Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#442 - 10/22/04 02:39 PM Re: Gameplay
b0urgeoisie Offline

AAAARRRGH! I do that every time. Every time I discover a new fish i touch the screen before I read. Then I have to try to figure out what the fish does. I discovered the mutation and growth fish within two minutes of each other and can only guess at what they do. I think the growth fish makes babies mature faster. But, what does that mutation fish do?

#443 - 10/27/04 02:28 AM Re: Gameplay
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been playing for 313 hours and have discovered 6/7 of the magic fish. I'm not bragging -- trust me, there was no logic to it...it was all purely by accident.

One that wasn't by accident is that once I discovered how to breed the "main" fish (The Golden Guppy of Isola, also known as the Canary Fire-Arrow) and found out that it sells for $222 (and you can boost that), I made sure to keep two of those breeding in one of my tanks at all times, as well as the two parent fish that created it in the first place. I just kept popping out Canary Fire-Arrow babies in one tank and selling them for $222 a pop. You quickly get enough money to do just about anything you want to do in the game.

I'm having fun, but I admit to getting a big annoyed that I just can't seem to get that last magic fish. I really don't want to cheat and look at the chart, but it is driving me crazy.

#444 - 10/27/04 02:36 AM How to Get Fish 1/7?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm down to just one magical fish left. Anyone know how to get the Greenfin Spotanus (#1/7) -- as in what parents? I'm going bonkers!

#445 - 10/27/04 06:28 PM Re: How to Get Fish 1/7?
Flash57 Offline
Consigliere

Unfortunately, that Greenfin Spotanus is the one fish that you can't really breed "from scratch". As I recall, the Greenfin fin cannot be bred from anything but two other Greenfin fins. So, you just need to keep buying common fish until you find it, or until you find two or more Greenfin fins and breed them togther and get lucky enough to find the Spotanus body.

#446 - 10/27/04 07:26 PM Re: How to Get Fish 1/7?
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I bred a Greenfin Spotanus from two other fish. I'd say which ones, but I don't want to put a spoiler right here in the forum!

#447 - 10/31/04 07:07 PM Re: Gameplay
hoeveler Offline

I have a couple questions:
1. I have been doing a sort of "noah's arc" technique, but I quickly run out of space in my tanks. I am afraid to "sell-off" the last of each fish, but I know that with 500+ fish, I have to keep doing that. Any suggestions on what fish to sell-off and what to keep?
2. Why can I ONLY sell while in the "store" view? Aren't fish for sale always?

I have more questions but will post them later.

-Andrew

#448 - 10/31/04 08:37 PM Re: Gameplay
Unicorn

1. It's really hard to recommend certain fish to keep. I have found that the best approach (for me) is to keep track of how I got certain fish, and then I can breed them whenever I want. The only fish I tend to keep are the magic fish.

2. It's actually a good thing that you can only sell fish while you are in the store. That way you can use the selling tank as a breeding tank, giving you more room to breed fish without your breeding stock "disappearing" on you.

#449 - 11/03/04 02:08 AM Re: Gameplay
hoeveler Offline

Does it matter if the fish are "purebred", i.e. continued breeding until both parents are same type?

#450 - 11/03/04 10:46 AM Re: Gameplay
Diana Offline
Legendary Tester

After you have gotten all the Magic Fish the next challenge is to come up with the 21 Perfect Fish.

Good Luck!

#451 - 11/03/04 12:26 PM Re: Gameplay
Unicorn

I don't think it matters. I haven't seen a difference in the results between "purebred" and hybrids, but I haven't really charted this yet to test it. It might be kind of fun to see if the results are the same or not.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter