Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 227 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39396 - 11/10/06 02:49 AM [CONTAINS SPOILER] Virtual Villagers
DeviantMonkeyAV Offline

I must say I'm kind of upset with Virtual Villagers. I spent $20 on a game that took me less than a week to complete, and there isn't really much of a replay value of this game either. I was sorely disappointed with the lack of actual things to do in this game. I hope the second chapter is free for those who have already purchased the game and I hope it comes with a few improvements on the actual game play. The game was nice and fun, but definatly not worth $20. Sorry guys!!

Edited by LadyCFII (12/06/06 07:19 PM)

#39397 - 11/10/06 10:08 AM Re: Virtual Villagers
Rifster Offline
Master

I think it has a lot of replay, Try it at HARD some time. This game is diffrent each time you play, Yes the Challeneges are the same but there are things that can be adjusted to make it more difficult to achieve.....I hope you give it a second shot.

#39398 - 11/10/06 08:37 PM Re: Virtual Villagers
hancrum Offline
Trainee

Loc: uk... nr manchester
Quote:

= The game was nice and fun, but definatly not worth $20. Sorry guys!!

omg!!! this has been the best £20 ever spent! every time you replay the villagers act different you have different village events etc! im so sad you dont love it too its just such an awsome game!

#39399 - 11/18/06 07:19 PM Re: Virtual Villagers
ljevtich Offline

Quote:

I must say I'm kind of upset with Virtual Villagers. I spent $20 on a game that took me less than a week to complete, and there isn't really much of a replay value of this game either. The game was nice and fun, but definatly not worth $20. Sorry guys!!

I do not know how you can say that about this game. One of the great parts about it is waiting for the events to happen, not just the puzzles, but the random events. Some other posters have talked about a beached whale, monkeys messing around, an outsider who comes in and takes some plants. These are all events that you have to wait for, and therefore this can not be completed in a week.

I "finished" the puzzles in 130 hours on hard but I plan to keep this tribe going through the new year to get those hours in and the events. I am keeping the villagers count low, and trying to keep the villagers living longer and longer.

The first time I tried the game, I had way too many people and too many kids, this time it is more manageable (sp?). You have to play with it and try different scenerios. I have played Diner Dash 1 and 2 and once you get to the end, you really do get to the end. This is the only game that I know that really does keep going even when you are not doing anything to it. That is what makes it really cool. And for $20, it is definitely worth it!

#39400 - 11/22/06 07:23 PM Re: Virtual Villagers
SquirrelNinja Offline

Lol, I guess what this comes down to is that there are two types of gamers here...I can understand that the lack of variety in goals defeats the replay value to many players, who get their fun from completing challenges. On the other hand, I know how much fun it can be to control your own village and such (I loved sim city, even though I sucked at it), in which case the goals come second to the journey. As much as I like it, though, $20 really is too much for this...

#39401 - 11/23/06 10:22 AM Re: Virtual Villagers
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
$20.00 is the standard price in casual games. If you go to any of the portals out there like Yahoo, MSN, AOL, BigFishGames, Shockwave, etc you will notice that all of the games are priced at $20.00 whether they are action games, match3 games, solitaire games, sim games etc...

#39402 - 11/26/06 12:32 PM Re: Virtual Villagers
2Tone Offline

I agree,
The price is just fine and I plan on spending it again when the new game comes out.
The fun is waiting for the diffrent events to take place and take what you have learned before and try not letting the "bad" happen again. I have 5 games going right now on each of the levels and am now "solving" the puzzles in diffrent orders to see the outcome.

#39403 - 11/28/06 06:13 AM Re: Virtual Villagers
blue_koka Offline
Consigliere

I have played the game several times.The 1st time I played I thought it was just a cute game.The second time something new,Beached Whale,monkeys,crates with children in them.This last time was the first time that I saw a villager take flowers to the grave yard to mourn the dead.And the first time that I saw the children go to school.So i can assure you the game is not the same everytime you play it.And the thing about it is you never know what they will do next so it is different every time you play.And I absolutely love the game.Is it worth $20.00? If your willing to pay $20.00 for the game in the beginning then the game is worth it.Because no one begged you to buy.They said it was a fun game and it is.Your a gammer and you chance all games.But tell me what kind of fun can you really have for $20.00 for more than an hour.You go see a movie and how much does it cost?And in order to know how something is you have to try it.You still haven't tried it if you have only played one game I assure you.Keep playing it really is a cute little game.And I like this game and I know I'll like the next.

#39404 - 12/01/06 03:55 PM Re: Virtual Villagers
TeceNightowl Offline

Loc: USA/CA.
Dear Carla, Even though we are new to the game we truly enjoy ourselves daily. We especially wanted to let you know that your comments were so well put that we just had to answer you back & even though we have gotten as far as we can. We look forward to Chapter 2. We have learned how to change each of our villagers names & we have gotten as far as we can get with our tech points . We have reached the limit of our villagers population.Yet we know we can get more. do you have a suggestion? We can not get past puzzle 11 any suggestion? Thank you The Brennans

#39405 - 12/01/06 04:27 PM Re: Virtual Villagers
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Hey there Brennans!

You may want to look at the VV Guides here.

You will see several threads, but the ones that would most interest you are;

Strategy Guide and Puzzle Hints, and
*Detailed Spoilers!*

If you just want some hints see the first. If you have given up on figuring it out yourself read the Detailed Spoilers page.

Hope that helps.

VI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter