Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 196 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#38015 - 10/26/06 12:36 PM Re: Where are you from??
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
or you could just move here i have a spare room, but i can't cook. Then your computer would be set or you can use one of my other 3 computers

#38016 - 10/26/06 12:40 PM Re: Where are you from??
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
It would work out great cause I can cook! Your 3 plus my 1, so 2 for you 2 for me?

#38017 - 10/26/06 12:42 PM Re: Where are you from??
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Hi, I'm Trin (real name Elvy).

I live out bush in Victoria, Australia (in a place called Muckleford, population probably something like 70 heh!). I'm a 30 yo mum to four children (10, 6, 5 & 2) with one on the way. Usually I work in Indigenous Women's Health, as an Aboriginal health worker, but I'm off work now to provide 24 hour care for one of my children who is profoundly physically disabled (but a computer nut all the same lol).

I found VV a while ago, downloaded the trial version and after playing it for ten minutes, decided I just had to have it...which is a BIG deal, it's the first and only game I've ever bought/downloaded off the internet!

Nice to meet y'all!

#38018 - 10/26/06 12:53 PM Re: Where are you from??
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
yea you can have my old 600mhz desktop ill keep the 3ghz and my laptop and ill eat meals not from the microwave anymore How much stuff do you have my apartment isnt that big...lol

#38019 - 10/26/06 01:19 PM Re: Where are you from??
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I am Brooke from Houston TX. I teach freshman English and Reading in Houston ISD. I am also the sponsor for the Milby Chopper Club, where we are teaching kids how to build motorcycles and then offer them scholarships to college or trade school. I am also the school's 504 coordinator, after school tutor, unofficial tech assistant, baker, mother hen, and mother bear. I have 210 children this year, about 600 more from previos years. At least 50-60 of my old babies come to see me every week (constantly having to kick them outta my room so they will go to their own classes) and for some reason they call me on the weekends.

If you can't tell, work is my life. I love to read, write, cook, and bake. Most of my skills are directed at making my kids lives a little easier, a little happier, and much more successful.

My stress revlievers are VV and FT.

My free time (what little there is) is spent studying science (esp quantum theory-go figure), messing with motorcycles, playing video games, and helping take care of my handicapped mother when she has bad days. I live with my parents because we don't like leaving mom alone when dad has to work nights. She has a tendency to catch things on fire when she is tired and doesn't pay attention to what she is doing.

I used to have a dog, but we lost him last year. Still haven't recovered. We do have one (slightly evil) cat, Emily, who is spoiled silly. I have two goldfish, Mohawk and Faux, and a turtle names Loli who is currently at my best friends house while I babysit his turtle, Don. I need to rebuild my other tank after a minor fiasco clamined the lives of two fish and Stinky the Snail. *sniffles*

No children. No husband. No worries.

#38020 - 10/26/06 02:40 PM Re: Where are you from??
Anji Offline
Master

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Oh oh !! Guess what girls ?? I too do Genealogy !! In fact I actually research for other people as a sort of small business. I advertise on Ebay, sell a few CD's and get a lot of commissions from Australia and the US. Presently I am working for a gentleman in Alabama (called Joe as well Monk) and we have become the greatest of penpals. If you need any help with Scottish rellies I'll try my best to help.
I had a stroke a few years ago through stress, so be careful and don't grind yourself into the dust - its bad for you !! LOL !! I am now semi-disabled and completely unemployable (thank goodness) due to brain seizures. But don't you dare feel any pity for me !! I am happier than I have EVER been. 2 dogs and a couple of FANTASTIC friends who take good care of me and would do anything for me (they'll learn LOL !!)
Dundee is a small ex-industrial city on the East coast of Scotland, just above Edinburgh on the map if you are looking.
Sit at my computer all day and most of the night flitting from VV1 to my other games and researching family trees. Can be boring sometimes but at least its safe. Blinking cold at the moment, with gale force winds that near take your face off as soon as you step outside !! I'm here in my wee cottage, in my sleeping bag, cosy as toast LOL !!
Here endeth my first chapter LOL !!

#38021 - 10/26/06 02:44 PM Re: Where are you from??
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Cass, I haven't updated it in ages mine was on ancestry.com. Yeah, I just love it, I couldn't believe what I found out about my ancestors. I've take a break from it (VV) but I will be going back to it. I also use findagrave.com, do you? Here is the listing for my dad with some links to his parents and so on. I still have links to add but check it out if you like.

#38022 - 10/26/06 02:48 PM Re: Where are you from??
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Wow!! I'm mostly Scot Irish. Let's see Dad -- Megill (McGill, MacGill), Hutchison, Mackintosh and Muir. I have a good bit of info on the Hutchison's from the late 1600's arriving in America, virtually nothing on the Mackintosh or Muir's (the Muir's arrived in the mid 1800's).

This is so cool to find you all here playing VV.

#38023 - 10/26/06 02:59 PM Re: Where are you from??
Anji Offline
Master

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Another coincidence ?? I have relatives buried in Forest Hills if its the same one. Early to mid 1900's. Is that Alleghany County ?? Can I pm you with my private email and we can correspond. You can give me more details of who you are looking for in Scotland

#38024 - 10/26/06 03:21 PM Re: Where are you from??
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Of course you can pm me. Sorry, it isn't in Allegheny County; we are in Philadelphia County. Allegheny County is closer to VillageMonk. Here is a link to all the Forest Hill cemeteries listed on Findagrave in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Forest Hills cemeteries.

If you haven't checked out Findagrave, please give it try. There are so many volunteers around the globe who are posting grave information and even go out and do look up requests. Their forums are just like here. The people who participate are great and really try to help others.

In fact, FAG was where I found my GGgrandfather's burial and from there I was able to get more information about him and even a photo Jeremiah Hutchison.

I work at my part time tonight but I will get back to you with any information that I have on my family.

Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter