Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#37421 - 10/25/06 03:03 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Hey biddy,

I do have an obssesive personality and have a tendency to count and can work with my villagers for consequtive hours having them do repetitive tasks without realizing how much time I've sat here doing it.

I took the time to read Village Monk's guide. It was somewhat different than what I thought it would be. If there really are 15,000 odd posts on here... well, I'm just not going to read them all. The main thing is, I don't want to step on ldw toes (or RA refugee toes) by writing things that have already been written. True, I've done experiments and research, but this game appeals to addictive/obssesive personalities (AND people who are NOT encumbered with these). My point being, I'm not the only person who counts, or who will stay glued on a villager/s for hours at a time. I "can" write what I've found out, BUT... hasn't it already been written on here SOMEwhere??? NOW... I DID write my experience with the majical fruit on the aging topic. And am still playing with a couple of games to find out if the age stat does or does not correlate to the actual age when I see a villager walking(crawling) around and then die. Have only had 21 villagers die in the one game (none in the other - too early) and so far, I have witnessed their death's and the tombstone and stats are correct. On RA, the question was: after the first 50 headstones... are the true ages of your villagers when they die (the last time you saw them alive) reflected in the stats - or exaggerated. We suspect it is exaggerated. The oldest villager I've ever seen walking around was 83, the stat says 83, and so does the tombstone -so far, everything is on the mark. Since I pause my games so I can be here watching, it's going to take time for 50 villagers to die. Jer had several games going that he did NOT put on pause to test our theory, but we haven't heard from Jer. Once I find out something worth posting, it'll be on the aging post. Not exactly, wisdom, (in my book...hahaha)... but apparently interesting enough for some of us to keep track of.

#37422 - 10/25/06 03:58 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland
Hi gohill and everyone!

I sent another e-mail to RA, got a reply back stating that they are trying hard to resolve this issue and will keep me updated.

And I'll keep hounding them....

WHERE'S JER AND JIMMYNEXUS????? MISSING THE TAG LINES AND FONT OF KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH GENTLEMEN!!!

Please dip your toes again in the LDW lagoon, haha!!

Best of Irish,

Maura

P.S. Carla/Barbara, any chance you could "sticky tack" this thread??

#37423 - 10/25/06 04:01 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
This thread is doing a fine job of staying at the top without my help!

#37424 - 10/25/06 05:26 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Yes, you're right Barbara. I saw it drifting down the board a bit last night and maybe "paniced" a bit, sorry.

Anyway,

I FINALLY posted a snapshot!!! Grace, you'd be proud, it's, dare I say it myself, a good one!!!!

Had to share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37425 - 10/25/06 05:41 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

You panic. hahahaha

#37426 - 10/25/06 05:53 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
Hi Gohill, thanks for the reply, what did you find out about the magic fruit and ageing? (or any other 'refugees')
I asked if it had any special properties before and didn't really get an answer - just that it is like the mushies and you have to take peeps there.
Have any of you found out if it can help keep elderly going longer?
I just play the game - and though I keep a record of likes, dislikes, names and ages (and who gave birth to who) I really don't have the time to be totally obsessional about it. I like to try out new strategies also and set myself targets for each game (now on my ?25th)
SO please keep posting any info that you think may interest us that have not seen all your posts before - or even those that have seen them !!!!
And thanks for my shortened nickname -long time since I was called it (my school days)

#37427 - 10/26/06 12:47 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Dear biddy,

Instead of rewriting everything on aging and the fruit, please read posts on "Contains Spoilers..how old was your oldest villager". It's not really that long of a thread and think mine are more towards the end, maybe middle. Still, the whole thread is interesting in and of itself.

The thing about a theory... all it takes is ONE incident to the contrary to dissprove it. I took ONE villager, for FOUR hours - it did not increase the villager's lifespan, did not hold off on the term "elderly", and at 66, the villager started the sloooooooow step. Having said that.. I find myself grabbing elderly villagers, have them eat the fruit and enjoy the lagoon... just because they are elderly. Kinda dumb really, it's not like the characters are real, no matter what the computer says they "feel", they don't FEEL anything...*I* feel better about myself when I give them a break. I want them to retire and since they are not programmed to retire, I want them to do something else besides work. Part of the weirdness added to the long list of weirdness about me. heavy sigh

#37428 - 10/26/06 12:51 PM about the avatar change
gohill Offline
Adviser

Here's a shout out to Maura for sending me a picture of the cute little snow leopard to use as my avatar. Wish I were that cute... but, the mirror suggests otherwise. such is life

#37429 - 10/26/06 04:20 PM Re: about the avatar change
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Oh, gohill, nearly didn't recognise you in your new "dress", glad you like it! And I think you're mirror is lying, this outfit really suits you, haha!! Maybe I've missed my calling, should have been a "personal shopper", except, I hate shopping,

Drought, well, I confess, it wasn't panic exactly, just a little "fret" and even I have my moments!!!

Biddy, with a name like that, any Irish connection???

Where is grace and tink????

IF YOU ARE A VV ADDICT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN PERIL....

I came across a post about "copying" VV into a new folder and, wait for it, having 10 games to play instead of 5!!!

I tried it and it didn't work. Well, it did, but what happened was what you did in one game in the "new" file, was repeated in the original...so, no, didn't work.

I tried "splitting" and creating an orphan file, same thing.

But what occurred to me was for anyone who is an RA member, and didn't remember this, you can use your Gamepass to Shockwave.com and download VV from there!!

Had to share

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37430 - 10/26/06 05:45 PM Re: about the avatar change
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
Hi Maura - Biddy is my school nickname but my father was Irish and my mother is Welsh!!! I am English but my partner was Scottish!!! I had to have a little of all of the UK in me somehow.
What part of Ireland are you from/live now?? I managed to get there a few years ago and toured through from the North to the South (in 4 days) would love to do more someday.

Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter