Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#37331 - 10/19/06 03:57 PM Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
graceworks2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Oregon, USA
There are a bunch of us... I am very disapointed with RA at the moment ... But I would like to Introduce myself.

I'm Grace. I am a VV addict.
("Hello, Grace" replies all the VV 12 steppers)

I am a 40 yr old wife and mother of 4 from Oregon, USA.

I have posted here at LDW a few times. I posted over at RA a few thousand times. I am a controller - a micro-manager. I tend to keep all of my villagers together as a team. Everyone farms, then everyone researches, etc.

I would like to introduce my friends from RA... (guys? your turn)

Thanks for the welcome!
Grace

#37332 - 10/19/06 04:11 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
what is RA? hehe

Nevermind i just read the post from Arthur. Welcome all to VV Forums

Edited by Village_Monk (10/19/06 04:37 PM)

#37333 - 10/19/06 04:41 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
@Village_Monk - Real-Arcade (RA) is a portal that sells a lot of games, including ours.

Hi Grace, make yourself at home. We will try and get our games (and the forums) back on real as soon as possible. In the meantime enjoy your stay here!

#37334 - 10/19/06 04:42 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland
Hello grace....was it something I said, haha????

This is a bit like moving house but without the boxes, haha...

Nice little "welcome mat" message from Arthur and Carla....

I posted on the thread in the RA general discussion, wonder where everyone will go now......

Best of Irish,
Maura

P.S. I feel a little shell shocked and "confused", a bit like our little VV's, haha....

#37335 - 10/19/06 04:47 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We're really nice people here, and we'll try to take good care of you all! We'd have even helped you unpack, had you brought boxes. Welcome!

#37336 - 10/19/06 05:20 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Yes, a big LDW forum member Welcome! I'm saddened by the news of RA, but all things work for the betterment of LDW. So jump in and join the conversation here at LDW forums.

We are all here to support each other, and I look forward to meeting other VV fans, and can’t wait to learn from them.

#37337 - 10/19/06 06:09 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Welcome to LDW forums We only bite on days that have 25 hours, so you're safe for a long while

#37338 - 10/19/06 06:15 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Quote:

Welcome to LDW forums We only bite on days that have 25 hours, so you're safe for a long while

Speak for yourself!

#37339 - 10/19/06 06:18 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
lol

#37340 - 10/19/06 08:04 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
cheriann Offline
Trainee

Loc: WI but my heart is in AZ
Hi Grace. I am a RA refugee too. I did not know until today when I went looking for a post about VV and thought I was going nuts because I could not find the VV forum. I am seriously considering canceling my membership.

Anyway, I am a 37 year old mother of two loud boys and I am a Home Educator. I live in WI but my heart will always remain in AZ.

Cheri Ann
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

#37341 - 10/19/06 08:51 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
GRACE!!!!!!!! sniff...sniff... was about to have a heart attack when I saw the RA v v message board was gone. Not even 24 hours and was suffering SERIOUS withdrawals from you guys!!!!!!!! I wanted to update Jer on my current findings - wanted to know what he had found out - was FREAKING out. Finally found on the RA general board that you guys had moved here... I got approved QUICKly... wonder what's taking Jer so long?!?!?!?! Can't imagine no more JER!!!!!!!!! Was thinking, no more YOU, no more Tink, or Maura, or Jimmy, or drought or... countless others I had come to "love". Maura said she wrote on here but didn't see her.

I'm one of Grace's 12 steppers. A 47-yr old wife/mother of two grown "boys". I play my games similar to Gracie-poo. My husband was thrilled there was no more RA message board. He's sulking at the moment realizing I found another place to rant and rave. Oops gotta go.... it's his turn to rant and rave.

#37342 - 10/19/06 09:15 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Hi, nice to meet you. Do you have "playing virtual villagers" selected as one of your preferred activities? (You know, so everytime you should be doing something else, you can be found wandering to the puter to play it?)

#37343 - 10/19/06 09:36 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Jer Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Mexico
Hiya Grace and all,

Yep... I finally made it from the now defunct Real Arcade Virtual Villagers message board.

I'm 67 and retired from doing some engineering work for the Naval Research Lab. I live in Southern Maryland, very near the Potomac River.

VV has become something of an obession for me cuz it is so darned CUTE!!!!

My inquisitive nature causes me to analyze things about the game... how much does a villager eat under certain circumstances, for example... or how long it takes them to die if they are denied food.... or how long is a villager year? How does this vary with game speed? Are the villagers as productive in 1/2 speed as in 2X speed?

The "need" to analyze this game seems as endless as the options, even tho some events are truly randomlike. (The systems engineer in me realizes that there is nothing truly random in computers... merely appearing to be random. *chuckle*)

The way I "handle" a village depends on what answers I am seeking.... sometimes putting all to one task, sometimes letting them go their merry way.

Jer

I drank WHAT!? - Socrates

#37344 - 10/19/06 10:34 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Jer i would be interested in conversing with you on what you found out. Maybe i could include some of that stuff in the guide im nearing completion on. Probably this weekend since i have nothing better to do but dwell in front of my pc and eat peanut butter sandwichs. Man life is hard

#37345 - 10/19/06 10:47 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

Another R.A. Poster jumping ship & landing on the island of ldw. Glad to see part of our gang here. Had to wait all day for aproval. Thanks Arthur for manually approving me!!For those of you who don't know we had a message board over there with over 5300 post on it & they pulled it. Arthur maybe you saved some of our post that I'm sure you have all of our permissions to repost. Jer please bring us all up to date on your last stats. Thanks to all the people on this board for welcoming us.

#37346 - 10/19/06 10:53 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Jer Offline
Adviser

I'd be pleased to share any of the info I have gleaned from my tests. Unfortunately some of the details were lost when Real Arcade's forum on VV went down. I still have much if not all of the raw data, tho... and much of it is still pretty fresh in my mind if you just want general statements rather than something like "it takes 7 builders 3 hours real time to clear the blockage whether the speed is set on 1/2, normal or 2X". Don't take that quote as gospel, however.

Send me an email... addy is in my profile... and we can figger out how to connect when it is convenient for both of us.

Jer

Don't write a run-on sentence you got to punctuate it.

#37347 - 10/19/06 10:59 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

I feel like a 5 year old entering school for the first time. Looking around nervously at all the new faces, they seem O.K. Good I see some of my friends from preschool there's Jer, Grace, & oh there's Maura I think it is safe to enter.

#37348 - 10/19/06 11:05 PM Age question
Jer Offline
Adviser

The jury is still out here on the age problem. So far, on each of my 4 test villages, stats agree with headstones which agree with, or at least seem plausible considering, my real time observations.

What have you seen, Gohill?

For those who are not familiar with this Age thing (started on the defunct VV Real Arcade discussion board), it was brought to our attention by Maura that the maximum ages of villagers listed on the Statistics page seemed to be greater than what was ever observed while the villagers were alive. Maura further reported something which seemed to indicate that the villagers might age really FAST when they die! That is, something like a 70 year old villager died while she was not at the keyboard, but when she returned maybe 2 hours later, he had died at the age of 89. I know, Maura.... times and ages are not right... just using this for an example.

To test this, I started 4 villages, each on easy, 2X speed. I've been monitoring them carefully, as often as once each 2 hours, recording the name and age of each villager, along with the real world clock time, the elapsed played time from the Stats page and the oldest villager data from the Stats page.

Jer

Archaeologist: Person whose career lies in ruins.

#37349 - 10/19/06 11:17 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Thats some crazyiness right there. but i will get in touch with you and see if there is some stuff i can use. For anyone who doesnt know (new people from RA.) There is a halloween mod i created your welcome to try out if you like under the guide section

#37350 - 10/19/06 11:28 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Welcome to the forum y'all.

the halloween mod looks fabulous btw.

#37351 - 10/20/06 01:32 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Redway035 Offline

Loc: Muskegon, Michigan
Wow, I am glad to see you all made it over ok. I'm so glad i wont be all alone when VV2 comes out. Must have message boards. I am more addicted to them than the game itself. Hang in there guys. My lastest experiment is to see how many tech points My peeps can get before i fold and drop a mama. I have all my tech fields full expect for the last medicine, as long as i dont buy it they keep onracking up points. sneeky aint i! I have about 910,000 now and am trying to wait until i have a million to summon the golden one. have a good night all and see ya round. -Jamie

#37352 - 10/20/06 09:40 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Welcome to LDW, RA refugees! I'm Cass, 25 year old mom from Canada, VV addict You guys really need to try the halloween mod it's awesome! I can really tell that you guys are going to make great additions to conversations. Nice to have you, hope we'll be a nice place for you to wash up

#37353 - 10/20/06 09:40 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
FishyFrances Offline
Adviser

Hi to the newcomers! I lurk around these boards a lot - I'm a VV addict! I've found the regulars here very friendly and helpful. The moderators are also very knowlegeable - I got some great technical advice when I hit a glitch! Hope you all stay around because I'm enjoying reading your posts - you seem to have a wealth of knowlege about the game!

#37354 - 10/20/06 09:53 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

I can't believe the RA just took away your forum There was no warning? just one day you tried to log on and you couldn't? I really really hope that would never happen here, I would be lost! I'm addicting to this forum almost as much as I'm addicting to VV!

#37355 - 10/20/06 11:23 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Welcome aboard RA refugees, what a shame about losing all your posts!

#37356 - 10/20/06 12:40 PM Re: Age question
gohill Offline
Adviser

JER!!!!! Glad to see you made it here safe and sound!

Was just going to tell you that I'm not real happy with how "young" this next generation are when they die. It's seems like they're dropping like flies - each one younger than the previous one... last one was only 72. Have decided to only teach current 14yr olds to become adept in either farming or healing and then leave them alone. I'm still curious if forcing the third or fourth master on them sent them to an early grave. The second to last generation I created only have two masters (farming & healing) which they obtained in their early 20's and have left them completely alone since - maybe they'll live longer.

Anyway, so I kept checking in with that village every hour and each time I did, a villager died. I paused the game and haven't put it back on yet. Probably a coincidence, but when I was actively messing with the youngest group, no one died.... when I'd leave that game to go play another village, come back, within seconds of coming back, a villager died. Headstones and age stat still match the ages of the villagers.

Was also wondering if you decided to do all the puzzles or not? I would think, if all you are doing is checking ages when they die, you don't "have" to do but the bare minimum with the games.

Bringing back my (current) personal favorite of Jer's tagliners:
FIGHT BACK! Fill out your tax forms in Roman Numerals.

#37357 - 10/20/06 01:19 PM Re: Age question
Jer Offline
Adviser

On my test villages I have tried to progress thru the puzzles more or less like I would in other games, to at least try to simulate a game that is not for test purposes. For example, I buy Tech in all categories, breed enough to keep the populations above the danger level (about 15) and when I check them, I put villagers who have gone astray back on task.

Still no overaged dead villagers. In fact, in 3 of the 4 villages I checked this morning, after 12 hours of not monitoring them, I found that all had aged only about TEN years, when if all had gone as usual, they would have aged 12 years... one year for every hour at 2X speed.

The only thing I see that may account for that is that there were "events" in most of the villages. Sorry I have not kept track of that. There was a theory published by at least one gamer which stated that everything stops in a village until the gamer acknowledges an event, or perhaps makes a decision. So, perhaps aging stops too? Have you seen this anomaly?

Jer

A fool and his money... Hey! Where's my wallet?

#37358 - 10/20/06 01:27 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
Hi Graceworks I loved reading your posts on all the RA forums (I was not a poster there so you don't know me) and think it is rotten of them to pull VV off.
Hope you enjoy our forums here and look forward to reading your entertaining and informative posts here.

#37359 - 10/20/06 02:31 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Hello everyone, thanks for the warm welcomes!!!

Hi drought, grace,jer, gohill, et al!!!

I just left a post on the general discussion board on RA wondering where tink, jimmynexus and dansmot are!!!

Also, got a reply from my e-mail to RA. I complained about the closing down of the forum and had asked them if they could at least reinstate the last week of our posts, or something. Anyway, the first reply was that she couldn't see a problem with the forum as she was looking at it and thought it was possibly my connection. I replied that the game had been pulled and everything else with it!!

I don't know what she was looking at, but, got two replies today, first acknowledging problem and telling me I'd been "elevated". Now, I'm not too crazy about heights but I suppose a little "elevation" won't hurt, haha!!

So, third reply from Mike at Real Networks Level 2 Tech Team, very nice and supportive, he should have been a doctor, great bedside manner, haha!!

Well, he said and I quote "that my case had been elevated due to the severity of it", don't you love "tech speak" and that he apologised for any inconvenience, ahhhhh!!

Goes on to say, "As I understand this, the VV board is no longer available. I can help you with this. I have reported this to the Real Arcade team for correction as quickly as possible." Love and Kisses, Mike (no he didn't say that last bit, but I know he wanted to,haha!!

So, maybe RA will reinstate the board and then again maybe not, it's in the lap of the dogs, sorry, gods, haha!!

Just thought I'd share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37360 - 10/20/06 02:40 PM Re: Age question
gohill Offline
Adviser

OH... was that YOUR wallet?!?!? I suppose this means you want your money back...

As for your question, have not seen that particular anomaly but it makes sense. If everything stops, so would the aging.

Started my (test) game again... oldest is now 71 and will check back in about an hour to see if he makes it to 72. Only have 2 elderly, next being 68. My triple masters are as young as 44... double masters are still in their 20's. I'm still curious to see if the ones I didn't push as hard live longer than the ones I did. But, I do put it on pause when I can't check ages every hour or two (they are mean to me here, they only let me out of my straight jacket when I promise to behave.. that's HARD!!). I'm TRYING not to be AS obsessive but... haven't completed Grace's 12 step program for V V addicts. Just can't seem to stop myself from training the little critters.

#37361 - 10/20/06 03:10 PM Re: Age question
Cass Offline
Consigliere

What is Grace's 12 step program for VV addicts??

#37362 - 10/20/06 03:38 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
graceworks2 Offline
Expert

Well, Hail Hail... the gangs here! But we are still missing a bunch that haven't found their way here yet.

Thanks to all the Welcomes! We have a lot to share.

BUT! I have to say that I assume NO RESPONSIBILITY for these refugee! hahhaa I know them. I am not their leader! hehhehe

I just wish we could have had the time to copy out the great stuff over there. Over 5000 posts!
We had a great thread on just about anything. Mushroom Hunting, Speed vs production. What to do after you "finish" ( it's never really finished...TY AH! hehehe). We had a "Who ARE YOU?" thread that was signed by people all over the world. There was a HUGE thread called "VV2 Wish list" hahahah (We are very opinionated...) "How to take pictures", "What Songs Do Your Villagers Dance To?", We even tried to write a collective story once...that was a flop, but anyway.... hahhaha

So, I will try to read all your threads here and chime in. I will try not to step on anyones toes. We had very few fights "over there" so I think you might like us, inspite of ourselves. These are a great bunch of people coming over. I have never seen a game board at RA that reached the level of "community" like this game has. Kudos to Arthur and all of you on the staff for a job well done. We love this... Just wonder how you made real people live in my computer!

(oooo wouldn't it be cool if our villagers could visit the other villages? Online interactive? hahahah Of course then why would they stay in their village if they could reach the "mainland"... Same question I have about "the others" on Lost...hehhehehe)

Sorry, sometimes I ramble a bit... hehhehe Gotta Love me! It's a rule!

Thanks again for the welcome!

#37363 - 10/20/06 04:22 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

I'm not sure if anyone but me can see my posts cause it seems like whenever I ask a question nobody answers me so here goes again: what is Grace's 12 step program for VV addicts?

#37364 - 10/20/06 04:26 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

All hail Grace, bowing down. Maybe we need to keep bumping the post over at RA to get the rest over here.hehe I'm surprised they haven't pulled that post yet, maybe they don't care if we leave. Do you by chance have Tinks or any of "the others" e-mails just in case the don't check the g.d. board. This morning a good portion of the group was on over here. BTW if they make it a continuing game are we going to have to by the original over here?

#37365 - 10/20/06 04:59 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Welcome to all from RA boards.

I don't post often (cause my questions are already answered here) but try to keep up on the boards. The people here are all really nice and so helpful.

And, holding my head high, I will admit that I am a VV addict who is ready for VV2 but its still only at 65%.

Welcome, put your feet up and rest a spell.

#37366 - 10/20/06 05:38 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a 12 step program to cure our addiction to this game. Still, we try not to take our addiction to the game too seriously. It IS an addiction for some of us, but the jokes about straight jackets and padded cells have not become a reality.... yet. Comments about alcohol consumption while playing this game...not always a joke. Assuming we are all of age, if we could pass the bottle, we would. There IS a 12 step program for that. Hopefully none of us are there yet, either.

#37367 - 10/20/06 05:45 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

thanks for the answer gohill...I was just wondering if maybe you RA refugee's maybe made up your own funny VV 12 step program that's all, IBTeri has, she posted a thread it's really funny

#37368 - 10/20/06 06:04 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

REEaaaaaally... sounds interesting. Will assume it's posted as VV12 step program, but will wait your confirmation on that.

#37369 - 10/20/06 06:07 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
no look under VVA by IBTeri VVA 12 step post

#37370 - 10/20/06 06:16 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
graceworks2 Offline
Expert

Dearest Cass,
So Sorry it has taken so long to reply to you. I'm having internet connection problems today.

Sorry to tell you that I have not figured out a 12 step program. . . I have tried to "push boulders" (meaning running off to play other games) but I just can't stay away to long. Mostly it's the people that I have met because of the game that keep me hooked. The reference to the 12 step program was a joke I added to my introduction here and my friends took it up and ran with it. Gohill answered that one perfectly. We joke about the white coats coming... "Put down the mouse and back away from the computer... the nice men in the white coats will be there soon with some nice medicine to calm you down..." We say this when one of us gets a bit too emotional about something a villager did or didn't do... hahhah Which is often!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone... I will search for IBTeri's 12 step program! (It's a bit different navigating here than I'm used to...)

#37371 - 10/20/06 06:31 PM A chance that RA will restore the VV forums?
Jer Offline
Adviser

So they may be considering putting the board back up, huh? Sure wud be nice, since much of the information there is not easy to replace. Like, some of the results of my testing... I still have my original notes but the actual results were mostly on the board, not in my notes.

And, the way things were organized there was a bit different... no better than this board I guess, after we get used to it... but at my age, I am not easy to change! LOL

Jer

Psychic Convention cancelled due to unforeseen problems.

#37372 - 10/20/06 06:36 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

HAHAHAHAHA.... found it. CUTE!!!!!! Phooey... all this time I've been blaming Arthur and co. - not wanting to be the adult and take responsibility for the unthinkable amount of time I've sat here throwing villager after villager into the cactus/berry bush/research table/boulders etc. forcing them to learn various skills. This would be all well and good if I didn't have a Bear who likes to be fed.... bear being my husband. He seems to think that something called "a life" exists outside of this game.. I beg to differ... needless to say, we disagree on the importance of this game. I have yet to tell him there is a sequel... that should go over like a lead ballon. HAHAHAHA... oh man, he may pull the plug on me. Considering my emotional status when I realized RA no longer had the VV message board... this may not be pretty.

And GRACE.... WHERE IS TINK?!?!?!?!?! She's out there in the cold cruel world... all alone.... sniff, sniff

#37373 - 10/20/06 06:41 PM Re: Age question
Jer Offline
Adviser

My 4 test villages are still plugging along.... nearing completion, actually..... one of them "finished". That is, all puzzles complete including the GC ones, and after 93 hours of play (I left them all running, puter up) there is no sign of any age problems of the sort we are looking for, with older age stats than possible due to real time elapsed.

I intend to keep these going, but perhaps with less attention paid, after "completion" at least until the graveyard is filled, when it will be more difficult to do the checking required.

Jer

All those who believe in telekinesis please raise my hand.

#37374 - 10/20/06 07:24 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Hey Maura, I'm being emotional and "worried" about Tink. I know she had an email address on her RA profile but never emailed her - preferred to share my rantings with the whole class. Was hoping you, Grace, or SOMEone from RA had captured her email address so she would know where we are. She might have moved on to another game, I thought about it myself but kept looking for ya'll. Ya'll being a good 'ole Texan way of saying all of you. At least I haven't resorted to saying "fixin to".

It's nice here but do hope RA reinstates that message board. Everyone has been so nice to welcome us.. but, we're missing too many. And if RA doesn't reinstate that board, I wonder if we'll ever hear from them again.

Surely they didn't believe the rumors about their being "a life" out there (and stop calling me Shirly). NOOOOOOOOO say it isn't so.. Lassie, come home!!!!!

Don't know about you Maura, but I'm still "bewildered and confused". sniff, sniff ... I want my blankie and pillow.

#37375 - 10/20/06 07:31 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

Ya'll being a good 'ole Texan way of saying all of you. At least I haven't resorted to saying "fixin to".

Hey, there's nothing wrong with either of those - I'm from Alabama, and we use those fairly frequently.

#37376 - 10/20/06 07:51 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

I agree . Just that I dated a Yankee once who teased me to death about "fixin to" and broke me of the habit.

#37377 - 10/20/06 08:05 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

I agree . Just that I dated a Yankee once who teased me to death about "fixin to" and broke me of the habit.

I don't much use "y'all," but I'm not sure I could let go of "fixin to"

#37378 - 10/20/06 08:10 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
JimmyNexus Offline

Whassup? Jimmy's in the hut...

Just took me a while to get here. Was tryin' to build a boat, but found out it wasn't possible. So I had to swim here.

#37379 - 10/20/06 08:45 PM Re: A chance that RA will restore the VV forums?
gohill Offline
Adviser

Hey Jer, I'm with you about age and change... For ex: I "thought" I had put an image under my name on this board... whatever. There are cool graphics and stuff, I don't get how to use them. I learn what I need to learn about the computer and to heck with the rest. Old school: if it's not broken, don't fix it. Sometimes, less is more.

Not ignoring all you wrote about your current research. Kinda hard to find it on here. And when I think I'm replying to a particular message...nope. I'll figure it out, the other was familar and "think" I knew what I was doing. That's up for debate but it's my opinion and sticking with it.

No one has said whether they've been able to get ahold of Tink or not. heavy sigh Still feel like I got the wind knocked out of my sails and paused my games. Last time I checked, the 71 yr old had turned 72 and the twins "Dawn" & "Dusk" were born. The other two sets of twins did exactly what I thought they would do. "Salt" (1st twin)became a master doc before becoming a master farmer - "Pepper" (2nd twin) did just the opposite. "Nickel" (1st twin) became a master farmer before becoming a master doc while "Dime" (2nd twin) did just the opposite as well.

Kinda surprised you chose to do the puzzles. hmmm... got another game going on 1/2 speed - might just put on 2x speed, only do farming and healing, not do the rest of the puzzles, just get 3rd level of farming and see what happens. Without the 3rd level of medicine, they "should" die in their 60's or before. Okay... I'm curious again. I miss Tink and the others who haven't found their way here. Getting sentimental in my "old" age.

#37380 - 10/20/06 08:57 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tears falling from eyes.... YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO glad to "see" you!!!!!!!!! I think you are really going to like it here... all kinds of gadgets to mess with... right up your alley. Now, if you'll tell me how to use this stupid machine - just keep throwing me into (mind the wires would ya) - I "might" be able to figure out how to get an image under my username. I tried "edit" on the profile, didn't take. And what does UBB mean anyway?? And what's a Graemlin?? Another name for "smiley" pictures?? Code... yeah, I've got your code. Signature to post... WHAT?!?!?!

Hey... did you happen to see Tink while you were swimming over here?!?!?!

#37381 - 10/20/06 09:08 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

Jimmy glad to see you finally made it. I'll be right back have to go over to RA, I put out an apb on you & Tink need to ammend my post

#37382 - 10/20/06 09:26 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Hiiiiiii Jimmy, glad you were able to swim over to us. I don't what I would have done as I can't swim, and I live right on the Atlantic ocean, how ironic, haha!

I don't know if I'll make much sense on the board as I'm just back from the pub, but I'll see how my typing holds up....

Left another message on drought's thread on RA for Tink (and Jimmy as well) but no sign so far, maybe she's building a raft and sailing over.

Gohill, I wish you hadn't mentioned Lassie, I always cry in that film, I can be as daft as a brush sometimes, haha....

There is a thread about the oldest villagers already started, so I don't know whether to post something about it here or on that thread...has anyone else ventured outside of this house, I mean thread, yet???

About the avatar, gohill, it's easy enough. If you don't have pics, you can go to google photos and copy something from there. You may have a "my photos" doc file on your system already, if not just create one. Or you can do the paint box as grace talked about. There's also adobe photoshop, you can use free a few times, I think.

The only thing I have salvaged from the RA forum was my letter to Arthur about the GC, now should I post it here or not, should I bother at all, those are the questions??

Maybe try and remember suggestions from Kriis's (where is Kriis??) wish list and post them here. Should we start a new Kriis's wish list in her "honour" so to speak....

I know I am rambling a bit, trying to gather my thoughts, and they are well and truly all over the place....

Best of Irish,
Maura

P.S. Have no idea why half of this post is in purple, I did click the font colour but didn't think it worked, it kind of does.....

Edited by irishmaura (10/20/06 09:30 PM)

#37383 - 10/20/06 09:35 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

Maura or Grace have you tried the Halloween thing yet? Purple what's wrong with purple? Someone on here changed their mushroom color to purple.

#37384 - 10/20/06 09:37 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
Quote:

Someone on here changed their mushroom color to purple.

LOL I made my brown one yellow with red poka dots and the red one with white dots. But I do like the punkins in the halloween mod.

#37385 - 10/20/06 10:07 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

I think that you guys should post whatever you want here, we're a fun bunch always looking for new things!! Please if have anything to add, do it! DO IT NOW!! sorry to yell I'm just a little excited cause of the all commotion. Love reading what you guys have to say So happy you found your way here, make yourselves at home

#37386 - 10/20/06 10:12 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

HAHAHA... Maura... such a hoot!!!!!!! I got a pic under my name. Thought about using the tiger... love tigers... pic was a little too aggressive for my personality.

Yeah... Kriss, FloPS, Meme... think they might have gone off to push their own boulders. And got to thinking, wasn't it Tink who said she was going to move? I've slept since then and course, there's no post to reference back to.

Realizing you just came back from the pub... still, sorry I got you to thinking about a movie that makes you cry. Personally, I was overly emotional to see Jimmy finally show up. JUMPED out of the chair... YES!!! He's here!!!

#37387 - 10/21/06 12:34 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
graceworks2 Offline
Expert

Hey guys. Still having connection problems. I can read everything from my emails on my cell phone, but my internet on the comp is spotty at best. Hey Jimmy!

Hopefully tomorrow I will have better service... I hope this reply goes through.

#37388 - 10/21/06 03:11 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

OK, my favourite colour is purple, and have figured out why my last message is 1/2 and 1/2, sorted, haha!!

Gohill, I seem to recall that Tink was moving alright, but if we keep drought's post (and any others regarding VV) bumped on the General Discussion, hopefully she'll see it!!

No further news re my e-mail to RA, office hours Mon to Fri, so we're still in cold turkey mode, at least I am!!

There's a few posts on the General Discussion board in RA regarding VV. So I bumped drought's initial post and replied to spdrgrl and annie456, asked them to join us.

And do you want to know how petty the mods are in RA?

I was telling spdrgrl about the business dispute between RA and Big Fish, and they bleeped Big Fish, how petty is that??
So I tried again, using B*i*g F*i*s*h, and guess what, that was bleeped as well!! I saw red then, and typed B*g Feesh, which was accepted!!! Now, I wonder if spdrgrl realised what that was, haha!!

That petty censorship really annoyed me, and I don't get that way that often, so I asked everyone who was remotely interested in VV to come over here to the "bright" side, haha!!

Just thought I'd share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37389 - 10/21/06 05:21 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Am curious to see if this becomes green.
Anyway, Maura, I do hope the others get your message and come over here!! I "think" I remember Tink saying she wanted to move before the BIG snow came through... hope she made it.

I agree with you that the petty censorship is just that.. petty. Makes me wonder if the ones in charge are guys full of testosterone.. marking their territory. Not being sexist...have known more than one female in my life who can be just as territorial. Behavior isn't all that different - helps to tell the difference in gender by watching who hikes their legs.

I've been torturing my villagers today. I want the research over with so I can stop worrying about their health and stressing them out. Got a complex... everytime I see a villager run to "complain", got a bad feeling it's about me. "Would you tell that hand that keeps grabbing me by the head to STOP throwing me into the cactus bush!!" My response: Stop shaking your head at me and I might leave you alone!!!!!! Teenagers.. HONESTLY.. fight ya every step of the way. If I still had the big boulder, I'd be tempted to knock a few into it. If it would send them into a coma, half my village would be out of it by now.

#37390 - 10/21/06 05:48 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

TINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Saw" you looking at your home page. You're FINALLY (and I must say, it's about time!!) HERE!!! How have you been?!?!?!?!?

#37391 - 10/21/06 10:45 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
SpdrGrl Offline

Loc: Missouri, USA
Ahaa!!! Thought you could sneak away, huh? I wondered where eveyone went! Of aallll the games on RA, why did they pick on VV. I haven't seen your reply yet, Maura but I'll check it out when I am done here. I'm curious as to what all the hoopla is about as far as discontinuing VV message board.
I guess I will introduce myself, also. I am married (2nd time), with 3 grown children (from 1st marriage), and 7 grandchildren. Right now I am keeping tabs on the World Series game. So far, the Cardinals are in the lead 4 to 1 against the Tigers. Go, Cards!! We call our team the "Redbirds" but I heard on the news that Detroit is calling them "Deadbirds". Well, I hope they won't have to eat "crow" when we win the Series!!

#37392 - 10/21/06 11:36 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
tishka Offline

Hello, My name is tish and Im a virtualholic. Refuse to take the steps to end the addiction, however am open to suggestions to ease my pain with that, um, villagers two thingee -- please - send more villagers now - boo to RA - shud have jumped over here sooner, but who knew??? Hopefully there will be a kiss and make up sessions and I can have it all!!!! Yes Im a baby boomer, how could you tell???? Was that -have it all- a dead giveaway????(smiles)

#37393 - 10/22/06 02:47 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
BROWN6084 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
I'm so happy to see most of my favorites from RA's forum have made it over here. The only reason I still checked over at RA was to read your posts and sometimes add my own 2 cents. But honestly I think it's cool your all over here now, sharing all of your insight with the people that created the game. The response here is awesome and you won't have to go days to hear a reply, there is always a well-knowledged moderator or the The Village Idiot to give you a quick response.
Welcome everyone!!!!!!

#37394 - 10/22/06 03:42 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
Hello Grace

#37395 - 10/22/06 11:30 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Surfmistress Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi everyone! I'm new to the game - only about 5 days under my belt - and TOTALLY addicted, LOL.

I had gotten the demo from RA and got hooked, so bought it thru them. Read the forums there a couple of times to get a little help and went back to my own little island. Got stuck on a puzzle and went back for help again....couldn't find the forum or the game anymore. Was beginning to think I'd lost my mind or something, lol.

I'm not sure which of the RA regulars posted the link that brought me here, but thank you so much for doing it! Now I won't have to tear my hair out alone ;-)

Angel

#37396 - 10/22/06 03:25 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Tinkertoy63 Offline

Loc: Rochelle, IL USA
Hey, Grace!!!
Thanks for the heads up!!! I'm Tinkertoy63, also a RA refugee. I'm from Rochelle, Illinois, (Rail Road City of the world), I'm 43 til January 9. I'm disabled, an ex-hairstylist, and a mother of one son. i'm REALLY confused about what has happened. Has RA lost their minds???

#37397 - 10/22/06 04:34 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Heloooooooo Tink!! Glad you surfaced! Yes, we're all a bit "dazed and confused" since the RA fiasco, but hopefully, settling into our new home!!

Well, surf, now don't go tearing your hair out, it's not worth it, even though a leading cosmetic/hair company says you are!!

Gohill, I hate to tell you this, but your post isn't green! I figured out my error, and I'm hardly an expert navigating this site, but if you want to use a colour font, select your colour and type between the two brackets (colour:) and (/colour)...we spell colour with a "u" over here, haha! Also, one other little tip if you haven't discovered it yet, when you select a thread to view, scroll down to bottom of page and under quick reply there is a thread box. When you click that, you can view posts as a thread view as in Real Arcade, very good, haha!!

Jer and gohill, I bumped the post called "the oldest villager" for you to cast your eagle eyes over, any thoughts??

Oh, and I posted two poems on the poetry thread. One is the only thing I salvaged from RA forum, the Letter to Arthur thread, and yes, I know some of you don't agree with the sentiments expressed in that, haha!! The other is a short, funny (hopefully) and a little naughty poem (which I've just discovered has been slightly censored, haha!!), hope you enjoy them!!

Had to share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37398 - 10/22/06 04:35 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Hey GRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Ah HA! Yourself!!!! It's about TIME you showed up!!!!!! Imagine by now, you've read this thread and the one Arthur put up about RA cancelling VV and FT (attempting to keep my opinions about this to myself... trying....trying.... AHHHHHHHHHH... banging head against desk... confused... where was I?... who am I??) Bet your grandson was also not too pleased with the loss of the RA board. Been trying to get a hang of all these new gadgets and things... Like how to change the font color - hope it works this time.. this is also a test (of the emergency broadcast system, if this had been a REAL emergency..blah, blah, blah) All I've read from previous inhabitates of this island, they seem to be VERY nice and welcoming... I think they are going to let us stay. Guess we better get to foraging or building a hut so we can be "useful" here.

#37399 - 10/22/06 05:14 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Spdr, tish, surf and gohill, have you seen the latest snapshot of the new VV on the "sneak peak" thread?? Tink's seen it, and it is looking very good. It's in colour on a beach, nothing like the black/white intro snap.

Had to share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37400 - 10/22/06 06:08 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Hey Maura,

To say that I am not computer savey, is quite the understatement. Though, as you can see, did achieve a different colored font. JUST got through looking at the VV2 screen shot and am happy with it. Now, IF ... ALL... the VV2 villagers look HUMAN... I will be very happy indeed. I hate to be so shallow, well, in defense, they are NOT human - just characters.. but some of those men/boys on VV1... yuck. There were some interesting looking girls as well, but none that made me want to hurl. Have not checked the aging villagers post yet, decided to reply to this post first. I also want to check out the poems... was HOPING you would post your's and happy to hear you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like many of the VV regulars are here. Still feel sorry for any lost soul who didn't think to check the g.d. RA board.

I've read some posts on here and, wow, I'm not sure we have anything to add. Except our humor and WONDERFUL personlities... Read one where the person finished the puzzles (except for the special fish) withOUT the 3rd level of farming...on the HARD level no less. Makes me a nervous wreck just thinking about trying. The men in white coats might not end up being a joke. I know I can do the puzzles with 14 adults, but NO fishing... hands are seriously starting to sweat.

Oh... you're ORIGINAL message.. saw the snapshot... and SO ready for VV2!!!!!!!!!!!

#37401 - 10/23/06 01:08 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Laura78 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Oklahoma
I kept meaning to say welcome to all the new arrivals from RA. I hope you like it here with us. Welcome to the party!

#37402 - 10/23/06 10:20 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
skyerochelle Offline

Loc: San Antonio, Tx
The problemn at RA is with Big Fish games not with LDW in particular. I contacted RA about it. They reassured me that it was not LDW but Big Fish games that was the problem. They are hoping to get LDW games back up ASAP and the forums that go with them.

I too was diappointed because I had not purchased Fish Tycoon from them yet.

#37403 - 10/23/06 10:23 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

In all honesty i would think it would be better to be on the forum of the company that created the game, not a redistributer. I mean if you think about it, any game updates, mods, guides, etc are going to be posted here more than likely before anywhere else. Especially offical patches, updates, and game info.

#37404 - 10/23/06 01:18 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
graceworks2 Offline
Expert

Hey
Sorry I haven't been posting. I have been reading the posts on my cell via email tho. I have been having really bad connection problems in the last few days. Being out in the country, we get our High Speed via radio tower. The tech is new and full of bugs! AND it's FOG Season here in the Pacific NW USA. Fog tends to cover up the radio signal...

Anyway... Hello Tink! And Brown- so this is where you have been all along? I emailed Kriis and she is in the middle of an unexpected move. She will be along when she gets a chance. Unfortunately since the RA message board was deleted, when you search for people using their previous posts... well alot of them only posted on VV so their posts are all gone and I can't figure out how to get to the profiles without a post... grrr

Once again, I want to thank all of the LDW natives for welcoming us into your village. Kinda like getting an "event" huh?
Quote:

A Large group of villagers from another island are anchored just off shore. Would you like to A ) invite them in or B ) sink their boat?

We are all glad you chose A !

#37405 - 10/23/06 03:42 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

I also want to take this time to thank all LDW natives for their hospitality!!!!!! Please don't take us TOO seriously, we certainly don't take ourselves serious.. most of the time. VERY pleased to see that many of the posters here have a wonderful sense of humor. Enough things in the real-world cause grief, nice to escape here, smile, and take a load off.

#37406 - 10/23/06 03:44 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

I know exactly what you mean, I think I'm addicted to the forum just as much as I'm addicted to VV!

#37407 - 10/23/06 04:08 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

Cass, look at the bright side ldw won't yank this board. I don't think I can handle moving twice. Maura would have to send me a case of wine.

#37408 - 10/23/06 04:19 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Cass Offline
Consigliere

lol, I'm so thankful for that cause if this one got canned the next place sure would be getting A LOT of refugees!

#37409 - 10/23/06 05:27 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Cass and drought,

Can you imagine the next place getting ALL of us?!?! Wine may not be all we... or they.... would need. Keep that sense of humor, it's CRITICAL.

As for what Village Monk said... when you're playing on a given site, in our case: RA, the link to the message board is right there. Never occured to me to come here. Didn't even know there was a "here" to come to. Realized, MUCH later on, there was an ldw site but by then, was so used to posting on that board, it was habit. It DOES make sense to see what the makers of the game have online.. but, I'm personally lazy, I liked where I was, "knew" some of the posters and was comfortable.

It's wonderful of the ldw group to welcome us.... if there is some resentment to the invasion, am hopeful that, over time, that will ease up. Do know, of those that have posted, there is not one who means any harm. If feelings have been hurt, it was NOT intentional. We come in peace.

#37410 - 10/23/06 05:29 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

Thank goodness c***n hasn't found us. Right Grace.

Edited by drought7 (10/23/06 06:30 PM)

#37411 - 10/23/06 06:18 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
graceworks2 Offline
Expert

shhhhhhh! hahaha You better edit that to "some people"!

#37412 - 10/23/06 06:55 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Wine, did I hear someone mention wine?? Haha, hello gohill, cass and drought!! I am an absolute wreck at the moment....and yes, am actually having a glass as we speak (don't forget the time difference, it's almost 11 at night here, haha!)

I have just posted every single idea I've ever had (and probably duplicated) for the VV2 game on the "wish list" thread. Well, it's not called that it's called something else, submissions, or something.

I started making a list yesterday, as my other half is away on business (boo hoo!) and one of my dogs was pretty sick. So I just started typing and couldn't stop. I posted 4 separate pages of posts, how crazy am I??? And no, you don't have to answer that, haha!!

And again thanks to everyone for the welcome!!

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37413 - 10/23/06 06:56 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Where's Jer, by the way, haven't seen much of him since the big move??

Maura

#37414 - 10/23/06 07:44 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
BROWN6084 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
Quote:

I know exactly what you mean, I think I'm addicted to the forum just as much as I'm addicted to VV!

Your not alone.....

#37415 - 10/24/06 12:04 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
SpdrGrl Offline

Hey, gohill! How are you doing? Yes, I've read up on the deal with RA. They just totally kicked us all to the curb. Left us out in the cold with no where to go. Luckily, everyone here seems to have accepted all of us refugees. And I have seen the new sneak peak of VV2. I can't wait till it comes out. I check on the Preview page almost every day and hope there has been more progress made on the game but that stupid bar seems like it is stuck at 65% I'm thinking "What happened? Someone go on vacation or something?". Since the game is due out this winter, I wonder which month it will come out. Because winter lasts all the way to March 21. If I have to wait that long, I know the men in the white jackets will have gotten me by then! Ha! Ha! And I am the only one who has been accessing the message boards. My grandchildren just worry about playing the game. I told my grandaughter about the Halloween "code" or whatever it is. She said she wants me to set it up so she can see how it looks. I told her I'll try to do it one day this week so she can see it next weekend.
Talk to you later. I'll be checking in from time to time to see if anything interesting pops up. I just hope some of the others from RA who had stories and poems posted had copies so they can post on this site. I know the one about the fashion show was cute. And the recent poem about the GC kind of made me feel a little sad for him. But he is still a pain at times!

#37416 - 10/24/06 05:40 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Tinkertoy63 Offline

Loc: Rochelle, IL USA
Yeah I heard from Grace Y'all was worried about me!!! LOL!!
The reason it took so long was that the raft I built (yeah, I read that part!! LOL!!)had some issues with Lake Michigan (I was in Michigan, watching my son's last footballgame). I finally got to the ocean , and then my raft stared falling apart and I got here by the skin of my teeth. So here I am, confused as all hades. Thanks for all your concerns. Yes,I'm moving to Missouri, but I'm having problems getting there,
God Bless, Friends!!

#37417 - 10/24/06 01:29 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
biddy Offline
Consigliere

You are all very welcome here and hope that even if /when RA let you back you will still visit us and add your considerable wisdom and research to the forums.

#37418 - 10/24/06 03:03 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Under Village Monk's post for Thanksgiving mod - he also said he wrote out a 46 page guide to the VV game (hints, tips, etc from himself and other posters). My point to this, biddysauras, is that I find it difficult to believe there is much, if any, wisdom left to share in regards to this game. NOW... if you're talking about wisdom in regards to life itself.... hmmmmmmmmm.... nope, can't say I can add much, if anything, to that either.

#37419 - 10/24/06 03:09 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Well, hello Tink! Finally "rafted" over to us, haha!!

I feel a little like a VV "kiddie", dashing around the forum, reading old threads, getting used to new "faces"!!

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

I'm feeling decidely silly this evening for some reason. Well my dog is much better, TG, but my other half is still away, but, hey ho, that means a little more time on the forum, there's an upside to the downside, haha!!

Best of Irish,
Maura

P.S. Tink, I've sent you a little PM! Just getting the hang of the gadgets on this forum, haha!

#37420 - 10/24/06 04:54 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
biddy Offline
Consigliere

You do have a lot of wisdom and research to add to our forums though - I read some of your (and the others) posts on RA. And anyway it is always good to hear different views from other people about this (very very) addictive game.

Arthur, Barbara or Carla if you are reading this PLEASE hurry up and let us have VV2 I will even get on my knees and beg you!!!!! Or even come and brew up and clean for you all so that you can just be like our researchers with their noses dragged back to the table all the time.

#37421 - 10/25/06 03:03 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Hey biddy,

I do have an obssesive personality and have a tendency to count and can work with my villagers for consequtive hours having them do repetitive tasks without realizing how much time I've sat here doing it.

I took the time to read Village Monk's guide. It was somewhat different than what I thought it would be. If there really are 15,000 odd posts on here... well, I'm just not going to read them all. The main thing is, I don't want to step on ldw toes (or RA refugee toes) by writing things that have already been written. True, I've done experiments and research, but this game appeals to addictive/obssesive personalities (AND people who are NOT encumbered with these). My point being, I'm not the only person who counts, or who will stay glued on a villager/s for hours at a time. I "can" write what I've found out, BUT... hasn't it already been written on here SOMEwhere??? NOW... I DID write my experience with the majical fruit on the aging topic. And am still playing with a couple of games to find out if the age stat does or does not correlate to the actual age when I see a villager walking(crawling) around and then die. Have only had 21 villagers die in the one game (none in the other - too early) and so far, I have witnessed their death's and the tombstone and stats are correct. On RA, the question was: after the first 50 headstones... are the true ages of your villagers when they die (the last time you saw them alive) reflected in the stats - or exaggerated. We suspect it is exaggerated. The oldest villager I've ever seen walking around was 83, the stat says 83, and so does the tombstone -so far, everything is on the mark. Since I pause my games so I can be here watching, it's going to take time for 50 villagers to die. Jer had several games going that he did NOT put on pause to test our theory, but we haven't heard from Jer. Once I find out something worth posting, it'll be on the aging post. Not exactly, wisdom, (in my book...hahaha)... but apparently interesting enough for some of us to keep track of.

#37422 - 10/25/06 03:58 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Hi gohill and everyone!

I sent another e-mail to RA, got a reply back stating that they are trying hard to resolve this issue and will keep me updated.

And I'll keep hounding them....

WHERE'S JER AND JIMMYNEXUS????? MISSING THE TAG LINES AND FONT OF KNOWLEDGE OF BOTH GENTLEMEN!!!

Please dip your toes again in the LDW lagoon, haha!!

Best of Irish,

Maura

P.S. Carla/Barbara, any chance you could "sticky tack" this thread??

#37423 - 10/25/06 04:01 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Unicorn

This thread is doing a fine job of staying at the top without my help!

#37424 - 10/25/06 05:26 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Yes, you're right Barbara. I saw it drifting down the board a bit last night and maybe "paniced" a bit, sorry.

Anyway,

I FINALLY posted a snapshot!!! Grace, you'd be proud, it's, dare I say it myself, a good one!!!!

Had to share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37425 - 10/25/06 05:41 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
drought7 Offline
Trainee

You panic. hahahaha

#37426 - 10/25/06 05:53 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Hi Gohill, thanks for the reply, what did you find out about the magic fruit and ageing? (or any other 'refugees')
I asked if it had any special properties before and didn't really get an answer - just that it is like the mushies and you have to take peeps there.
Have any of you found out if it can help keep elderly going longer?
I just play the game - and though I keep a record of likes, dislikes, names and ages (and who gave birth to who) I really don't have the time to be totally obsessional about it. I like to try out new strategies also and set myself targets for each game (now on my ?25th)
SO please keep posting any info that you think may interest us that have not seen all your posts before - or even those that have seen them !!!!
And thanks for my shortened nickname -long time since I was called it (my school days)

#37427 - 10/26/06 12:47 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Dear biddy,

Instead of rewriting everything on aging and the fruit, please read posts on "Contains Spoilers..how old was your oldest villager". It's not really that long of a thread and think mine are more towards the end, maybe middle. Still, the whole thread is interesting in and of itself.

The thing about a theory... all it takes is ONE incident to the contrary to dissprove it. I took ONE villager, for FOUR hours - it did not increase the villager's lifespan, did not hold off on the term "elderly", and at 66, the villager started the sloooooooow step. Having said that.. I find myself grabbing elderly villagers, have them eat the fruit and enjoy the lagoon... just because they are elderly. Kinda dumb really, it's not like the characters are real, no matter what the computer says they "feel", they don't FEEL anything...*I* feel better about myself when I give them a break. I want them to retire and since they are not programmed to retire, I want them to do something else besides work. Part of the weirdness added to the long list of weirdness about me. heavy sigh

#37428 - 10/26/06 12:51 PM about the avatar change
gohill Offline
Adviser

Here's a shout out to Maura for sending me a picture of the cute little snow leopard to use as my avatar. Wish I were that cute... but, the mirror suggests otherwise. such is life

#37429 - 10/26/06 04:20 PM Re: about the avatar change
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Oh, gohill, nearly didn't recognise you in your new "dress", glad you like it! And I think you're mirror is lying, this outfit really suits you, haha!! Maybe I've missed my calling, should have been a "personal shopper", except, I hate shopping,

Drought, well, I confess, it wasn't panic exactly, just a little "fret" and even I have my moments!!!

Biddy, with a name like that, any Irish connection???

Where is grace and tink????

IF YOU ARE A VV ADDICT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AT YOUR OWN PERIL....

I came across a post about "copying" VV into a new folder and, wait for it, having 10 games to play instead of 5!!!

I tried it and it didn't work. Well, it did, but what happened was what you did in one game in the "new" file, was repeated in the original...so, no, didn't work.

I tried "splitting" and creating an orphan file, same thing.

But what occurred to me was for anyone who is an RA member, and didn't remember this, you can use your Gamepass to Shockwave.com and download VV from there!!

Had to share

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37430 - 10/26/06 05:45 PM Re: about the avatar change
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Hi Maura - Biddy is my school nickname but my father was Irish and my mother is Welsh!!! I am English but my partner was Scottish!!! I had to have a little of all of the UK in me somehow.
What part of Ireland are you from/live now?? I managed to get there a few years ago and toured through from the North to the South (in 4 days) would love to do more someday.

#37431 - 10/26/06 08:01 PM Re: about the avatar change
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Quote:

I had to have a little of all of the UK in me somehow.

Oh, Biddy, eeny, weeny, tiny, small bone to pick - Ireland hasn't been part of the UK for quite some time, haha!! OK, teasing, I know what you mean!!

You only spent 4 days in Ireland!!! Well, I suppose it means that you have a whole lot more to look forward to seeing,

I live in Mayo, the wild west, right on the coast, gorgeous!!!

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37432 - 10/27/06 06:38 AM Re: about the avatar change
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Yes I know Ireland isn't part of the UK, but yes you know what I meant!
I actually spent 2 weeks there but most of the time I was in Balina - at the top end staying with partners rellies.
We went down through Mayo and I would have loved to spend more time there but I was not driving (brother in law did that! When I have time (i.e. when my mother is too old to travel round Europe with me for the month of May) I will be taking a month to look round your beautiful country properly.

#37433 - 10/28/06 02:28 PM Re: about the avatar change
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Well Biddy, if you do manage to visit for a month, try driving down the west coast from Donegal down to Kerry and around to Cork. No question about the spectacular scenery and super music, festivals and entertainment you'll find there. Also, some great golf courses along the way, if you're into that, haha!!

And did you see on the news anywhere, that one of my favourite actors, Martin Sheen, is studying for a degree in the University of Galway, haha...now that is a super city to visit, and loads happening all the time!!

Goodness, Bord Failte (Irish Tourist Board) should pay me commission, don't you think, haha!!

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37434 - 10/28/06 04:24 PM Re: about the avatar change
biddy Offline
Consigliere

When we did our 4 day tour?! we went down the West coast through Galway and onto Cork then up through the middle back to Balina.
I loved it and want to spend more time there - especially around Kerry and also the Galway coast, fantastic scenery and the people are so friendly and helpful from what I remember, but that will be a few years away yet unless something happens to Mum!! which I obviously don't want yet - not when we enjoy our tour of Europe and each others company so much.

#37435 - 11/01/06 03:11 PM Re: about the avatar change
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

I am really missing the RA refugees. I wish grace, tinker, Jer, Jimmy, spdrgrl and everyone else who came to LDW as refugees would "swim" back......sigh

all the fun is gone.....

Slan, (Irish for goodbye)

Maura

#37436 - 11/01/06 03:51 PM Re: about the avatar change
Anji Offline
Master

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
come to think about it Maura, I have'nt notice Grace making any posts latelt - anybody know if she's alright ? On holiday maybe ? Partner threw out her PC by chance ? LOL

#37437 - 11/01/06 04:27 PM Re: about the avatar change
gohill Offline
Adviser

Last time I chatted with Grace, she was neck deep in a new "toy" on her PC. She's physically okay.. mental status? you'd have to ask her... I suspect she's become addicted to something else. She didn't mention whether she could chat on it. Poor thing, maybe in a totally new asylum with no one to share it with. oooooooooo the horror

#37438 - 11/01/06 04:41 PM Re: about the avatar change
Anji Offline
Master

Well..they say the insane live in a wee world all their own LOL !! Never mind I'm sure she'll be back soon, nothing, but nothing can make one laugh as much as this place !! If you did't laugh you'd have to cry and I do believe thats forbidden

#37439 - 11/01/06 04:57 PM Come to think of it
gohill Offline
Adviser

Maybe THAT'S why I like V V so much...no crying. I am NOT suggesting that crying be added to the behaviors. They do approach others "telling a joke" .. close enough for "laughing" ... works for me!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW... what happened to the sense of humor on these threads??? Some here and there, but overall - pretty sparse. More people need to join the VV Insane Asylum, we're always open to new members. Maura's got plenty of wine to share, and if Anji and drought can't get you (at least) smiling... come on.. lighten up.

#37440 - 11/02/06 09:04 AM Re: Come to think of it
Anji Offline
Master

I wonder when the guard is smuggling in her next shipment of wine cause I am in need of a stiff one and its only 5 past midday !!

#37441 - 11/02/06 08:38 PM Re: Come to think of it
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Please may I join your asylum? I think I merit it - am addicted to VV and can't wait till VV2 comes out, I have to check my people every time I finish work and also get up in the night to check that they are all right!!!
I also miss Grace's messages and hope she is OK - obviously don't know her like you all do but feel that she is a friend!!! She did bring you all over here to entertain and educate us

#37442 - 11/02/06 08:39 PM Re: Come to think of it
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Sorry Anji I know that you were not one of RA refugees but I only seem to have noticed your posts at the time they came over to join us - and would be very sorry to lose any of you.
You keep me smiling too much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37443 - 11/03/06 03:35 AM Re: about the avatar change
SpdrGrl Offline

I'm still here, maura. I have been down with a cold and not feeling too well. I have been looking in on the forums from time to time. I haven't been feeling up to being on the computer too long, just been checking to see what everyone is up to. This cold has really gotten me down. I was sleeping a lot. No energy. But I'm getting back on my feet and feeling somewhat better. I know what would really make me feel better. If they can hurry up with VV2!! Now that would really pep me up! I know they are talking about a winter release but it would be nice if things could go just a little teensy weensy faster and come out a little earlier. I got another gamepass credit with RA but they don't have VV2! Someone may as well put the straight jacket on me because I don't know how much longer I can wait before I totally lose it!

#37444 - 11/03/06 07:06 AM Re: Come to think of it
Anji Offline
Master

Hi Biddy, no I'm not an RA refugee although I have gamepass and did first find VV on RA. It was too long to wait until my next credit and I wanted the game on my puter "proper" so found LDW and bought it from them. That was how I found the forum. It is just coincidence I joined around about the same time.
You would be very welcome to join us in the "Asylum" although it looks like we will have to curtail it somewhat and stick solely to VV subjects. Thats life I guess, Big Brother is ALWAYS watching, I just wish we could all be ourselves. Thats the rules though so its that or nothing !
Anyway Biddy, they're cleaning out your cell as we speak Welcome !!

#37445 - 11/03/06 02:09 PM Re: Come to think of it
gohill Offline
Adviser

My question to you, biddy, is: do you want the plush purple walled "resorts" that Maura has in Ireland? or... the white walls we get in the states? hmmm... Anji has not informed us of her surroundings in Scotland. And Great Britain might hold luxury accomadations as well. Now, if you sit there and describe how WONDERFUL your room is... I'm gonna get JEALOUS and .... we don't want that... DO we?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA. Ya just never know when they'll let me out of this straight jacket... and if they get stingy on my "nice" medication... watch your back.

To anyone reading this who might, for however brief a second, think I 'might' be serious.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! No matter how nice other people's room are.. sniff sniff...I'm... sniff sniff...not ... sniff sniff...going to...sniff sniff... harm them... SOB!!!!!!!

PASS THE WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37446 - 11/03/06 02:21 PM Re: Come to think of it
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Quote:

To anyone reading this who might, for however brief a second, think I 'might' be serious.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! No matter how nice other people's room are.. sniff sniff...I'm... sniff sniff...not ... sniff sniff...going to...sniff sniff... harm them... SOB!!!!!!!

PASS THE WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like u have enough "Wine" for all of us!

hehehe

#37447 - 11/03/06 02:22 PM Re: Come to think of it
Anji Offline
Master

Well actually gohill, mine is very basic. So basic in fact I just have pics of everything and that includes the bed ! The rotters have even pasted one of a mouse at the bottom of the wall. I guess when I came in I was just borderline so they have decided to make sure I beccome a fully fledged member. Its not so bad except for the pic of a computer on the bedside cabinet. Now THAT really has driven me insane. They have even made sure the monitor is showing VV !! Now how cruel is that !! I have also heard a small voice in the middle of the night chanting VV2, VV2, VV2............. that wouldn't be you by any chance ?? If not does anybody else own up to it ?? If its the guards I just don't know what I'm going to do

#37448 - 11/03/06 02:29 PM Re: Come to think of it
Anji Offline
Master

Oh the wine flows freely in here !! Maura, bless her cotton socks, has jammed the tap on the barrel and we can all just help ourselves. I'm casting no aspertions, but with a name like yours shouldn't you be in here too ?? Mind you, the only men we've seen in ages are guards so watch yourself !!
You may just get jumped upon !! LOL !!

#37449 - 11/03/06 03:14 PM Re: Come to think of it
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Who said I'm not? But I did happen to steal some keys from a guard, so I roam freely.

#37450 - 11/03/06 03:20 PM Re: Come to think of it
Anji Offline
Master

Hey Girls, did you see that - there's a man roaming about freely and he's not a guard !!

#37451 - 11/03/06 03:35 PM Re: Come to think of it
drought7 Offline
Trainee

hehe.Who do you think he'll free first. I'm sure he can't distinguish our voices. But I'll give it a try. " VI, VI , VI, here I'm am, free me first. If you let Anji go she'll stop writing her poems & forget about us. I hear you I'm over here. No not that door the next one."

#37452 - 11/03/06 03:51 PM Re: Come to think of it
Anji Offline
Master

You Traitor Drought !!!!

#37453 - 11/03/06 04:22 PM Re: Come to think of it
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

(VI becomes completely confuse...there are voices calling out everywhere.......which door should i chose.......this one?.......or maybe this one...........from the sound of it, I think I'm safer back in my room......I'll go back and think this one over.)

#37454 - 11/03/06 04:37 PM Re: Come to think of it
gohill Offline
Adviser

Sounds like u have enough "Wine" for all of us!

hehehe

Leave it to a MAN to be such an insensitive brute. I'll get you my pretty... and you're little dog, too. Or mole... hey, did you keep that mole????

I imagine the mole is walking the halls with you? And you have KEYS. Course, the MAN, would get the keys. Our guards being MALES - they felt sorry for you being stuck in here with "lunatic" women. On the other hand, my hubby guard would not be sympathetic to your plight. He, being utterly clueless to the subtlties and complexities one can find themselves immersed in with this game. Whatever, it's wrong to speak ill of the dead... oh... did I say he was dead... I mean, out of town. Slip of the tongue.

I AM curious what you did with that mole!!!!!

#37455 - 11/03/06 04:44 PM Re: Come to think of it
Unicorn

It was Village_Monk who had the mole (in PA). I doubt that it traveled to Indiana to hang out with Warren.

#37456 - 11/03/06 05:04 PM Re: Come to think of it
gohill Offline
Adviser

OHHHHHHHH ANJI!!!!!!!!!! How HORRIBLE... are you SURE it's not just a nightmare?!?!?!? Speaking of which, I have actually DREAMED about this game and REMEMBER the dream. THAT'S scary.

As a matter of fact, I HAVE been chanting V V TWOOOOOO. The "nice" medication helps but with reading where Arthur and Carla have been working and that THEY have been having fun with developing V V2. Life is NOT fair!!! If I could JUST get out of this straight jacket... MONK!!! WHERE are you???? Remember the part about "love" and how you try to live by that???? MERCY!!!!!! I'll repent calling you a name (male being a four-letter word). We can NOT let Anji stay in a room that is so awful. We need to at least redecorate it for her... Maura will bring the wine (as opposed to whine.. clearing throat)... hmmmm, since I'm from Texas... I know, I'll bring the longhorn steer. That should be a treat, when she gets tired of it, we can all come over for steaks. Just watch where we step and it'll be fine. Depending on how long it lives, the smell might be a little overpowering but in an insane asylum... that's par for the course. A few gas masks... hey... PARTY!!!

#37457 - 11/03/06 05:10 PM Re: Come to think of it
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Quote:

Or mole... hey, did you keep that mole????

Yep, that was VM. If it was me, the mole would have not lived!

#37458 - 11/03/06 06:29 PM Re: Come to think of it
gohill Offline
Adviser

SEEEEEEEE.... did I not say I NEEDED the name Village Idiot?!?!?! Between the "monk" and the "idiot"... I'm soooooooooo confused. If I KNEW which way I came in, I'd love for someone to show me the way out. Not only did I mix it up here, I mixed it up in reference to who had the keys in getting out of the insane asylum. Why bother getting me out!!!!!! They'll just throw me back in!!!!!!!

Sooo... really important stuff here... did VM keep the mole???

#37459 - 11/03/06 06:35 PM Re: Come to think of it
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Nope, he said he got rid of it the day he caught it. He said somthing about lunch.....

#37460 - 11/03/06 06:47 PM Re: Come to think of it
gohill Offline
Adviser

Nooooooooo.... (I realize he didn't eat it - hahahaha). Was kinda hoping he would keep it "just because". He could have held a contest for naming it. Nothing comes to my mind (what there is left of it) but with the imagination in this forum... bound to have been some good ones. heavy sigh

#37461 - 11/03/06 06:50 PM Re: Come to think of it
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

for moles, I always like the thame Holie Molie!

#37462 - 11/03/06 06:54 PM Re: Come to think of it
gohill Offline
Adviser

HAHAHAHAHAHA..... yep, you belong in the V V asylum with the rest of us. That's a GREAT name!!!!!! And if Monk HAD kept it, he could have put a little robe on it.

#37463 - 11/03/06 09:02 PM Re: Longhorn Steer??
Anji Offline
Master

Emmmm, not too sure about the steer Gohill, but the steaks sound fabulous!! Is there any chance you could keep the pelt for me. It would soften up the floor a bit in my sleeping space. Redecorating ?? Ooooooh what have I done to deserve that?? I would love white fox fur (fake of course LOL) on the lower half of the wall then I could stroke it and pretend my dog was there with me. Red velveteen above that and oh oh oh a midnight blue ceiling with lots of twinkly stars!!

#37464 - 11/03/06 09:59 PM Re: Longhorn Steer??
gohill Offline
Adviser

Steaks do sound good, not from a longhorn though... I'll see what I can do about bribing a restaurant for some prime beef. I know you want the pelt, would you like the long horns to go with it? You can use them as a coat rack. PRETEND your dog is there?? Why don't I just bring the dog? (by the way, how is Bonnie? Is she working out with your neighbor?).

Moving right along... huh... RED velveteen, WHITE fur, BLUE sky... red, white, & blue (with STARS no less). You ARE from Scotland, right? Why don't I just bring one of our flags... hahahahaha. Could just bring a Republic of Texas flag (also red, white and blue... but only one star - it's BIG, it could work). Hang that from the ceiling to remind you that someone from Texas is thinking of you. And we all say: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Personally, I was thinking of a nice fluffy mattress, lots of pillows, some plants (you DO have a window, don't you?) Even here, you have a window so you can look out and watch the world go by. I guess it's suppose to be some kind of incentive to leave the room and be IN the world. "They" don't know who they are messing with... JOIN the world.. who's insane?? Assume the correct yoga position and chant with me: v v twoooooooooo .... v v twooooooooo. Remember to breathe...

Which brings me to another subject. HOW do you forget to breathe? Remember to breathe correctly, okay I got it... but to simply BREATHE... once again, WHO needs locking up? That's one of the AUTOMATIC things you're body does, it doesn't forget to do it. Unless there are some drastic medical reasons but that's really off the subject.

WHERE was I??? Oh yes... chanting. OHHHHHHHH... just remembered, Maura said something about aromatherapy.. some CANDLES, celtic music. I can do without the bagpipes but LOVE the harps!!!! Got PLENTY of that..oh oh oh... and have some miniture water falls... ahhhhhhh, THIS is the life. scoot over would ya... phooey, this is YOUR room... "They" do say, give a gift that you, yourself, would like. Are you SURE you don't want a fluffy mattress to go with that pelt?!?!?!

#37465 - 11/04/06 05:36 AM Re: Longhorn Steer??
Anji Offline
Master

Oh Wow, I'll NEVER get out of bed then !!Fluffy mattress, my dog, floaty music and dreamy medicine............ oh yea !! You can just leave the pic of the mouse though.... thats about as far as I want to go with that one though LOL !! I never realised about the US connotation though LOL !! It must be living with all you lot that's doing it, I'm beginning to forget my roots or else being the only one from BONNIE SCOTLAND I was just TOO homesick. Surely there is somebody else in Scotland who plays and is addicted to VV !! We are not a stupid race of people and I've never been unique at ANYTHING in my life LOL !!
When you are done redecorating I could always astral travel through the wall and visit you all in person.......of course I won't be able to speak,,,,,,, but maybe thats a good thing eh ?? !!

#37466 - 11/04/06 06:06 AM Re: Longhorn Steer??
Anji Offline
Master

Have suggested that we move all asylum conversations to that thread......... everybody OK with that ??

#37467 - 11/06/06 04:25 PM Re: Come to think of it
Anji Offline
Master

Maybe it was Super Mole LOL !!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter