Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 164 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#37391 - 10/21/06 10:45 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
SpdrGrl Offline

Loc: Missouri, USA
Ahaa!!! Thought you could sneak away, huh? I wondered where eveyone went! Of aallll the games on RA, why did they pick on VV. I haven't seen your reply yet, Maura but I'll check it out when I am done here. I'm curious as to what all the hoopla is about as far as discontinuing VV message board.
I guess I will introduce myself, also. I am married (2nd time), with 3 grown children (from 1st marriage), and 7 grandchildren. Right now I am keeping tabs on the World Series game. So far, the Cardinals are in the lead 4 to 1 against the Tigers. Go, Cards!! We call our team the "Redbirds" but I heard on the news that Detroit is calling them "Deadbirds". Well, I hope they won't have to eat "crow" when we win the Series!!

#37392 - 10/21/06 11:36 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
tishka Offline

Hello, My name is tish and Im a virtualholic. Refuse to take the steps to end the addiction, however am open to suggestions to ease my pain with that, um, villagers two thingee -- please - send more villagers now - boo to RA - shud have jumped over here sooner, but who knew??? Hopefully there will be a kiss and make up sessions and I can have it all!!!! Yes Im a baby boomer, how could you tell???? Was that -have it all- a dead giveaway????(smiles)

#37393 - 10/22/06 02:47 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
BROWN6084 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
I'm so happy to see most of my favorites from RA's forum have made it over here. The only reason I still checked over at RA was to read your posts and sometimes add my own 2 cents. But honestly I think it's cool your all over here now, sharing all of your insight with the people that created the game. The response here is awesome and you won't have to go days to hear a reply, there is always a well-knowledged moderator or the The Village Idiot to give you a quick response.
Welcome everyone!!!!!!

#37394 - 10/22/06 03:42 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
Hello Grace

#37395 - 10/22/06 11:30 AM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Surfmistress Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi everyone! I'm new to the game - only about 5 days under my belt - and TOTALLY addicted, LOL.

I had gotten the demo from RA and got hooked, so bought it thru them. Read the forums there a couple of times to get a little help and went back to my own little island. Got stuck on a puzzle and went back for help again....couldn't find the forum or the game anymore. Was beginning to think I'd lost my mind or something, lol.

I'm not sure which of the RA regulars posted the link that brought me here, but thank you so much for doing it! Now I won't have to tear my hair out alone ;-)

Angel

#37396 - 10/22/06 03:25 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Tinkertoy63 Offline

Loc: Rochelle, IL USA
Hey, Grace!!!
Thanks for the heads up!!! I'm Tinkertoy63, also a RA refugee. I'm from Rochelle, Illinois, (Rail Road City of the world), I'm 43 til January 9. I'm disabled, an ex-hairstylist, and a mother of one son. i'm REALLY confused about what has happened. Has RA lost their minds???

#37397 - 10/22/06 04:34 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland
Heloooooooo Tink!! Glad you surfaced! Yes, we're all a bit "dazed and confused" since the RA fiasco, but hopefully, settling into our new home!!

Well, surf, now don't go tearing your hair out, it's not worth it, even though a leading cosmetic/hair company says you are!!

Gohill, I hate to tell you this, but your post isn't green! I figured out my error, and I'm hardly an expert navigating this site, but if you want to use a colour font, select your colour and type between the two brackets (colour:) and (/colour)...we spell colour with a "u" over here, haha! Also, one other little tip if you haven't discovered it yet, when you select a thread to view, scroll down to bottom of page and under quick reply there is a thread box. When you click that, you can view posts as a thread view as in Real Arcade, very good, haha!!

Jer and gohill, I bumped the post called "the oldest villager" for you to cast your eagle eyes over, any thoughts??

Oh, and I posted two poems on the poetry thread. One is the only thing I salvaged from RA forum, the Letter to Arthur thread, and yes, I know some of you don't agree with the sentiments expressed in that, haha!! The other is a short, funny (hopefully) and a little naughty poem (which I've just discovered has been slightly censored, haha!!), hope you enjoy them!!

Had to share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37398 - 10/22/06 04:35 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Hey GRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Ah HA! Yourself!!!! It's about TIME you showed up!!!!!! Imagine by now, you've read this thread and the one Arthur put up about RA cancelling VV and FT (attempting to keep my opinions about this to myself... trying....trying.... AHHHHHHHHHH... banging head against desk... confused... where was I?... who am I??) Bet your grandson was also not too pleased with the loss of the RA board. Been trying to get a hang of all these new gadgets and things... Like how to change the font color - hope it works this time.. this is also a test (of the emergency broadcast system, if this had been a REAL emergency..blah, blah, blah) All I've read from previous inhabitates of this island, they seem to be VERY nice and welcoming... I think they are going to let us stay. Guess we better get to foraging or building a hut so we can be "useful" here.

#37399 - 10/22/06 05:14 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland
Spdr, tish, surf and gohill, have you seen the latest snapshot of the new VV on the "sneak peak" thread?? Tink's seen it, and it is looking very good. It's in colour on a beach, nothing like the black/white intro snap.

Had to share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#37400 - 10/22/06 06:08 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Hey Maura,

To say that I am not computer savey, is quite the understatement. Though, as you can see, did achieve a different colored font. JUST got through looking at the VV2 screen shot and am happy with it. Now, IF ... ALL... the VV2 villagers look HUMAN... I will be very happy indeed. I hate to be so shallow, well, in defense, they are NOT human - just characters.. but some of those men/boys on VV1... yuck. There were some interesting looking girls as well, but none that made me want to hurl. Have not checked the aging villagers post yet, decided to reply to this post first. I also want to check out the poems... was HOPING you would post your's and happy to hear you did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like many of the VV regulars are here. Still feel sorry for any lost soul who didn't think to check the g.d. RA board.

I've read some posts on here and, wow, I'm not sure we have anything to add. Except our humor and WONDERFUL personlities... Read one where the person finished the puzzles (except for the special fish) withOUT the 3rd level of farming...on the HARD level no less. Makes me a nervous wreck just thinking about trying. The men in white coats might not end up being a joke. I know I can do the puzzles with 14 adults, but NO fishing... hands are seriously starting to sweat.

Oh... you're ORIGINAL message.. saw the snapshot... and SO ready for VV2!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter