Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#37371 - 10/20/06 06:31 PM A chance that RA will restore the VV forums?
Jer Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Mexico
So they may be considering putting the board back up, huh? Sure wud be nice, since much of the information there is not easy to replace. Like, some of the results of my testing... I still have my original notes but the actual results were mostly on the board, not in my notes.

And, the way things were organized there was a bit different... no better than this board I guess, after we get used to it... but at my age, I am not easy to change! LOL

Jer

Psychic Convention cancelled due to unforeseen problems.

#37372 - 10/20/06 06:36 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
HAHAHAHAHA.... found it. CUTE!!!!!! Phooey... all this time I've been blaming Arthur and co. - not wanting to be the adult and take responsibility for the unthinkable amount of time I've sat here throwing villager after villager into the cactus/berry bush/research table/boulders etc. forcing them to learn various skills. This would be all well and good if I didn't have a Bear who likes to be fed.... bear being my husband. He seems to think that something called "a life" exists outside of this game.. I beg to differ... needless to say, we disagree on the importance of this game. I have yet to tell him there is a sequel... that should go over like a lead ballon. HAHAHAHA... oh man, he may pull the plug on me. Considering my emotional status when I realized RA no longer had the VV message board... this may not be pretty.

And GRACE.... WHERE IS TINK?!?!?!?!?! She's out there in the cold cruel world... all alone.... sniff, sniff

#37373 - 10/20/06 06:41 PM Re: Age question
Jer Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Mexico
My 4 test villages are still plugging along.... nearing completion, actually..... one of them "finished". That is, all puzzles complete including the GC ones, and after 93 hours of play (I left them all running, puter up) there is no sign of any age problems of the sort we are looking for, with older age stats than possible due to real time elapsed.

I intend to keep these going, but perhaps with less attention paid, after "completion" at least until the graveyard is filled, when it will be more difficult to do the checking required.

Jer

All those who believe in telekinesis please raise my hand.

#37374 - 10/20/06 07:24 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

Hey Maura, I'm being emotional and "worried" about Tink. I know she had an email address on her RA profile but never emailed her - preferred to share my rantings with the whole class. Was hoping you, Grace, or SOMEone from RA had captured her email address so she would know where we are. She might have moved on to another game, I thought about it myself but kept looking for ya'll. Ya'll being a good 'ole Texan way of saying all of you. At least I haven't resorted to saying "fixin to".

It's nice here but do hope RA reinstates that message board. Everyone has been so nice to welcome us.. but, we're missing too many. And if RA doesn't reinstate that board, I wonder if we'll ever hear from them again.

Surely they didn't believe the rumors about their being "a life" out there (and stop calling me Shirly). NOOOOOOOOO say it isn't so.. Lassie, come home!!!!!

Don't know about you Maura, but I'm still "bewildered and confused". sniff, sniff ... I want my blankie and pillow.

#37375 - 10/20/06 07:31 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

Ya'll being a good 'ole Texan way of saying all of you. At least I haven't resorted to saying "fixin to".

Hey, there's nothing wrong with either of those - I'm from Alabama, and we use those fairly frequently.

#37376 - 10/20/06 07:51 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

I agree . Just that I dated a Yankee once who teased me to death about "fixin to" and broke me of the habit.

#37377 - 10/20/06 08:05 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

I agree . Just that I dated a Yankee once who teased me to death about "fixin to" and broke me of the habit.

I don't much use "y'all," but I'm not sure I could let go of "fixin to"

#37378 - 10/20/06 08:10 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
JimmyNexus Offline

Whassup? Jimmy's in the hut...

Just took me a while to get here. Was tryin' to build a boat, but found out it wasn't possible. So I had to swim here.

#37379 - 10/20/06 08:45 PM Re: A chance that RA will restore the VV forums?
gohill Offline
Adviser

Hey Jer, I'm with you about age and change... For ex: I "thought" I had put an image under my name on this board... whatever. There are cool graphics and stuff, I don't get how to use them. I learn what I need to learn about the computer and to heck with the rest. Old school: if it's not broken, don't fix it. Sometimes, less is more.

Not ignoring all you wrote about your current research. Kinda hard to find it on here. And when I think I'm replying to a particular message...nope. I'll figure it out, the other was familar and "think" I knew what I was doing. That's up for debate but it's my opinion and sticking with it.

No one has said whether they've been able to get ahold of Tink or not. heavy sigh Still feel like I got the wind knocked out of my sails and paused my games. Last time I checked, the 71 yr old had turned 72 and the twins "Dawn" & "Dusk" were born. The other two sets of twins did exactly what I thought they would do. "Salt" (1st twin)became a master doc before becoming a master farmer - "Pepper" (2nd twin) did just the opposite. "Nickel" (1st twin) became a master farmer before becoming a master doc while "Dime" (2nd twin) did just the opposite as well.

Kinda surprised you chose to do the puzzles. hmmm... got another game going on 1/2 speed - might just put on 2x speed, only do farming and healing, not do the rest of the puzzles, just get 3rd level of farming and see what happens. Without the 3rd level of medicine, they "should" die in their 60's or before. Okay... I'm curious again. I miss Tink and the others who haven't found their way here. Getting sentimental in my "old" age.

#37380 - 10/20/06 08:57 PM Re: Well . . . Hello, I'm a refugee from RA!
gohill Offline
Adviser

JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tears falling from eyes.... YOU'RE HERE!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO glad to "see" you!!!!!!!!! I think you are really going to like it here... all kinds of gadgets to mess with... right up your alley. Now, if you'll tell me how to use this stupid machine - just keep throwing me into (mind the wires would ya) - I "might" be able to figure out how to get an image under my username. I tried "edit" on the profile, didn't take. And what does UBB mean anyway?? And what's a Graemlin?? Another name for "smiley" pictures?? Code... yeah, I've got your code. Signature to post... WHAT?!?!?!

Hey... did you happen to see Tink while you were swimming over here?!?!?!

Page 5 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter