I admit it, the games are great! But...
What ticked me was that on BigFish there is no mentioning whatsoever on the graphics requirements of the games.
Luckily we have more than one machine in our home so we can try different hardware and OS-es.
For example, I use my 12" G3 iBook a lot. It's an old machine but it runs nearly everything I really need. So seeing the Villagers at BigFish, I thought that it would run fine on mine. Specs listed minimum G3-400, 128Mb RAM, OSX. Much to my surprise I found it it didn't run. (See the known issues with too little NVRAM in the tech support forum).
I thought it must be something with the software or my settings (not that I can think of, but why not). At the moment I tried it, my wife had her G4 iBook with her. So I decided to send the support there an e-mail. I included all the secifications of my machine.
There was a quick reply, the contents were funny.
"We’re sorry for the trouble. If you are experiencing problems, you may need to install the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player."
My first thought was "that's odd, I haven't had any problems on any flash site lately". But to humour them I gave it a try. Sure enough, my Flash was the latest."
Being the computer nerd that I am I started to dig around and noticed the ldw extention on one of the files.
Google is my friend in those cases and I ended up here.

Hey, great community and great support. Wow, nice! You don't see that too often lately.

So here I found out that my poor little iBook couldn't run Virtual Villagers or any other games from here.
And since Apple can't upgrade the NVRAM in those iBooks (so I've been told) it's doomed to its poor little tasks of browsing the internet, reading mail, playing music and all that, but no cute games. I will have to troll the second hand Apples site to find a better iBook to replace this one. Especially since my wife doesn't want to part with hers. And yes, as soon as she came home I told her I wanted to test the game and see what it was like on hers. Wonderfull. I managed to play it for about 5 minutes before I was chased away from her laptop. Another addict was born.

So here is my plea:
Please consider us poor G3 iBook users. I know it's technically possible to run the LDW games with less graphical memory. But I also know that it will require quite a bit of changes in graphics part of the game. The upside of it being that all those people who still have and use one of these great little machines might be able to play something nice. And usually these lapops are being handed down to the kids too.

Anyway, that's what I wanted to say. I get off my soap box and play a bit on my windows machine.