Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#35594 - 09/26/06 02:26 AM Re: [MAJOR SPOILERS] Event Outcomes
Wontolla Offline
Trainee

I had the moth in a coccoon once. I helped it get out and it died. The narrator claimed that struggling to get out would have given it the strentgh to survive.
Moral: Don't mess with nature!

#35595 - 09/26/06 06:06 AM Re: The Brass Compass
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Quote:

A: The villagers use the hard, smooth device to mash the berries into a thin film that they then allow to dry into a stretchy sheet. The children enjoy them greatly, but these fruity snacks also keep well, which improves the villagers' agricultural efficiency.

IIRC, this increases everyone's farming skills.

BTW, is there a "good" outcome to the book? Both of the ones above were not.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#35596 - 09/28/06 01:45 PM Re: The Brass Compass
kristy723 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I only got the book once and chose for her to read it. She followed a path and was never seen again.

I've gotten this one several times where a VV comes across a monkey at the food bin. The choices are: Should he/she scare off the monkey or wait and see what happens. All three times I chose to wait and see. Turns out the monkey just wants a handful of berries. He gives the VV some herbs or plants to eat and he/she gains a lot of healing ability (adept doctor level). However, it sounds as if it could have negative outcomes too according to everyone's posts here.

Twice I have gotten a crate or barrel that looked like it was carefully sealed and I've opened them to get cute little toddlers. :]

I opened a badly weathered crate just once. It had a giant venomous spider than bit the villager. He was a child and survived the bite. Since then, I don't open crates in bad shape.

I'm probably too cautious for my own good.

#35597 - 09/28/06 11:49 PM Re: The Old Drum
Go_Ravens Offline
Adviser

Loc: Portland, TX
Quote:

Mazi was searching in the bushes at the edge of the village and discovered an old drum fashioned from wood and hides. It seemed like there was something inside the drum, because it was very heavy.

Option A:
=========
Cut open the drum.

Option B:
=========
Keep the drum to make music.

ANSWER:
=========
A: The drum contained journals of a master healer who lived on the island before! The pages disintegrate as they are turned. Mazi has become a master healer.

I used the drum to make music, just to see what would happen. The next orange event screen explains that the banging of the drum causes it to rain, and the berry bush is partially replenished. Not as great as cutting it open unless you're at the beginning of a game, I think.

Member, SPCV

My Fan Fiction story is "Secrets in the Sand"
I'm proud to be a full time Mom!

#35598 - 09/29/06 05:54 AM A Mysterious Crate (Small, Badly Weathered)
uberchelle Offline
Trainee

Loc: Northern California
Ponui was walking on the beach when he saw something washed up on the beach. It was a small, badly weathered crate.

OPTION A:
=========
Open it.

OPTION B:
=========
Leave it alone.

ANSWER:
=========
A: When he opens the crate, Ponui is astonished to discover a few rusty old tools and instruments. Your villagers gain 500 tech points. But several of the villagers seem to have taken ill as a result of scrapes from the tainted artifacts.

#35599 - 09/29/06 05:56 AM A Mysterious Vial (Watery, Fizzy)
uberchelle Offline
Trainee

One day Shuka was walking on the beach when she found - half buried in the sand - a mysterious vial filled with what appears to be a watery, fizzy liquid.

OPTION A:
=========
Drink the liquid.

OPTION B:
=========
Pour it out.

ANSWER:
=========
A: Shuka drinks the liquid in one gulp. Immediately, she feels somewhat confused. Shuka has lost some skill.

#35600 - 09/29/06 05:58 AM A Mysterious Crate (Small, Carefully Sealed)
uberchelle Offline
Trainee

Kaili was walking on the beach when he saw something washed up on the beach. It was a small, carefully sealed crate.

OPTION A:
=========
Open it.

OPTION B:
=========
Leave it alone.

ANSWER:
=========
A: When he opens the crate, Kaili is astonished to discover a few well presevered tools and instruments. Your villagers gain 1000 tech points.

#35601 - 09/29/06 06:00 AM A Mysterious Crate (Large, Wooden)
uberchelle Offline
Trainee

Bem was walking on the beach when he saw something washed up on the beach. It was a large, wooden crate.

OPTION A:
=========
Open it.

OPTION B:
=========
Leave it alone.

ANSWER:
=========
A: Bem is delighted to find that the crate is filled with juicy steaks. Your villagers gain 1500 food.

#35602 - 09/29/06 06:04 AM A Mysterious Crate (Well Prepared, Watertight)
uberchelle Offline
Trainee

Ahmik was walking on the beach when he saw something washed up on the beach. It was a painstakingly well prepared, watertight crate.

OPTION A:
=========
Open it.

OPTION B:
=========
Leave it alone.

ANSWER:
=========
A: When he opens the crate, Ahmik is astonished to discover a pair of giggling infants.

PERSONAL NOTE: Watertight? Seriously, if you had a wateright crate of infants wouldn't they have suffocated? Or defecated themselves a few times? Dysentery? Scurvy? That reminds me of the time I tortured a SIM and locked him up in wall that had no doors. He cried and peed himself constantly. I wanna volcano to sacrifice my unproductive villagers!!!!!

#35603 - 09/29/06 06:08 AM A Mysterious Vial (Blue Liquid #2)
uberchelle Offline
Trainee

One Day Elaku was walking on the beach, when he found - half buried in the sand - a mysterious vial filled with what appears to be a blue liquid.

OPTION A:
=========
Drink the liquid.

OPTION B:
=========
Pour it out.

ANSWER:
=========
A: Elaku drinks the strange liquid in one gulp. Immediately, he feels quite enlightened. Elaku has improved at breeding.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter