Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#119852 - 02/16/08 04:46 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: LadyCFII]
popcornlover Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Sometimes the servers are down, and we don't catch it right away. I'll have a look at them now.

Your stats haven't been removed from the leader board by anyone at LDW. There are 2 possibilities: 1) Other people have achieved higher stats than yours, and your stats are no longer high enough to appear on the list, or 2) You have been affected by a _bug_ in the stats server code that causes some people's stats to remain unchanged after a refresh, which we haven't been able to locate and fix.

ALL of my stats have been removed. I was numbers 1,2,5,6, and 13 on the leaderboard. Nobody has achieved higher stats than my top two games, so that cannot be the issue. I keep trying to re-upload my stats and am blocked.

#119855 - 02/16/08 05:18 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Originally Posted By: popcornlover
sooo... I can see my own stats within the program, but where is the leaderboard on this site? Got an URL for me?

If you scroll to the top of this (or practically any) page and look to the right. You will see the Shout Box, under that you will see the smiley's, under that you will see the leader boards for VV 1 & 2, and fish tycoon.

Although reading this thread, I went into my VV2 game and did the math. I have a tribe that is over 8000 hours old. Doing the math, it is almost a year, which is correct. I joined this forum shortly after I got the game. The only thing is that today, I refreshed my stats, and they didn't change on the leader board??? Hmmm... now that I think about it, I don't think they've changed in awhile.

#119856 - 02/16/08 05:20 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I just checked all the servers, and they are working properly. You might have a look at this answer in our Support FAQ, which lists the most common reasons for that message.

As I stated before, your stats have not been removed. If you want to provide the name of your tribes, I can verify that they are still in the stats database.

#119865 - 02/16/08 06:21 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: LadyCFII]
popcornlover Offline
Trainee

Hi, I checked the link several days ago on my own when trying to resolve it. I checked it again, now, to verify that I have tried all of the FAQ suggestions. I still cannot reupload my stats. I can upload stats from VV2 just fine, but my VV1 stats are gone.

The tribe names are:

Ellen
Ellen2
science is golden
anything goes
Ellen3

A few days ago these ranked 1st 2nd, 4th or 5th, 6th, and 13th

Edited by popcornlover (02/16/08 07:03 PM)

#119883 - 02/16/08 09:02 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Unicorn

It looks like you might be experiencing the _bug_ that's affecting the leader boards. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to fix it. I'm sorry that you are no longer on the leader boards. We are considering some different ways to get around the problem, but it's not going to be resolved immediately. We'll make an announcement in the forums when there's any news to report.

#119896 - 02/17/08 01:22 AM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: LadyCFII]
popcornlover Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
It looks like you might be experiencing the _bug_ that's affecting the leader boards. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to fix it. I'm sorry that you are no longer on the leader boards. We are considering some different ways to get around the problem, but it's not going to be resolved immediately. We'll make an announcement in the forums when there's any news to report.

Are you saying that all five of my games are unable to be posted?

#119905 - 02/17/08 04:48 AM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Unicorn

All of the leader board software is automated. We don't "post" the scores there - the leader board software does that. As I said, we know of one malfunction that affects some users, where there scores are in the database, but never updated after a certain point. There is also software that removes scores that are invalid.

There are over a hundred players named Ellen or Ellen with a number after the name, so I cannot tell which ones are yours without knowing exactly what your stats are. The other two are not in the database at all, which could be due to a number of things that only an examination of your stats would explain.

#119941 - 02/17/08 05:14 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: LadyCFII]
popcornlover Offline
Trainee

All 5 of the tribe names sent were in the top 13 scores less than a week ago. The top two that I mentioned, Ellen and Ellen2 were the top two on the leaderboard. They disappeared along with all the others a few days ago. Science is golden was number 4 or 5. Anything Goes was number 6. Ellen3 was number 13. At the same time of the disappearance, I started getting the "update failed are you online" message when I tried to upload my stats.

Even if my scores were not updated the old ones would still be on top of the leaderboard, they were that high. If you want to examine the stats, I can type the specifics and send you a private message containing them. It's looking to me as if ALL of my scores are no longer in the database.

#119950 - 02/17/08 06:36 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I have this theory, if any plays all five games as I do as I like to be busy and very additive to my games. they are not up dated onto the leader board after a while, but they are still on there as the earlier dates but moving down as they don't update. Also in my theory gaving others a chanch who started the game at later dates. Then again I could be wrong.

#119961 - 02/17/08 07:57 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: Annthewhofan]
popcornlover Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Annthewhofan
I have this theory, if any plays all five games as I do as I like to be busy and very additive to my games. they are not up dated onto the leader board after a while, but they are still on there as the earlier dates but moving down as they don't update. Also in my theory gaving others a chanch who started the game at later dates. Then again I could be wrong.

I don't think that is what happened to me. All five of my games, very high ranked, dropped off the leaderboard on the same day.

Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter