Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#32183 - 09/22/06 12:24 AM Re: Questions about the ending
neesa Offline

ive done that and nothing

#32184 - 09/24/06 02:09 PM Re: Questions about the ending
higgins Offline

I'm on 14, they are uncovering the treasure as I type...lol. My question is, what is the fish puzzle? Can't seem to figure that one out.

#32185 - 09/24/06 02:24 PM Re: Questions about the ending
higgins Offline

I am finding out about things happening...but can't get into the cave and don't know what the heck the fish in the puzzle is.

#32186 - 09/24/06 02:57 PM Re: Questions about the ending
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Check this guide for a general set of hints, or a detailed spoiler guide

#32187 - 09/25/06 01:13 AM Re: Questions about the ending
bamostn Offline

Well, that may or may not be exactly true. It is easy enough to create a village population of around 270 with hex editing just by making all men and women pregnant with triplets And yes the men can be "made" pregnant. However, I would not guarantee that the game will not crash with that many villagers due to the the fact that the file structure will only hold a fixed number of villagers before you run into other game relevant data fields. (I haven't actually tried to take this to any extremes so I don't know the practical limits.) I do seem to get a game crash whenever the burial ground gets filled up not sure what that limit is either. Hex edits do make it possible to generate just numbers for the stats page and I don't mind the maintainers using good sense to weed these out.

#32188 - 09/26/06 04:52 PM Re: Questions about the ending
Mazzy Offline

I maxed out my tech skills to complete my first winning game. The first two tries failed with all dying.
I agree with those that are asking "what now?" This game is more than a bit dissappointing. Most games, even regular non-realtime games last much longer than this to get to the end - and that's even with playing them for longer periods at a time. Kind of a bum deal for $20 imo.
Also, even this forum is kinda messed up - there is no "post" button so it's like this big mystery how you actually display your own post??

#32189 - 09/26/06 05:06 PM Re: Questions about the ending
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are a lot of different forum software products being used by various sites, and each one works a little differently. The "Post" button in these forums allows you to make a new post in a particular forum. There are other ways to see your own posts. Exactly what is it that you're not able to do?

#32190 - 10/02/06 01:46 PM Re: Questions about the ending
Danielle2343 Offline

Loc: The Cave
Try different people and put each one in your cave. Some of them don't like caves and some like it alot. You may even want to go throgh all your people and look at their likes some of them live caves.

#32191 - 10/03/06 01:24 PM Re: Questions about the ending
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
People seem to think the only value in a game is the first time you play it through. I dont understand that. I still play VS on my palm from time to time, VV on my pc, PT on palm, FT on PC and i think they all have great replayability. I mean i've played retail games with less replayability than these games.

The cheapest games youll find on the market are about 9.99. I pay 20$ just for a screensaver the other day. Dream Aquarium. So in my eyes 2-$ for something i can actually play..not just watch, has even more benefit. Awe well personal preference. The games are great IMO

As for forums, there is mainly phpbb and ubb. Both are simple to use and rather similar

Edited by Village_Monk (10/03/06 01:27 PM)

#32192 - 10/03/06 03:51 PM Re: Questions about the ending
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I agree. I may get a game and play it for a while before going on to another game. I like sites like zone.msn.com since I can play a short "online" version of many games before playing something else.

Games like FT & VV require a bit more dedication in setting up the environment and can keep your interest for several days before the completion, but aren't a "quick win."

I've found that setting up different challenges in games add some variety as to how they play.

For instance, in one game (set in easy mode) I'm not setting any preference for job, but let the villagers do what they want (with occasional exceptions when the "hand of the goddess" temporarily directs them. i.e. will start each of them in all fields and may push to get food when low or more tech if close to a new level.) I find that that way they become adept at several things, but take longer to become a master.

And early events may change the entire direction of a game!

I don't care as much about the ending as how I got there.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter