Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 30 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#30264 - 09/04/06 04:01 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
SasukeChan Offline

Loc: Duke,Oklahoma
Yeah I renamed Juro "Aketa" and some other girl "Akela",because they looked like some characters I made up a while back.

#30265 - 09/04/06 04:17 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
tmckinzey Offline
Trainee

Loc: Texas
My grandchildren and I play this game and we check on them every day 3 or 4 times a day. All our Villagers are named after family members. It is really funny when they want someone to die off because they are mad at them. I make them heal them and love them anyway. This game has taught my grandkids a lot about life. We use the villagers when they have problems in school and don't want to learn something. I will say "what do you have to do to the villagers to make them learn?" They say "make them do it over and over". I tell them the same goes for them. I love this game it helps work out a lot of things with the kids.

#30266 - 09/04/06 05:14 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
kricket24 Offline

Ok, I'm fairly new here, but I devised a way to keep track of my villagers that's been working for me. When I first started, by luck of the draw, I ended up with a bunch of villagers with 'A' names. So I went with that and made sure my first 6 all had 'A' names. Even the little kid. That way even if I can't keep track of the mom and dad, I can at least keep good track of my first, second and third generations. So my next gereration will all have 'B' names and so on. Also, I gave them just one letter last names corresponding to their job. For example:

Anya H - Female Healer, 1st Gen
Aiken B - Male Builder, 1st Gen

Boron F - Male Farmer, 2nd Gen (rhymes w/moron on purpose)\

Etc, Etc

I figure I wont get to the X's, but if I do, I'll just have to get really creative! Oh, and my 'breeders' last names are 'M' for mom or 'D' for dad. Works out pretty good and that way if they happen to be born with a cool native name, I can just change the first letter to whatever letter goes with their generation and still keep the native-like name. If their name just has to be completely changed because its really weird (tutu, chicka) I just try to stay authentic and give them an exotic island type name that I fabricate.

Just my method to the VV maddness! BTW, whoever put that their husband hasn't has a hot meal since they discovered this game...ditto for me!! LOL!

#30267 - 09/04/06 05:32 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
kaybear Offline

how do you rename them????

#30268 - 09/04/06 08:06 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
VVPlayer2 Offline
Trainee

Sorry game developers, but I hate some of the names.

#30269 - 09/04/06 09:49 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
You can rename the villagers to what you like. Just go to the Villagers Detail Screen and at the place of the name that shows up, type the name you like.

#30270 - 09/04/06 09:51 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
VVPlayer2 Offline
Trainee

Quote:

You can rename the villagers to what you like. Just go to the Villagers Detail Screen and at the place of the name that shows up, type the name you like.

Yup that's what I've been doing.

#30271 - 09/05/06 03:13 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
chrysta Offline

I tried making the village monogomous to see if I could keep a family tree of sorts but they all died off while I tried........will try again.

#30272 - 09/05/06 03:51 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
Felice Offline
Adviser

Loc: Peoria, IL, USA
In the beginning, I renamed them all, usually by their trade, lol. I.E.- farmer, healer, builder, breeder. Now that I have 91 villagers, I only rename the ones that really crack me up. For example, my GC was named Tofu. And that was just not a regal enough name for him. Then, I had Obi, who quickly became Obi-Wan!

#30273 - 09/07/06 01:58 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
Tresha Offline

My villagers are: Ginger, MaryAnn, Professor, Skipper, Gilligan, Thirsten and the baby is just Howell. I forget Mrs. Howell's first name anyway, lol.

Page 7 of 30 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter