Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 30 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#30254 - 08/22/06 09:47 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
Go_Ravens Offline
Adviser

Loc: Portland, TX
I've had some pretty funny given names too...Hiji, Ciuk, Kukua, and Lala just to name a few.

In my first game I kept track of the first 70 or so and who they bred with so I could rename the kids with a combo of the parents' names(anal much LOL). It DID make it easier to remember who they all were once I took the time to come up with a name and change their clothes to something I thought suited them.

I like the idea of the tv show characters! How funny...think I'll make my next villagers the characters from Six Feet Under, since all mine seem to end up there anyway...hee hee

My fave name that I came up with is Cheoshi (Master Doctor daughter of Cheop and Nishi)...probly cause she's one of the "prettier" villagers...curly red hair with flowers and the (coordinating, of course...grin) orange, amber, and yellow long dress. I am SO addicted to this game!

Member, SPCV

My Fan Fiction story is "Secrets in the Sand"
I'm proud to be a full time Mom!

#30255 - 08/23/06 06:24 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
Vidiette Offline

I was leaving their given name and providing them with a family name indicating their heritage. KissaTuKay, for example, was Kissa from mother Tuna, father Kayak... this got to be entirely too complex to track once I had a population boom. For a while I tried to breed for specific traits such as pink hair... this didn't work out very well, however.

#30256 - 08/23/06 11:40 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
hookie Offline

Loc: Eglin AFB FL
In my third game I decided to do finally do some creative naming so I can keep track of who is who instead of having 3 Hotos, 4 Sevens, 6 Kayaks and such. I devised a plan for the generations starting with the first one named after fruits, 2nd gen named after gem, 3rd named after the CSI charactors and 4th named after friends and family. Not sure how that is gonna work since I want to keep track of who bred with who. Everyone came up with good ideas on names and I am trying to take some of those ideas and put them into my games.

#30257 - 08/24/06 03:48 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
BigMama Offline

Silly me....I had no idea you could change their names.

Big Mama

#30258 - 08/25/06 01:12 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
cjhmack Offline

I have been changing thier names to something I like and that suits them and giving them a single letter to inticate their tallent. Joe F for a farmer for example. the children only get an initial if they are born with a talent. It makes figuring out where they are supposed to be easier.

#30259 - 08/25/06 03:56 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
felinementality Offline

Loc: MI
i like to keep the mommie with the most 'hook~ups' busy in hopes she will live long enough to produce the 'gc', and with a lot of mommies running around, i name the (highest ranking) Villaho! lol

Edited by ladycfii (08/26/06 09:43 PM)

#30260 - 08/29/06 02:48 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
Rand Offline
Expert

Loc: Somewhere in the Alpha Quadran...
I leave the name the same, but have given last names to the people of one of my villages. However, there were only two couples and an infant. What about the inbreeding factor, you ask? Gonna burn that bridge when I get to it

#30261 - 08/29/06 04:05 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
Jordan2Delta Offline

I rename duplicates. I'm not organzed enough to figure family trees yet--I'm only on my first and second games still. Some of the standard names I just didn't like, so I love this feature. "Tuna" was one of the ones I couldn't deal with, but "City" was okay for some reason. I'm thinking of starting a new game just to play with the names more--I like the idea of giving each generation a different theme.

#30262 - 08/29/06 06:27 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
PBonnie43 Offline

I do if they're weird and hard to remember or say. Some of them I like. I try to keep the same style, such as Betty is Beti, and Tammy is Tami.

#30263 - 08/29/06 06:57 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
I tried to do that also, give different names to the different generations of villagers. Somehow I managed to get totally tangled & mangled & banged up somewhere around G or H. But hey, it was something to do! Always open to new ways of making the game more interesting.

Page 6 of 30 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter