Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 27 of 30 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >
Topic Options
#171658 - 09/14/08 04:21 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: williamani]
Rachel72 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Out Of My Mind!!
I name mine just regular ordinary names. I know... I;m boring.. lol.

#172068 - 09/18/08 03:45 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Rachel72]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

Loc: I am now here.
In my new tribe I mix names. I turn all my names into three words and then I mix it in a new name. Tabu and Caia had a child called Taia.

Tip! Sometimes if i make a name i could possibly hate, i reverse the name and put an - right before the last letter in the new name, thefirst letter in the resulting name and I capital the same letter. I like to do it. Dunno know why. That's why i'm going to say it's for some odd reason. Example: Daku + Baba = Axi-B.

#172445 - 09/21/08 05:39 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: williamani]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

I make names such as....

I rename either if there a duplicates. Example: There's a 15-year old Banga and 30-year old Banga. 15-year old Banga will be Bindi.

Pinky Shro and Reputa Palm have a daughter called Fiji, so Fiji Repi Shro. The first name of the child is the real name, the second is a name with the first two letters of the mother and last two letters are the father's first two letters. The last name is the surname of the mother instead of the father.

#174514 - 10/13/08 12:57 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
Bratzgirl411 Offline

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#176968 - 11/10/08 11:00 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Bratzgirl411]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
I change all of my villagers names at the beginning of a new game. When there is too many to keep track of I stop naming them unless I have a favorite villager.

#177023 - 11/11/08 10:52 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Havetia]
ArsenalF1 Offline

The first thing I do is change the names. I like to go with players from Arsenal football club and Formula One drivers for males, and for females I choose actresses I really like. I also use names from books, movies or TV shows that I watch or read. The 'Founding Fathers' of my tribe were named Jim Halpert, Cesc Fabregas, Keira Knightley, Padme Amidala, Pippin Took, and Hermione Granger. Somehow after around 80 villagers (past and present) I am still coming up with new names for new children. Some of my current residents include Lewis Hamilton, Beatrix Kiddo, Danny Ocean, Luna Lovegood, Ari Gold, Ginny Weasley, Elliot Reed, Dwight Schrute, and Steve Zizzou. My game could be called Virtual Villagers: Pop Culture Edition!

#182865 - 02/01/09 07:55 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
virtualruler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: In the past when the dinosaurs...
i always do that and name then the names of my friends and family

#183877 - 02/16/09 08:57 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: virtualruler]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

I have a new Naming Rule: the eldest boy child of the family always has a U intial, the eldest girl child of the family has a I intial. And the child who was born after both the oldest boy and the oldest girl child was born, that would have an I if it would be an girl, U if boy.. Example, if the oldest boy child has the name Nanu, it get's changed to Unu. If the oldest child girl has the name Tiki, it gets changed to Iki. If the child who is born after them has the name Fiji, it is renamed to Iji. Other than that, I also give them surnames: If it is a boy, the surname is the fathers name: If it was a girl, it would be a combo of the parents names. Example:

mother: Mama Pili

EDIT: I know that I have been posting in this thread before. smile
father: Papa Momo
oldest boychild: Unu Papa
oldest girlchild: Tiki Mapa
child born after girl and boychild are born: Iji Mapa wink

Edited by williamani (02/16/09 08:59 PM)

#184915 - 03/14/09 10:17 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: williamani]
williamani Offline
Consigliere

Too bad I can't edit that anymore. So, sorry for the double post.
Anyway, I now have released the names, which means I do no longer naming to keep track of the parents. But I still rename them on appearance. Example, the girl with the white streak is named 'Firefly', and 'City' is a word so I don't rename her, but 'Elaku' is just an oddball name so I rename him 'Scout'. Although the oldest sister always has her starting intial of the mother, and the oldest brother the first intial of his dad. Although I ended up with naming one of my couples 'Lilo' and 'Stitch' Oh, and everytime I get an 'Seven' I rename his younger siblings 'Eight' and 'Nine' And everytime I get a 'Tuna', I rename it 'Beaver'. LOL

#184954 - 03/15/09 06:35 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: williamani]
Lizzy1990 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
I only rename someone if I already have that name in the tribe at the time. I'll usually let this go if a boy winds up with the same name as his father. For example-

Momo + Kamea = Momo Jr.

Once someone dies, I don't mind the name popping up again. But I don't like more than one of my villagers having the same name. It just gets too confusing.

Isolatown, USA; a VF fic - coming soon!

Page 27 of 30 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter