Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 112 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 25 of 30 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 29 30 >
Topic Options
#157471 - 06/15/08 06:33 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Epimetreus]
ChaoticMoira Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I ALWAYS change my villagers names. I just can't keep track of them otherwise. Plus I use to use the name spot as a note box. Now I use paper though.

#158265 - 06/19/08 03:51 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: ChaoticMoira]
Go_Ravens Offline
Adviser

Loc: Portland, TX
YES!...even if I like the names the original set is given, I change them to two or three syllables that I can use to name their children as a combo of the parents' names. Sometimes I just rename the whole tribe from the beginning; recently I picked types of wine, names based on their likes and dislikes, and names based on their hair/outfits.

Member, SPCV

My Fan Fiction story is "Secrets in the Sand"
I'm proud to be a full time Mom!

#158270 - 06/19/08 04:24 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Go_Ravens]
g3rda Offline
Trainee

I am really proud of myself for naming villagers. The names I give them usually are connected, how they look, who are their paerent or maybe what they like.
I have 98 villagers now, all of them named.
It gets harder, but I will not quit naming them because I love it when Pea and Nut have a child, who is named Peanut.And her daughter is named Butter ^^
It's like a little extra game for me.And it's just plain cute when there is a 2-year-oled girl, with red hair and a pink dress, who is named Lollipop.
Or a dark-brown haired girl, who is named Tiger.
I just love it ! \:D

#158740 - 06/21/08 03:32 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
silverdown Offline

I only change their names if I am bored and have nothing else better to do.

#159364 - 06/24/08 04:18 PM Re: Poll: Do you change your villagers' name? [Re: Carla]
Leafdancer Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I always change my villagers' names. I'm a fan of Elfquest, so I give them names based on their similarity in appearance. So far I've got Dewshine, Moonshade, Strongbow, Leetah, Rayek, Shenshen, Newstar, Nightfall, One-Eye, Redlance, and Ember. I've also got a little bald 3-year-old who has a green mustache named Ekuar, a man named Dart who has grey streaks in his black hair, and a boy with spiky vlack hair named Voll. Ahdri had brown hair until I made her drink a red liquid. Oops.

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie)

Zoe: "Wait, this is something the captain needs to do for himself."
Mal: "No it's not!!"
Zoe: "Oh, right." (runs to help)

- Serenity

#159369 - 06/24/08 04:38 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
geneon3rd Offline
Adviser

i can't abide itchie, always change that one. i usually change all their names to tom dick and harry, types then after i get bored, i only change the odd one. i named one blonde ditsy, i had one whole tribe named for countrys and cities, that was fun and a stretch after a few hundred.

#159787 - 06/26/08 09:26 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
Puppetmaster Offline

i renamed all my villagers with names from the television show, "Lost".

#159814 - 06/26/08 03:31 PM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
Elinu Offline

In one of my tribes, I renamed all the children born so that their names were a fusion of their parents names, but by the second generation all the names were sounding pretty much the same and there's no kind of inbreeding penalty (thank goodness!) so I dropped it. I still like to rename twins or triplets so that they match. I renamed Hope's twin as Joy, for example. I don't like two living people to have the same name, so I usually change those, but I don't mind recycling names of the dead - I think of it like a tribute to a beloved grandfather.

#161363 - 07/04/08 05:49 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Elinu]
tulips Offline

I rename all my villagers gils in age reverse order starting at the end of the alphabet boys starting at the beginning

eg oldest girl
Zannia
then

Yestia

Oldest boy
Alpha
then
Bint

Zannia has child with Alpha becomes

azXe,

I like knowing lineage

#161957 - 07/07/08 08:19 AM Re: Poll: Virtual Villagers Names [Re: Andante]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I like to rename my villagers, to keep track of them. I name them really names like types of flower, gemstone, color or texture. The results are really nice, especially when you have a cute little blonde girl wearing a blue dress, called Aquamarine.

Page 25 of 30 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter