Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#28437 - 10/30/06 04:58 PM Reviews/Interviews
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
Check out Arthurs interview over at Gamasutra. There is some stuff on VV1 and VV2!

Interview

#28438 - 10/30/06 06:17 PM Re: Reviews/Interviews
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
Nice! It still leaves me wanting VV@ to hurry up.

#28439 - 10/31/06 09:21 AM Re: Reviews/Interviews
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying!

#28440 - 10/31/06 01:41 PM Re: Reviews/Interviews
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Arthur, you're a nice guy and we love you but please stay off the forums until you're done. Just joking.

#28441 - 11/01/06 08:14 AM Re: Reviews/Interviews
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
LOL QuickStorm!!

#28442 - 11/01/06 02:41 PM Re: Reviews/Interviews
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

I thought I would get banned for it.

#28443 - 12/02/06 07:28 AM Re: Reviews/Interviews
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
Another interview of Arthur, this time at Gametunnel (a website dedicated to the independent gaming scene). Here is the link:
http://www.gametunnel.com/gamespace.php?id=337&tab=6

#41330 - 01/05/07 03:10 AM Re: First Review of Virtual Villagers [Re: novaonline]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
And more for the villages to do.

#41507 - 01/09/07 01:18 AM Re: First Review of Virtual Villagers [Re: tracy1872]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Out of all the games that I purchased V V is the only one that I open every single day. It has been about five months and I have not missed a day checking my three villages.

I tend to get bored with regular puzzle/strategy games after completing them. This one just keeps me coming back for more. Yes, I thought the completion of the puzzles was a downer but it doesn't mean the game is over. Two of my villages have a dreaded GC but the last one doesn't.

I think this is a great game and depending on the person quite addicting. Looking forward to V V 2.

#49764 - 02/03/07 01:41 PM Re: First Review of Virtual Villagers [Re: QuickStorm]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

My own review of Virtual Villagers: A new home.
When you start the game, you start caring for a tribe of little villagers, who have fled from there own homeland because of an erupting volcano. And they land ashore on an island called Isola, but they need your help, this little gang of villagers can't take care of them selves, you help them by teaching the basics of servivel. There is two main parts of the game:
1. Helping them servive in the little island, of Isola.
2. Solving the 16 puzzels, wich don't really need to be completed in any order. There are some funny actions they can do like:
Draging a villager around the village, and dropping them on parts of it. Or by putting a boy an a girl villager on top of the other can make them sometimes kiss and maybe have a baby. And even putting them on the little researching table, earns them points, that can be spent on new technologies, that improve the village, and help complete the other puzzles. The technologies are:
Building, farming (One of them most important ones.) medicine, science, fertility and spirituality. Science makes the villagers earn more each go, if they succeed on it. Medicine improves how long the villagers random age they can live up to, some villagers even live up to 102! Spirituality makes the villagers be able to do stuff like, laundry, and a few others. Farming improves there harvesting enviroments. Building, makes the villagers complete more complex tasks. Fertility allows them to sometimes have triplets or twins. The game also plays, even when your game is down and your off the computer! So when you come back to your little vilagers, things like events may of happened. There are a lot of unique villagers on the game, all with there likes and dislike, and some without any of them, but they may learn and be made to have one with an event. The villagers also have six skills, farming, science, research, healing and breeding, it's possible to make a villager with every skill a master. And each villager looks humanly, because of there actions.
The end, unfortunatly, just stops, but you can set goals, and see if you can reach a place on the VV leader board, and it's fun to see all the cute villagers little actions!

Above all, I would recomend this game to anybody. And I hope you enjoyed this review by me, Charley323!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter