Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 169 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#27488 - 10/17/06 09:33 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
I like the idea of further mod to the leaderboard. I find it disheartening that im in 5th place for real hours and i dont show up anywhere and of course i cant reorganize it, and how the heck did i go from 3rd yesterday to 5th today, everyones hours are the same UNLESS YOUR CHEATING. *eyeballs around*

#27489 - 10/17/06 11:42 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest vill
Cutterbob Offline

Well I know I'm new here and this is my first post, but my oldest villager was 101

#27490 - 10/18/06 03:07 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland
I actually was talking about the stats board, but as I didn't want to divert from the age question, I've posted my thoughts regarding this on the "leaderboard" thread instead.

Regarding the aging question, I realise there can be little glitches in games, but I've been playing for awhile and have five games on the go. My point is that although my stats told me I've had elderly VV's, over mid 80's and eldest in one at 98, I've never seen them in the villages.

I always rename my VV's as I find it easier to "relate" to them, as well as keeping track of new borns and special delivery babies (crates/barrels) so I'm pretty aware of the VV's in each game and what they are doing. And I've never seen a villager over 80 actually walking, or should I say doddering, around the village. That just makes me think that with all the care and attention some people like to give to their VV's (I for one, like to treat my elders to the magic fruit followed by a lagoon "spa" treatment, going for an holistic approach, haha!) I don't think the life span goes beyond late 70's as a rule. Anything over that is very, very rare.

Best of Irish,
Maura

#27491 - 10/18/06 05:08 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
I have yet to see anyone get to there 90 but it says I had someone 101. I want to know how to get them to live longer? or is it a random thing?

#27492 - 10/21/06 04:07 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

[color:"purple"] I have been really keeping a close eye on my VV's "elders" and am relatively certain that 78/79 is the normal age of death in all of my villages.

I have one easy and one hard mode, the other three on normal. I don't strive for double masters, and apart from training them in their teens, I pretty much leave them to it, and only change their career for breeding or healing. Although have plenty of doctors so I don't even do that now.

Today, I accidently got my 78 yr. old Master Doctor Eibhlinn (Irish for Evelyn, pronounced E-vlin) pregnant. I was placing potential daddy on someone else and he/I literally brushed against her. Anyway, I was really hoping she would make it through to second delivery state (when she's no longer nursing) but sadly, she passed away with baby.

So, my own thoughts on this are pretty much the same, that late 70's is usual life span.

The most noticeable increase in life spans, I think, are when you are achieving levels 2 and 3. But once your village is established, and depending on how hard a task master you are, to a certain extent, life after 79 is very rare indeed.

Just thought I'd share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#27493 - 10/21/06 05:12 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
thanks that helps. so its a random event that so far no one has witnessed?

#27494 - 10/22/06 06:33 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
I'm not as much as help as I suspect Jer will be. I will say Maura, that I DID see my villagers crawling around in thier early 80's before they died. Sounds kinda awful, but still waiting for more to die. I still pause my games when I can't check in every hour or so. Which meaaaaaaaaans, Jer will fill up his cemetary before I do. I did put the 2nd game on 2x speed, only did as much research as was necessary and now only having villagers on farming and healing. I'm not doing the puzzles... my expectation is that villagers will die earlier - my goal is to answer the question: once the cemetary is full, will ages reflect the age of the person when I last saw them. I'm not looking for the "oldest" villager, but whether the stat remains correct. Unfortunately, in the first game, there is almost an 18yr span between the elderly and the next generation to go. So far, things have been on the mark. The age they died is exactly what's on the tombstone and on the stat board. (still haven't read the poems...gonna check in on my villages)

#27495 - 10/22/06 06:37 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
Tenaj Offline
Trainee

Loc: Oklahoma
The oldest I have had in any of my games is 81.

#27496 - 10/22/06 07:56 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Unfortunately, gohill, I only started noticing what I think maybe misleading info on the stats pages regarding age after my games were established and after the cemetary was full.

I'm loathe to delete one of my games to do some kind of control study as yourself and Jer are, but in any case, it's very hard to track ages of death once the cemetary is full. I've checked the log files and while they state when someone has died, they don't mention the age. That's a strange ommission when every berry and sneeze, joke, haha, is listed, but not age at death. It's hard to check the log files anyway as there's so much minutiae on it, it makes for very, very boring reading, haha!!

I'm surprised you're villagers live into their 80's on a regular basis as you are probably more of a "controlling" master then I am, haha, but obviously they are made of stronger stuff then mine.

Been monitoring them pretty closely for the last few weeks, as I said, and still none have lived beyond 79.

I hope the aging of VV's is handled better in VV2, I'm working on a few ideas which I will post when I've sorted them out. Also, I don't want to duplicate too much of what's already been mentioned.

By the way, have you tried out the "private" messaging available on this forum?

Sorry for going on a bit, one of my dogs has been sick all day and I'm keeping a close eye on her and typing at the same time, oh, she's looking really miserably at me now, poor pet...

Best of Irish,
Maura

#27497 - 10/22/06 07:58 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
If it says your oldest villager is 101, maybe that villager got the potion as say age 20 to be a kid again, so his age at death is 81 but he lived 101 years total. Maybe its a calculation in the game similar to that. I dont know for sure but its a logical thought, maybe we only see what their age at death is but the stat reflects total time lived.

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter