Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#27498 - 10/23/06 12:06 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
Laura78 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Oklahoma
That event happened to one of my villagers, Pakwa, where she goes back to being a kid. She was about 25 when that happened and she was nursing at the time. She went back to being a 4 year old. Now she is back to 26 and is almost done nursing. The funny thing is, she was a twin, and her sister Penyo is 47. If I were Penyo, I'd be mad...

#27499 - 10/23/06 02:31 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
tess Offline
Adviser

Loc: West Coast
There is a way to get your villagers up into their 90's. There's something that they need to eat.....

Give it some thought!

Tess

#27500 - 10/23/06 02:00 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
Tenaj Offline
Trainee

Loc: Oklahoma
Yep, Tess...I've tried that, but it has been impossible to follow those who ate it...especially when the cemetery is full so I didn't know if it was working.

In my current game I have one who is 82 now.

#27501 - 10/23/06 04:26 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
GreyKitten Offline

Loc: London, UK
My oldest villager has just died at the ripe old age of 87, I was really sad to lose him too, he was a great worker, always finding something to do. You never caught him 'relaxing' or doing 'nothing' - I'm really going to miss him!

#27502 - 10/24/06 02:26 PM Re: How old was your oldest villager (at death)?
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland
Quote:

Guess what just checked into one of my games and as always checked the statistics section. Apparantly sometime overnight i had a villager that survived to 104!!! Coz that is what my Oldest Villager section says!!! Only problem is, I can't see who it is, coz my graveyard is full, so no more headstones.......
But 104!! Can't believe I missed it.......

The same thing happened to me. Except it wasn't overnight.

But I've been deluding myself, or assumed (and you know what they say about that!!). Anyway, for some reason, I thought that the eldest of the villagers died first (except with an event or pox or something outside the norm). I have a normal established village running, and as I'm a bit "preoccupied" with the "age thing" have been careful about my elders.

You know, taking a little extra care of them, using the "magic bush" (although doesn't seem magical). Anyway, I had an elderly Master Doctor, Dr. Liam, aged 79. The next two in age were both master doctors as well, aged 74. I wasn't as concerned about them because I thought that Liam would die first as he was the eldest of the three.

Anyway, the 74 yr. olds died together (not twins) and Liam was still doddering around.

I so wanted him to make his 80th birthday, so I went to pick him up to eat some magic fruit and have a "spa" treatment in the lagoon, and literally as my "hand" lifted him up he disappeared, well actually died, right there in my hand!!!

I am feeling more then a bit guilty, thinking if only I'd left him alone and not picked him up, maybe he'd still be alive!!

I still feel a little sad about Liam and hope that the aging of villagers improves in the next VV2. I posted some thoughts and suggestions about this on the "suggestions and improvements" thread any maybe Arthur and co. will be able to take them on board.

Anyway, poor Dr. Liam, R.I.P.

Had to share,

Best of Irish,
Maura

#27503 - 10/24/06 02:42 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Tess, the only thing I can say about the majical fruit is... it sure didn't work for my villager. I was making him a master doc so would have him study the cactus, eat the fruit, study the cactus, etc. for FOUR STRAIGHT hours. He died at 74 yrs. old. I was NOT a happy camper. If it takes longer than four non-stop hours of having someone eat the the majic fruit to live till thier 90's... count me out.

#27504 - 10/24/06 03:40 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest villager
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Y'know, it has never occurred to me to take villagers to the magic fruit. Has been been known to make any of them live longer? I just tried it with a couple of those in a game I'm playing. Apart from "Enjoying Magic Fruit" appearing in the actions field, nothing seemed to happen.

#27505 - 10/24/06 04:37 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest vill
Tzigone Offline
Expert

I tried it, but only once and didn't notice any difference.

#27506 - 10/24/06 08:41 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest vill
irishmaura Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ireland
Yes, gohill, I think the berry bush is a "dud" in that department as well.

The one thing I hope in the new VV2 is that aging/death will be handled a bit better. I've posted some sggestions regarding this on the "suggestions/improvements" thread, which I'm sure that Arthur and Co. have already thought of, but no harm in suggesting things.

I put as a suggestion that the health status bar should show more then just elderly. Maybe weakening, then gravely ill (can't be healed) before they actually die. This way you would have some warning.

This could also connect to the problem of elderly ladies/gents breeding, because if they are weakened they won't be able to breed, so no more 75 yr. old ladies with triplets, haha!!

I also suggested a Retired option for career, then they could wind down and play with children, teach trainee teens, tend garden, etc.

It's probably too late fo these suggestions, but if they are not incorporated in VV2, uhh, maybe VV3, oh yes, definitely addicted, haha!!

Just thought I'd share,

Best of Irish,

Maura

#27507 - 10/25/06 01:19 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILER]How old was your oldest vill
GreyKitten Offline

Tried feeding 3 of my villagers 'magic fruit' and they've just died aged 90,91 and 92 - the 3 oldest so far! Could be coincidence but those I didn't feed with the fruit all died in late 70s and early 80s.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter