Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#243802 - 04/22/22 07:32 AM So, what's up?
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Loc: United States of America
It's been really quiet here. Just wondering, how's everyone doing? What's been going on with your villagers and family members lately? Making any new games/updates?

I've been playing survival mode in VVO2 and both of my villages are struggling with the plague eek But so far no major catastrophies. The hardest part is waiting for all those tech points to pile up so I can get the proper level to solve the disasters.

I've also been redecorating my VF2 house. It's a little annoying when you accidentally move furniture you didn't mean to move.

I'm trying to write some stories about the VV games. I have only a few lines of dialogue and a bunch of ideas right now. Not sure when I'll finish them, but whenever I do I might share them with you guys wink

#243803 - 04/23/22 07:00 PM Re: So, what's up? [Re: lorsieab2]
CyberDesigner01 Offline

It has been quiet, the previous topic created was two months ago, haha. I am good, hopefully others are, too? I cleared the storage of my installed Last Days of Work applications and reset or deleted my profiles, I was overwhelmed with my town, villagers, families and fishes.

It is annoying accidentally moving furniture in Virtual Families 2. I have obsessive compulsive disorder so my furniture placement has to be pixel perfect, smartphones having an accessibility setting for zooming in has been a Godsent, haha.

It is not an issue in Virtual Families 3 for me because of the furniture grid, but it is annoyingly limiting. An example, I want to place furniture against the walls but they are overlayed in red implying the placement is not eligible. My furniture is placed with the house in mind, I do not like placing said furniture conflicting with the house's perspective (like furniture placed on the walls), so it does not make sense to me why it would get overlayed in red. confused

I have never thought about writing based on my villagers or families. I would be too forgetful to write on my villagers or families, haha, I would not remember what the events of the day were. smile

#243804 - 04/27/22 04:51 PM Re: So, what's up? [Re: CyberDesigner01]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Yeah, I've had that placing problem too. I want to put stuff in a perfectly reasonable spot, but the game just doesn't agree with me lol. I've wanted to put pictures on bare spots of the wall but it wouldn't allow me, in both VF2 and 3. So sometimes the room looks weird. I had to make do with what I was allowed to put. confused

I get the overwhelmed feeling. I've stopped playing VF3 after a while, because I have so much money and I got bored waiting for events and new updates. I finished all the other games too. I love them but they do get kinda repetitive, and you don't need to check in as much once you get into the later stages.

#243805 - 04/27/22 04:58 PM Re: So, what's up? [Re: lorsieab2]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

I wonder where everyone's gone.

Besides talking about games, what's been going on in everyone's lives?

#243806 - 05/03/22 07:29 PM Re: So, what's up? [Re: lorsieab2]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Sadly little forum communities aren't quite the thing they were in 2007 anymore smile People socialize through platforms like Instagram and Facebook groups. Discord channels are a close replacement to but definitely aren't the same thing as forums as it doesn't have the thread system. I do miss the era of gifs, image edits, shout boxes, long-long quote chains in the threads etc. smile Platforms like Twitter and Instagram aren't as charming. But they do have their advantages.

#243807 - 05/04/22 06:03 AM Re: So, what's up? [Re: Hydra14]
lorsieab2 Offline
Adviser

Yeah, the Forums definitely haven't been as busy as they were back then. Nowadays the only discussion I see comes from people looking for help in the games. All the help groups on Facebook are somewhat active, but the discords are pretty much dead frown
I wish there was more discussion in the discords. Not just about the games, but about other people's interests as well.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter