Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#243456 - 11/12/20 07:47 PM PC vs Mobile
RainbowHead94 Offline
Trainee

Loc: United States
I didn't see any email or forum answer so I want to ask again.. is the PC version of VF2 suppose to be different from the mobile version?? I have both but in the PC version they don't have some outdoor items like picnic tables and they don't get holiday things etc etc

#243459 - 11/13/20 05:35 PM Re: PC vs Mobile [Re: RainbowHead94]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I wouldn't say that the two versions of VF2 are supposed to be different; it just turned out that way. When the PC version was released a few months after the mobile versions were released, it was essentially the same game. The major difference had to do with the game's economy - the mobile versions are free-to-play, with in-app purchases, while the PC version was designed without in-app purchases (and the economy was adjusted appropriately).

Unfortunately, the PC versions of our games have become far less popular over the years, and we make very little money on them. We did make the decision to invest in updating all of our PC games in the summer of 2014 to make sure that they would all run well on the newer versions of Windows. Even though the development costs for those updated versions exceeded the money we made from subsequent sales of the PC games, it was the right thing to do for our loyal fans.

That being said, the sad truth is that rising development costs and distribution challenges continue to make it unprofitable to update our PC games. Because of that, the PC version of VF2 didn't get the new content that was added to the mobile versions.

I was part of the development work on LDW's desktop games from the very beginning, and I loved playing them, too. But times change and we had to change with them.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter