Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
02/24/24 09:16 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy, Alice Arthagon
30707 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30707 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#242733 - 03/09/19 04:40 AM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: Armada]
LisaRae Offline

Loc: Australia
So... I've got this game, on PC, not using any 'transforming' software. Got it through BigFish games.
Wondering why there isn't a forum for it yet? Or won't there be because there is at least one forum for the other platform(s)?

Edit to add: PS Is there a Virtual Villagers Origins? If yes, will it come out on PC?

Edited by LisaRae (03/09/19 04:42 AM)

#242746 - 03/11/19 12:53 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: LisaRae]
Keegan Administrator Offline
Community Manager

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for playing the game!

The Big Fish version of the game is identical to the other PC and mobile versions, except that it doesn't include optional in-app purchases; its in-game economy is adjusted to compensate for the lack of purchases, however.

You can use the mobile forum to discuss the game:

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=88&page=1

Also, Virtual Villagers: Origins is a mobile-only game, which is a remake of the first Virtual Villagers.

#242749 - 03/11/19 01:05 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: Keegan]
LisaRae Offline

Thanks. I did figure out (eventually) that Origins was not a "new" game as such.

Re BF there have been enough differences between what I read in both your and other forums and what happens in my version that it is confusing. Can I say that the lavastone wheel ought to have your lavastone balance somewhere to prevent accidentally spinning more than you intended to? (Just used up all but 2... by accident.)

Also, while I know the LDW games are intended to take more time than an "ordinary" game to complete, MONTHS??? Sorry, haven't processed that yet. I was (what used to be) hyperactive as a child, and don't have that great an attention span - I solved Fish Tycoon 2 (including crossing every species and genus) in a matter of days...

On the plus side I've enjoyed all your previous games.

#242768 - 03/14/19 10:59 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: LisaRae]
ylwrose Offline

It is very frustrating to have to wait for long periods of time to collect the tech points & lava stones!! VVO2 on PC should be on the same level as the "mobile" game. Seriously, the mobile games had to start somewhere like on PC so why not give PC the same benefits as "mobile" versions. I am so close to finishing the first chapter but have to wait on tech points to build when my population is still stuck at 26 the tech points just don't build that quickly. Please consider updating the PC version to match with the "mobile" version. Having the totems or whatever to help with increasing both tech points & lava stones would help greatly!

#242772 - 03/18/19 07:14 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: ylwrose]
Community Manager

Hi there!

There are many versions of the game available for PC that are matched with the mobile version - the differences you're referring to are between the paid versions, distributed by third parties, and the free-to-play versions that we support.

If you wish to try a free-to-play desktop version of the game that comes with support from us, you can download it from Steam here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/949050/Virtual_Villagers_Origins_2/

And from the Windows Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/virtual-villagers-origins-2/9pdm6gwqb6zm

You can also play the game directly in Facebook or the Facebook Gameroom app on a desktop computer:

https://apps.facebook.com/villagersorigins

Regarding the paid version you're playing, there are many other ways to earn Lavastones and Tech Points apart from buying them in the Marketplace - you can earn them through random events in the game, the trading ship, exploring volcanic cracks, the Lavastone Generator, the daily reward calendar and much more!

#242794 - 03/31/19 01:49 AM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: Keegan]
gemkat2010 Offline

Agree that it takes so long to acquire lava stones in the PC version which holds back such a lot of the game play.

If I hadn't already finished Chapter 2 I'd play on Steam but don't want to start again and lose the villies that I already have. Took long enough to get there as it is!

It would be a great idea if lava stones could be created in the craft shop.

#242801 - 04/04/19 08:20 AM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: freelance52]
Phaedra Offline

Originally Posted By: freelance52
It would be nice to have VV2 Origins on PC - remember that it was the PC gaming community who bought these games and supported you earlier in your development - so a little thought to their needs would be nice. I bought all your VV games but never play games on my phone or ipad - I like my big screen PC, my coffee, soft, comfy chair and uninterrupted time to play!

I'm so with you, FreeLance52. I play VVO2 on my Android, but I really hate it. I've got old eyes and it seems a bit ageist to me to not provide availability for these games on PCs.

I've bought more than my share of PC games and am always searching for more of the types of games I enjoy but they are getting fewer and fewer.

If you don't cater to us, we stop playing. We stop playing and we don't introduce these fun games to our younger generation.

Just think about it and do the right thing LDW programmers.

#242802 - 04/04/19 06:23 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: Phaedra]
Community Manager

Hi Phaedra!

We completely understand your concern, which is why we released the game for desktop computers through several platforms over the past year!

The later posts in this thread discuss many of these versions, but for your convenience, I'll include links to the free-to-play versions of the game (which we provide support for) again:

You can download VVO2 from Steam here (Windows and Mac):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/949050/Virtual_Villagers_Origins_2/

And from the Windows Store (Windows only):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/virtual-villagers-origins-2/9pdm6gwqb6zm

You can also play the game directly in Facebook or the Facebook Gameroom app on a desktop computer:

https://apps.facebook.com/villagersorigins

Let us know if you have any other questions!

#242803 - 04/04/19 07:45 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: Keegan]
RudyToo Offline
Trainee

You don't really understand our concern, PC players do not want to play mobile app games that have been modified to a pc version, all the ones I have encountered in the last couple of years have been sub par and the pc players are really getting fed up with that trend in casual gaming. We want games that are made for the pc to start with.

#242804 - 04/04/19 07:54 PM Re: Virtual Villagers Origins 2 for PC [Re: RudyToo]
Community Manager

Hi Rudy, thank you for your feedback. Phaedra's concern was regarding the size of the screen and making it more accessible, which was what we were addressing when porting the game to desktop computers.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter