Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
02/24/24 09:16 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy, Alice Arthagon
30707 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30707 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#241682 - 09/09/17 11:17 PM Re: New games? [Re: LadyCFII]
frogboy Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
We tried getting getting VF2 through the Steam Greenlight process, but there wasn't enough interest from our fans to make that happen.

have you investigated steam direct now that the greenlight program has been terminated?

#241684 - 09/12/17 09:21 PM Re: New games? [Re: Agentqutip]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: Agentqutip
But still you should at least occasionally put some of the games on PC because people like playing in the big screen.

eek

For those of us with uhm senior? Eyesight, I recently discovered a program that allows me to sync the screen on my phone to my computer.
This not only allows me to see EVERYTHING larger, it also allows me to use my mouse and keypad instead of the touchscreen.
The particular app I am using is "SideSync" by Samsung, but there are at least 3 other programs for Windows/Android pairing. I apologize, but I do not know about availability for iOS devices. I do have an iPad, but it has a large enough screen for me to be comfortable.
Here's an odd thing: Even though I own over 30 "Core" games for PC, I find that I rarely play them anymore. Even my old VV games have migrated to the iPad. I suspect this is primarily due to the extreme variety of new games in the App Store & Google Play Store.
What I do now is download the game to my iPad and play, or to my Android phone then either play directly or on the PC via SideSync.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#241698 - 10/12/17 07:32 AM Re: New games? [Re: spygirl2]
CherryDrops Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: spygirl2
I am not in my twenties and it is hard enough to see everything now but if I have to play only on a tablet or cell phone, I will have to stop buying from LDW

I'm in my 20s and have decent eyesight and I still don't want to play these games on mobile; they just don't seem suited to it, in my opinion, but that's just me. I tried Virtual Town for a few days, it was too annoying for me, playing it on mobile, so deleted that game pretty quickly. Unfortunately, if games are going to be mobile only, I don't see myself playing them, anymore, which is a shame because I have a lot of games from LDW and was waiting for VF3 (and who knows when that'll be out). Will it even be on PC or will it be mobile, too? Because if it'll be mobile, I can stop waiting for it and move on, completely.

I wish LDW well, though. Apparently, mobile is the way to go and if it's making more money, I don't blame them for going that route.

#241700 - 10/12/17 08:42 PM Re: New games? [Re: CherryDrops]
Lia Offline
Trainee

Loc: New England
I hope that PC users are kept in the development loop. I like a big screen and a mouse.

It's nice to be able to sit back comfortably rather than with one's nose pressed up against a screen not quite the size of a postcard.

#241846 - 12/17/17 09:33 PM Re: New games? [Re: Lia]
poofy Offline
Expert

Loc: Kentucky
I agree with Lia. I love playing all your games and will continue to do so. However playing on a small android screen gets frustrating. Where the pc is big and you can maneuver easier. I just downloaded virtual villagers origins 2 which is kool but its hard to find items. Continue with the great work you all are doing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter