Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 15 of 55 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54 55 >
Topic Options
#205345 - 07/26/09 11:25 PM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: Annthewhofan]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Loc: Suburban Isola
It took me 3 days once to get the Spiked head and it could've taken even longer.. Nothing will help the chance of getting the head we want other than trying more times. smile Just hang in there next time! You will get them eventually. I've already had 4 generations with the parents being Rainbow and Spike, going to be fifth soon!

Jamie if they argue, you don't have to wait for them to finish you can interrupt them and get them to keep trying until it says "Trying For a Baby". If it isn't successful and the family is wealthy, it's good to use a doctor consultation to see if they need baby boost to have a baby. If this is the case, try using baby boost next time before they try again. smile

#205359 - 07/27/09 12:35 AM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: Lyssaria]
Safire Offline
Expert

Loc: On this earth....somewhere.......
Vanilla won the beauty contest!

Attachments
Beauty contest.jpg

#205379 - 07/27/09 03:09 AM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: Safire]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

grin Vanilla really is special! Congrats on the contest win!

#205443 - 07/27/09 03:09 PM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: Lyssaria]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Since there are so many experiments going on with genetics, I've decided to try to get ALL (or almost all) of the different heads in my fams. I've pretty much given up on getting the same career trophy, so I'm going to see what combinations come up from my random pairing. If a head's been in my family, I'll choose a spouse who is different.

Lyssaria, or anyone, have you ever bred a rainbow or blue girl without using mohawk, blue spike or rainbow girl?

#205462 - 07/27/09 07:39 PM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: ajuma]
Safire Offline
Expert

Loc: On this earth....somewhere.......
I just got a rare child!! maybe I can get a screenshot later, but he is my second child. If you number the head chart, the parents are numbers 34 and 39 and the first child is number 36 or something like that. And the rare child is number 9! He has jet balck hair when his brother has bright red hair!

#205487 - 07/27/09 11:30 PM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: Safire]
JamieH Offline
Trainee

Loc: IN
WEll..I started Family 5 in my set and so happens I found a rainbow gal!! So I got her married off and tring...crosses fingers!!

Edit:
And theres a baby!!
Boy names Balino?

Edited by JamieH (07/27/09 11:31 PM)

#205492 - 07/27/09 11:53 PM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: JamieH]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Ajuma there have been rare Rainbows reported in the past outside of the parents' genetics but that's completely random and very rare indeed smile There is also adoption although that also isn't a part of genetics.

Congrats Jamie!

#205531 - 07/28/09 04:48 AM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: Lyssaria]
gmomluvsvv Offline
Expert

Loc: CA
Reflecting on the search for those special ones....Blue Girl and Rainbow Girl, I have started three of my families on the way to meet that goal. Remember, this game will follow the same math genetics pattern as our Virtual Villagers did. If I'm wrong, sure Lady CF will tell us. But if not,the path of this exploration will be thus:
Identify your parents heads by number, add them together and divide. There is your 'mean' expected child's head, with a leeway of 5 up or down. Example: Family #1 parents are #30 & #47,,,their child will most likely be #38. And first one is!
Anything beyond that 'norm' [34 to 42 in example] would be a rare, random child for that particular family.
So I will be slowly building down into the larger numbers, which will give me back my blondes and eventually the truly hard to acquire Blue & Rainbow girls.
Wish me luck....gotta do something waiting for those dratted triplets in four of the families, much less bugs. frown
Will keep you posted from time to time how many generations I have to deal with to get there.

#205549 - 07/28/09 08:41 AM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: gmomluvsvv]
Pokemontrainer99 Offline
Expert

Loc: England

My family. Strange as it seems, only Pierozo is adopted.

#205572 - 07/28/09 04:55 PM Re: [Spoiler] Rare Children [Re: Pokemontrainer99]
Lyssaria Offline
Legend

Good luck gmom! It sounds like you're in for quite the experiment smile

That family is so unique looking PT! and I also had a blonde boy as an adoption in my rainbow family.. kind of odd how the blondes are closest to those colorful heads and we keep getting them as adoptions even though its supposed to be random grin I see you also have a rare child, Lucina! Congrats smile

Page 15 of 55 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 54 55 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter