Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#240177 - 04/18/16 04:11 AM Re: VT update?? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
Whispering Oaks Offline
Trainee

I really like the fertilizer bomb. Fingers crossed for a weed bomb someday (although I really like the sound it makes when I yank one of those suckers out of the ground)

#240181 - 04/18/16 04:22 PM Re: VT update?? [Re: Whispering Oaks]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

I want a driverless riding lawnmower, even if it only worked in the Northern Lands. The developers could ask Google or Tesla for assistance starting up in the production of an autonomous vehicle!

#240182 - 04/18/16 08:25 PM Re: VT update?? [Re: Aviatrix]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
For all of you who were hoping for "more" in the update...

We are listening, and we are already working on an update that will continue the story and add quite a bit of new stuff (in addition to another bug-fix update, which will happen first).

We're paying attention to all of the suggestions, and we're going to do our best to include a lot of them in the next big update. We can't provide an estimate of when it will be available, but maybe it will help to give you a simplified version of what has to happen to get a big update into your hands:
  • We have to come up with a "feature list" for the update (from our design document, our own new ideas, and fan suggestions), making sure that what we come up with doesn't make the game too big to run well on everyone's devices.
  • We have to sketch out all of the new art. When we're adding new furniture, decor, clothes, etc. we're talking about a lot of art that has to go from concept to prototype, be approved, and then rendered in final form for the game (whether 2D or 3D).
  • We have to design how everything new will work in the game - including things like appropriate prices for store items, new behaviors for the peeps, changes that might be required for existing stuff to make it all work together - you get the idea.
  • All of the parts (art, behaviors, changes, bits and bytes) have to be programmed into the game and go through QA.
  • Then we need to schedule sufficient time for our beta testers to shake it out and make sure it's going to work well on a lot of different devices. If they find serious bugs (as often happens, since people aren't perfect), we have to fix those and re-test.

In short, it usually takes months to go from start to finish on a new update. The VT team is always working on improving VT, even though you don't see it.

We hope it helps to know that we're very busy here, and we're not sitting around eating pizza and wondering when we should get busy on the next update. laugh

#240183 - 04/18/16 11:33 PM Re: VT update?? [Re: LadyCFII]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

OMG i'm not ready for another content update?
I still have a LOT of work to do
My botanical garden is a mess, my house needs to be decorated currently all of the stuff in house are hanging straggly.
And storage is a soup.
Also i still didn't complete any collection, i need 5 rare plants,
12 bugs and some amount of mineral.
So don't need to hurry, work peacfully without forcing.
G'day laugh
(And be sure you eat pizza enough wink )

#240186 - 04/19/16 02:58 AM Re: VT update?? [Re: Hydra14]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

I know it's a lot of hard work to incorporate new things into the game. Sometimes it's difficult for us players being in the dark and not really knowing what's going on, but I think we all know that you guys are still working on things even though we can't see it yet.

I really appreciate the insight you give us on the behind-the-scenes stuff going on over there. And it's totally okay to have pizza while you're figuring everything out. wink

#240188 - 04/19/16 04:06 AM Re: VT update?? [Re: sunshower]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Some of us might be munching on cupcakes kale instead of pizza. wink
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#240192 - 04/19/16 04:15 PM Re: VT update?? [Re: Xay]
MCroft Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Austin, TX
Originally Posted By: Xay
Some of us might be munching on cupcakes kale instead of pizza. wink

Kale-cakes? Ummm...

#240197 - 04/19/16 06:42 PM Re: VT update?? [Re: MCroft]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Kale pizza is a possibility.

#240198 - 04/19/16 06:59 PM Re: VT update?? [Re: Aviatrix]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

What does kale mean?

#240200 - 04/19/16 07:48 PM Re: VT update?? [Re: Hydra14]
MCroft Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Austin, TX
Originally Posted By: Hydra14
What does kale mean?

It means 'we don't want you to know that the trendy new leaf-vegetable is really cabbage'.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter