Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#239510 - 02/23/16 01:33 AM Anyone else??
Rissy Offline
Adviser

I'm finding my game crashes a lot. Can rarely play more than 5 mins at a time without it crashing. I play on an iPhone 4s. I've noticed more crashes since this new update. Anyone else? Though I have to say that at least there is no loss in game progress now.

#239511 - 02/23/16 06:06 AM Re: Anyone else?? [Re: Rissy]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
As I'm sure you already know, Virtual Town is a very new game that uses the latest 3D technology to make it a fun, gorgeous game. The problem with that is that some devices are struggling to run the game well, and instead are experiencing crashes, game restarts, and unacceptably slow gameplay, due to the limited hardware resources of these devices.

These issues are not due to defects in the game, but, rather, they are due to the nature of this type of 3D game, which requires considerably more resources than our other games do. For now, there are some quick things you can try to see if the game will run better on your device:

• Open any browsers you have installed on your device and close all tabs
  • Completely close all other running apps on your device (instructions below, repeat until all apps are closed)
    1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see previews of your recently used apps.
    2. Swipe up on each app's preview to close it.
  • Power your device off and power it back on to free up as much memory as possible
  • Run Virtual Town to see if it runs better for you
If Virtual Town runs acceptably for you after doing those things, you will probably be able to keep playing the game, although you might have to tidy up memory from time to time to keep the game running well.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#239518 - 02/23/16 05:42 PM Re: Anyone else?? [Re: Xay]
Rissy Offline
Adviser

Thank you for the tips! I figured it was because I was playing on an older device. Just thought I would see if anyone else was experiencing the same kinds of issues.

#239520 - 02/24/16 05:56 PM Re: Anyone else?? [Re: Rissy]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

Try saving it to facebook and then moving it to your PC on an android emulator. I love playing it on the PC. I used Bluestacks at first but then I found Nox and it works better for me. It even lets me get games from google play, although virtual town is really the only game I play on the android emulator, I haven't found any other games that can compare!
Hopefully it will come out on Steam someday and no emulator will be necessary. I would happily pay money for it if it does! I prefer Steam to emulators.

#239544 - 02/28/16 09:57 AM Re: Anyone else?? [Re: Rissy]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Another thing to do if you are having problems with the game when playing on an older device:
  • Tap the gear icon at the top right of the screen
  • tap Settings
  • choose Low Demand Mode
Some sounds will not play, but hopefully their lack should not interfere too much with your enjoyment.

#239547 - 02/28/16 12:38 PM Re: Anyone else?? [Re: arnie]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

I suspect if Rissy is playing on an iPhone and saves the game to FB, it won't be transferable to an Android set up. I am running the game on two devices, an old iPad mini (NOT recommended, can be frustrating even on Low Demand mode) and a Samsung Tab S2 which for you Appleheads is a zippy late-model tablet. Both games are saved to FB and both are different - no cross-pollination.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter