Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#239084 - 01/23/16 07:51 AM Adopted child working
Paradisecupcakes Offline

So my 11 year old just started working! I chose farming though I regret it cuz she's 99.9% useless there. How can I teach her more things?

#239085 - 01/23/16 09:19 AM Re: Adopted child working [Re: Paradisecupcakes]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Patience, grasshopper. All things in good time.

I agree that the kids are useless as farmers. I'm somewhat obsessive-compulsive about the layout of my garden, and I never ask my adoptee to help. The other skills are somewhat useful, but as an example,
Click to reveal..
A young child, after training, can whack around a bug net but rarely catches anything. They seem to improve with age but may need practice to get better. If you have infinite patience you can watch an adoptee finish off a killer bee or locust quest.

#239086 - 01/23/16 10:47 AM Re: Adopted child working [Re: Aviatrix]
Paradisecupcakes Offline

But does choosing them to help farm kill that chance of them catching things? Or helping keeping grass and weeds in order?

#239089 - 01/23/16 04:31 PM Re: Adopted child working [Re: Paradisecupcakes]
AriaSparkle Offline
Expert

Loc: Playing Virtual Town
I have a bit of a problem with this myself. After I tell my adoptee to help clean up the town, sometimes they just continue to follow me like I didn't even tell them to clean up the town, and most of the time, there is still trash/weeds around. Sometimes, my adoptee will pick up one piece of trash/pull a weed, and either stand there doing nothing or return to me and keep following me when the cleaning is still not done! Only occasionally will my adoptee clean until all the trash is gone. Is this a glitch?

#239091 - 01/23/16 04:42 PM Re: Adopted child working [Re: AriaSparkle]
JenniMM Offline

Loc: United States
Other than teaching the kids, I just keep em away from me. They are just frustrating, get in the way and never help. Lol!

#239092 - 01/23/16 06:18 PM Re: Adopted child working [Re: JenniMM]
sunshower Offline
Consigliere

Lol, I do the same, JenniMM! My kid gets on my nerves following me around all the time. Sometimes he gets in the way when I'm trying to catch a bug and I end up missing it. So usually when I first open the game, the first thing I do is tell him to go play so I can get him out of the way. He's never done anything to help anyway. laugh

#239093 - 01/23/16 07:11 PM Re: Adopted child working [Re: sunshower]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I agree that they're worse than useless when trying to farm. If my mayor has a task like the thistles or knotweed I'll sometimes ask the adoptee to help clean up the town; if s/he has to catch things like the killer bees or slugs perhaps I'll get the adoptee swinging a net. In both circumstances they will perhaps get only one or two items at a maximum, though, so YMMV on whether it's worth the extra bother.

#239095 - 01/24/16 12:06 AM Re: Adopted child working [Re: arnie]
Rissy Offline
Adviser

All of this sounds a lot like my real life kids.

#239103 - 01/24/16 04:35 PM Re: Adopted child working [Re: arnie]
AriaSparkle Offline
Expert

Loc: Playing Virtual Town
Originally Posted By: arnie
I agree that they're worse than useless when trying to farm. If my mayor has a task like the thistles or knotweed I'll sometimes ask the adoptee to help clean up the town; if s/he has to catch things like the killer bees or slugs perhaps I'll get the adoptee swinging a net. In both circumstances they will perhaps get only one or two items at a maximum, though, so YMMV on whether it's worth the extra bother.

Ok. I guess that means my troubles with adoptees are just natural.

#239112 - 01/25/16 07:10 AM Re: Adopted child working [Re: Rissy]
Paradisecupcakes Offline

Originally Posted By: Rissy
All of this sounds a lot like my real life kids.

Lol! So true!

Anyway: My kid keeps following me around like I never asked her to do anything. She's almost 17!! What happens when she's full grown?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter