Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 109 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#238707 - 12/30/15 07:45 PM Remember when..
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
I remember back in the olden days when LDW Forums was much more visited by game lovers. Is there any way we can encourage audiences to return? To put the word out that the forums are still in use and a great way to communicate with fellow LDW game lovers? I'd love to see more users, it was so fun having so many posts to look through and topics to talk about

Much love to all of you still around <3

#238708 - 12/30/15 09:51 PM Re: Remember when.. [Re: Nora Willow]
AriaSparkle Offline
Expert

Loc: Playing Virtual Town
Even though I wasn't around here at that time, I know what you mean. The way I see it, the best way to attract new audiences is for LDW to produce more new games. Currently, there is a lot of activity in the Virtual Town forum, and that's a new game.
Soon, VF3 will come out, so over the next year, the forums might be more active than they have been recrntly.

#238710 - 12/30/15 11:59 PM Re: Remember when.. [Re: AriaSparkle]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

You're right! That's the best way to get the forums going again. In the meantime we can patiently (or impatiently grin) await VF3 and discuss VT!

#238719 - 12/31/15 08:36 AM Re: Remember when.. [Re: Nora Willow]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
I too miss the "old days" when the forums where very active. A lot has changed since then, both for the company as well as the members. I'm on my iPad, so I won't do a lot of fancy UBB stuff, but I recall some polls that showed the audience demographic back then. I think the biggest change has been to the target audience. They now seem to be targeting the mobile platforms and target audience of late teen early adult who don't mind the pay as you go method of purchasing coin packs to hasten your gameplay. That makes perfect sense from a business perspective. Another big change that goes along with that audience, is moving discussion of the game(s) to dedicated pages on Facebook & Twitter. Again, with the push to mobile platforms, that makes more sense than pushing a dedicated forum.
Still, I do miss the old days, when the shout box was jumping and fan fiction submissions kept me busy.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#238720 - 12/31/15 12:54 PM Re: Remember when.. [Re: Rockmower]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
In general, the forum format seems to be losing out to other social media such as Facebook pages, across the web. I'm a member of a few other forums and they're a lot less popular than they were a few years ago.

#238725 - 12/31/15 04:44 PM Re: Remember when.. [Re: arnie]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Maybe forums are outdated to some, but I grew up in this forum blush since I've been playing LDW since I was a kid. I always come back to the forums here because I love how friendly it has always been. Perhaps forums will gain more popularity later on, but I'll be around as long as there are games to discuss smile

#238726 - 12/31/15 04:45 PM Re: Remember when.. [Re: Nora Willow]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

P.S. Rockmower, I may write some Fan Fiction soon, to get the trend started 'round here again grin

#238730 - 01/01/16 09:34 AM Re: Remember when.. [Re: Nora Willow]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

I also really miss the good old times when PC was king of casual games and Forums were king of Internet frown
@Rockmower i think i know how you feel
Originally Posted By: Nora Willow
P.S. Rockmower, I may write some Fan Fiction soon, to get the trend started 'round here again grin

Well my English isn't stable at all so i can't write Fan Fiction but i can draw fan art laugh

#238737 - 01/01/16 06:31 PM Re: Remember when.. [Re: Hydra14]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

That would be cool to see! smile

#238759 - 01/03/16 04:26 AM Re: Remember when.. [Re: Nora Willow]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Nora Willow I will look forward to a submission from you.
Hydra 14 please don't hesitate to send us a story. It doesn't need to e complicated, or use words you aren't familiar with. Also, I am more than willing to help you with proper grammar. I will even help with phrasing if it is needed.
Essentially, if you can understand this message, you should be able to write us a story in English.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter