Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#240437 - 05/29/16 12:30 AM Re: Money tips [Re: Aviatrix]
Jessamine Offline
Adviser

Loc: Sydney Australia
I've noticed that Redberries Cactus self replicates once you have a few planted together - I think it was 3.
The white daisy lemon bush self replicates too as does the blue lemongrass.

#240448 - 05/29/16 02:24 PM Re: Money tips [Re: Jessamine]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Goldenberries Caladium (I may be a bit off on the name) is a noxious weed when it comes to self-replication. Not my favorite plant so that is just coins in the bank.

#240555 - 06/17/16 07:59 PM Re: Money tips [Re: phoenix_s]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Loc: Cocoa, Florida
Originally Posted By: phoenix_s
After you build your house your secretary brings a house warming gift. As long as it is the only item in your house (and no upgrades have been made) you can put it in your inventory, go outside, go back in and it will be there again. Do this over and over until your inventory is full then go to the store and sell it all. Do this repeatedly. Tons of $$$ fast and easy.

I tried that. It didn't work. The house is empty. :-<

How often is a lottery held?

#240556 - 06/17/16 09:29 PM Re: Money tips [Re: Scully]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Scully
Originally Posted By: phoenix_s
After you build your house your secretary brings a house warming gift. As long as it is the only item in your house (and no upgrades have been made) you can put it in your inventory, go outside, go back in and it will be there again. Do this over and over until your inventory is full then go to the store and sell it all. Do this repeatedly. Tons of $$$ fast and easy.

I tried that. It didn't work. The house is empty. :-<

How often is a lottery held?

It was a glitch and probably removed at last update.
and as far as i remember, lottery holds 3 days in one week.

#240557 - 06/17/16 09:43 PM Re: Money tips [Re: Hydra14]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Loc: Cocoa, Florida
Well, that's a shame. I could have used a decent break.

#240558 - 06/17/16 09:47 PM Re: Money tips [Re: Scully]
Hydra14 Offline
Consigliere

It's not surely removed, maybe you performed glitch wrongly?

Edited by Hydra14 (06/17/16 09:47 PM)

#240560 - 06/18/16 02:13 AM Re: Money tips [Re: Hydra14]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The exploit was removed in a previous update. There's a fantastic Help Center article that was written by Avatrix that should help with ways to make money in the game.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#240565 - 06/18/16 01:01 PM Re: Money tips [Re: tygerkittn]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Originally Posted By: tygerkittn
I bought cheap clothes and replaced the expensive clothes the townspeople were wearing, and sold the expensive clothes. Trading a collared shirt for a screen printed tee shirt brings a profit of $300+.
On the other hand, if you like the cute outfits in the store, you may as well put them on the townspeople, because they're there forever, unlike the temporary mayor. I do switch my mayor to a cheap nightgown or jammies just before retirement, the one piece for 129 coins is cheaper than a whole outfit.
Also, only buy apple trees, because you can get golden apples. I've had as many as three in one day. There is no advantage to orange and pear trees, and the pears are really hard to see against the grass.

How do you change the townies clothes?

#240569 - 06/18/16 08:54 PM Re: Money tips [Re: Simsane]
tygerkittn Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Simsane
Originally Posted By: tygerkittn
I bought cheap clothes and replaced the expensive clothes the townspeople were wearing, and sold the expensive clothes. Trading a collared shirt for a screen printed tee shirt brings a profit of $300+.
On the other hand, if you like the cute outfits in the store, you may as well put them on the townspeople, because they're there forever, unlike the temporary mayor. I do switch my mayor to a cheap nightgown or jammies just before retirement, the one piece for 129 coins is cheaper than a whole outfit.
Also, only buy apple trees, because you can get golden apples. I've had as many as three in one day. There is no advantage to orange and pear trees, and the pears are really hard to see against the grass.

How do you change the townies clothes?

Just drop it on them, but make sure they're not near the mayor or he'll get them, and don't try it while they're running, I had a couple of outfits just disappear!

#240571 - 06/19/16 12:23 AM Re: Money tips [Re: tygerkittn]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
So, the clothes are in the mayor's inventory. Click on, say, a men's shirt then on one of the male townies? Whatever shirt that townie is wearing will appear in my mayor's inventory?

Oh, and thank you for helping!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter