Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 207 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#238653 - 12/25/15 05:43 AM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Zia]
Salted8 Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
For anyone who has played Harvest Moon, it's like a mixture of old LDW games and Harvest moon. Or Animal Crossing, but haven't played that game as much... I think it's pretty cool so far. It scares me that I have yet to find a pause button I can fall back on, but at least I don't have to worry about peeps starving, just having no new mayor legacy. Different than anything I've seen in the apostore... I've actually been waiting for a game like this to reach the Appstore for awhile.

Edited by Salted8 (12/25/15 05:48 AM)

#238659 - 12/26/15 03:26 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Salted8]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Actually, if you plan to be away from the game for many days and don't plant enough food, there is a possibility that one of the townsfolk could starve. Mrs. Mottershead should have mentioned that during the early part of the game. There are ways to prevent that, though, with a little advance planning. laugh

You're right, there is no pause (yet) in Virtual Town. We are considering adding that to the game, since all of our other games have a pause function. It's not simple to do, though, since Virtual Town is a much more complex game. We're not promising it will happen, but we're looking at it.

#238661 - 12/27/15 03:19 AM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: LadyCFII]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Hi! First off, great game so far! I had my doubts, but as always LDW shows how truly talented they are smile

Secondly, I am playing VT on my iPhone and earlier had harvested enough veggies to keep my town running for 6 days (or so it said) having up to about 12-15 of each crop, but when I checked back a few minutes ago I only had 1 or 2 in all... (with the red exclamation point over the cornucopia) would this be a bug or did they perhaps get the munchies?

Great work on the game!

#238667 - 12/27/15 03:16 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Nora Willow]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We're very happy that you're enjoying Virtual Town!

You don't need to harvest the food that you plant if you don't want to. The townsfolk will help themselves to the food you planted around the town when they're hungry, just as the peeps in VV and VF do. You'll need to make sure that there is always sufficient fruit or veggies planted, so they don't run out of food.

If you do harvest and sell the food, the townsfolk can obtain the food you sold at the General Store, but only on the day you sold it. It is profitable to sell food, but you also need to make sure that you sell enough food each day to feed all of the townsfolk, or they will go hungry and begin to starve.

#238670 - 12/27/15 03:26 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: LadyCFII]
May0502 Offline

LadyCFII sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I'm not sure what generation my iPod is. But I'm pretty sure it is older than generation 5. Thank you for helping me.

#238671 - 12/27/15 07:12 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: May0502]
JoyLynn Offline
Trainee

Loc: Dallas, TX
Is there a trick to adding the fountains? I try to place it but I just lay it down and can pick it up.... If there is a trick and I need to figure it out, I'm good with that answer too smile

Edited by JoyLynn (12/27/15 07:12 PM)

#238672 - 12/27/15 08:16 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: JoyLynn]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

There are places that you cannot put a fountain, notably in the center of Town Square which is where everyone wants to put it! grin If you can't place it, the banner message across the top will say "You cannot place that here!" and there will be a red "Cancel" button on the left side of the screen. (If the Cancel button doesn't work, drag the fountain to a place where it is okay, then the Cancel button will work.) My example is with a streetlight, not a fountain.

If it's in a legal place, the top banner will say "Placing New Feature." and on the left side of the screen you will have three buttons: a green one saying "Tap Here to Confirm Position", another green circle with arrows that rotates the item, and the red Cancel button. Tap the one that says Tap Here to Confirm Position if you are satisfied with the position AND rotation of the item.

The first time I placed a Butterfly Crossing sign, I didn't know to rotate it so I ended up looking at the back of the sign. Unfortunately, once an item is placed it can't be moved (wishlist!) so be sure you like the placement.

#238688 - 12/29/15 01:02 AM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: JoyLynn]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
You have to tap the scroll in your inventory, JoyLynn, before you can start to place it (see Aviatrix's screen captures).
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#238689 - 12/29/15 01:25 AM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Xay]
JoyLynn Offline
Trainee

Loc: Dallas, TX
Thank you, I kept dragging it out :-) all better the fountain has been placed!!

#238699 - 12/30/15 03:06 PM Re: Thoughts on Virtual Town so far? [Re: Aviatrix]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Originally Posted By: Aviatrix

The first time I placed a Butterfly Crossing sign, I didn't know to rotate it so I ended up looking at the back of the sign. Unfortunately, once an item is placed it can't be moved (wishlist!) so be sure you like the placement.

Yes, an item can't be moved frown You can only demolish it and then you have to buy it again to place it right wink

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter