Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Who else is excited for Virtual Villagers 6?
by Hydra14
02/28/24 08:22 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos, M0kkinz, Golzy
30708 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30708 Members
76 Forums
19380 Topics
186926 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237943 - 02/13/15 07:26 AM Stick people
Laurelee Offline

Is there any way to run VV2 in a windowed mode or with a different graphics setting to make the graphics not so "stretched" that your tribe looks like their heads pop off their skinny bodies? You can't even pick them up to make them do things. I'm playing on a Galaxy 2 10" tablet.

#237949 - 02/13/15 08:24 PM Re: Stick people [Re: Laurelee]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello Laurelee, I am very sorry that you are having this problem with your game. It appears that the game is not being properly sized by the Android OS on your device. There are hundreds of different screen sizes and aspect ratios available on the Android platform, and we do our best to make sure that our games conform to the Android specifications that will scale properly on most devices. If you don’t mind my asking, are you playing the Free Demo version or the Full version?

#237958 - 02/17/15 01:02 PM Re: Stick people [Re: MissKathy]
efem Offline

I have the same issue with the free version of the game on the Nexus 7 (2013).

#238351 - 08/16/15 09:57 PM Re: Stick people [Re: efem]
MargB Offline

I am having this same problem on my Android tablet, using the paid version of VV2, although VV Origins (paid version) works fine. I tried the free version of VV4, and it has the same problem. Are there any plans to fix this problem, or should I ask for a refund?

#238353 - 08/17/15 10:16 PM Re: Stick people [Re: MargB]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Unfortunately, there are hundreds of different screen sizes and aspect ratios available on the Android platform, and we do our best to make sure that our games conform to the Android specifications that will scale properly on most devices, but it would be virtually impossible for us, being a small family run game studio, to make certain every game displays properly on every single device out there.

Please fill out a support request on our Help Desk. I'm asking you to do that because we'll need to get your purchase details, which I cannot do over the forums.

Once you've filled that out, I'll be happy to assist you further. Please put in the message section that you've come over from the forums, so that I can make certain that it's you. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#238354 - 08/19/15 09:12 PM Re: Stick people [Re: Xay]
MargB Offline

I can imagine the nightmare it must be to make any program or app compatible with all types of tablets and phones. I'm just glad origins works! I will fill out a support request as suggested. Thank you for your help, and thanks for great games. I hope you will make more VV games available for android, and it would be great to see a VV 6 for all platforms.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter