Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 182 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 14 of 23 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#219010 - 03/03/10 12:16 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: krazykat]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Loc: Cocoa, Florida
Oh, forgot to mention...one of the broken huts took 4 days to repair, with 6 Building Masters working on it. Is one of them supposed to be exceptionally difficult, or was this another bug?

#219014 - 03/03/10 12:48 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: PinkNailPolish]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
PinkNailPolish,
I stand corrected. I see LadyCFII has the issue under review! smile

It is still possible to 'purposely' get a villager stuck anywhere as you can see

I have completely forgotten how to use the file manager, I don't know how many times I tried and still couldn't get it to work. I checked FAQ, but honestly that wasn't much help either. I'm just too dense where it counts. laugh

#219032 - 03/03/10 03:28 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: swedane]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Swedane: We are spending more time working on where peeps get stuck on their own than we are on places that the player can stick them. Use those places while you can! laugh You can see how to use the File Manager at the end of this post.

Scully: We understand that there are issues with the nursing timer, and they are being reviewed. Each housing hut is a longer project than the previous one; that's working as designed.

Altaira: It would be very helpful if you could supply a crash report from your Mac. Without a crash report, we probably can't determine what caused the crash.

#219037 - 03/03/10 04:31 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Mishileena]
SarahSmile Offline
Adviser

Loc: Arcata, CA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mishileena
I have discovered a small "glitch"...I have a teacher who is highly adept in most and master in everything else, problem is that the children are only learning to farm frown...I am at the point in the game where I have plenty of food and really don't need that many farmers. SO my question is there a way to change what they learn or am I stuck with this. I haven't tried another teacher as of yet (thinking I should) I will let you know if this changes anything smile

Mishileena

***Update....changed teachers and they are still only learning farming....Hmmmmmmm. This must be a bug :(*******

I have seen them learn farming and building, but nothing else yet.

#219044 - 03/03/10 05:15 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: LadyCFII]
Scully Offline
Adviser

Loc: Cocoa, Florida
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Scully: We understand that there are issues with the nursing timer, and they are being reviewed. Each housing hut is a longer project than the previous one; that's working as designed.

The previous hut took 4 hours to finish...the next one took 4 days. That seemed like a LOT longer than it should have been. That's why I reported it as a bug.

#219057 - 03/03/10 09:30 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: SarahSmile]
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
Originally Posted By: SarahSmile
Originally Posted By: Mishileena
I have discovered a small "glitch"...I have a teacher who is highly adept in most and master in everything else, problem is that the children are only learning to farm frown...I am at the point in the game where I have plenty of food and really don't need that many farmers. SO my question is there a way to change what they learn or am I stuck with this. I haven't tried another teacher as of yet (thinking I should) I will let you know if this changes anything smile

Mishileena

***Update....changed teachers and they are still only learning farming....Hmmmmmmm. This must be a bug :(*******

I have seen them learn farming and building, but nothing else yet.

Mine mostly learn Research. I've assumed that's because all my teachers are Master Scientists - but maybe it's the nature of the tribe or something.

#219068 - 03/03/10 01:03 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: cnm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Most of mine tend to become scientists or builders as their 'majors'. A few become farmers, and even fewer become doctors. I haven't seen any kid 'graduate' with more than a smidge of parenting skills. By the time they turn 14 all seem to be at least trainees, with a few adepts.

Along with their 'major' they tend to have picked up a little skill in all the others as well. That has only started relatively recently; in the past they would only pick up one skill. I would guess that is because I've been using Scholars almost exclusively to teach.

I've been wondering about why one skill predominates always. I suspect it's because all the teachers, even scholars, have one skill that is their highest, and that's the one they'll pass on the most. Perhaps if we want the kids to learn all the skills equally we will need to keep a faculty of at least five (preferably all Scholars), each member being maxed out in a particular skill.

#219121 - 03/03/10 09:08 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: arnie]
Elf-girl Offline
Expert

Loc: I move too fast to know
I don't have the time to read through all of this to see if this glitch has been reported, but I did read someone's problem where the game would crash if a villager was placed on the crabs during "pause". The same thing happened to my sister and I; it also happens with the herbs. If we set a villager on the herbs when the game is paused, the game will crash.

#219127 - 03/03/10 09:23 PM Re: Bug reporting [Re: Elf-girl]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Elf-girl, please see this post for LadyCFII's answer smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#219180 - 03/04/10 04:53 AM Re: Bug reporting [Re: krazykat]
Llulabell Offline
Adviser

Loc: Darlington, SC
Originally Posted By: krazykat
I don't know if it's a bug or something I'm missing... all puzzles done, max population at 90, but there's a trophy for population of 100?

There is a way to earn that trophy as you go further in the game.

Click to reveal..
Your max population increases as you complete the groups of collectibles.

Page 14 of 23 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter