Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 164 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#226426 - 01/02/11 05:15 PM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: sherilee2004]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We found a bug in the game that didn't get fixed until a few hours after the game was released. We fixed and replaced the game quickly, but if you purchased the game within a few hours after it was released, your copy of the game may have that bug. Unfortunately, downloading and installing the updated version won't correct that bug, since the condition is stored in your savegame file. We are working on a way to restore that puzzle in affected games without having to delete everything and start over. We will be notifying affected players when we have a working fix. We sincerely apologize for not catching this sooner.

#226428 - 01/02/11 05:32 PM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
sherilee2004 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
If I was to uninstall and reinstall and start over would that fix it?

#226434 - 01/02/11 06:21 PM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: sherilee2004]
Unicorn

Yes, there are actually a couple of things you can do, if you don't mind starting over. The first is to uninstall the game (leaving the savegame files intact - you might want to back them up first, just in case), then re-download and install the free trial (assuming that you're playing the Windows version). Next, launch VV5 and pause the game that you're playing in the first player slot (to preserve it in case you want to continue it after the fix is available). Once the game is paused, go to the Menu, click Change Player, and start a new game in another player slot. The new game should have the heathen mommy puzzle working properly.

If, for some reason, that doesn't resolve the situation, or if you don't want to preserve your existing game, you can completely uninstall the game, delete everything in your savegame folder (located in \My Documents\LDW\Virtual Villagers - New Believers), re-download the game and start completely fresh.

Let us know if you have any trouble with this workaround.

#226444 - 01/02/11 08:46 PM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
Zuleika Offline

I don't have a heathen mommy either. I didn't buy the game until after it had been out a couple of days, so supposedly after the fix. I'm playing the Mac version.

#226447 - 01/02/11 09:07 PM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Zuleika]
Unicorn

If you started with the Mac demo, you will have the problem if you continued to play the games that you started with the demo. The Mac demo did not get the fix.

#226450 - 01/02/11 09:34 PM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: LadyCFII]
sherilee2004 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
That worked great for me smile Ty

#226459 - 01/02/11 11:30 PM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: sherilee2004]
Zuleika Offline

Hey, that's not cool. Hope that when you figure out a way to restore the puzzle, you'll do it for those of us on a Mac, too. We Mac users hate to be the red-headed step-child...

#226462 - 01/03/11 12:20 AM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Zuleika]
Unicorn

The full Mac version was fixed; it was only the Mac demo that was not, but we're in the process of correcting that oversight, as well.

#226463 - 01/03/11 12:28 AM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Zuleika]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Zuleika. I am also on a Mac and I basically followed LadyCFII suggestion for a workaround: I deleted the original application (but kept the saveGame files intact) and downloaded the fixed application. When I opened the game that I had already been playing there was no heathen mommy. So I paused that game and started a new game in another slot (you can have 5 games in progress at the same time). That new game has a heathen mommy.

When the developers come up with a way to restore the heathen mommy puzzle I will be able to download the fix and unpause my first game if I want to. It's not likely that I will though, because I learned so much from the first game that I was able to make better decisions for my villagers in my second game. smile

Note: Barbara, I see you replied before I was done. Feel free to delete my post if it isn't helpful. smile

Edited by MissKathy (01/03/11 12:32 AM)
Edit Reason: Added note

#226469 - 01/03/11 01:12 AM Re: Heathen Mommy (Possible Spoilers) [Re: MissKathy]
RoseArienh Offline
Trainee

I'm glad I read this.

Click to reveal..
I am at the point where all heathens wearing blue masks, all four masters and the chief have been converted.

I never had a heathen mommy, so I suspect I bought the game before the problem was corrected.

I have only one puzzle left to solve. My thought is that I should just wait for the fix and continue to learn with this tribe.

Am I correct in thinking this would probably not take very long?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter