Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 164 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#228665 - 02/12/11 05:58 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: LadyCFII]
VLGRFN Offline
Trainee

Loc: Under the Banana Leaf
The male also had the same amount of skill when he started improving. It looked like it was an inherited skill because it was such a minute amount. They were both the same age. That's the kicker. I even checked their likes and dislikes to see if something was holding up 'my parade', but his only said he disliked snakes. Hers, as shown, says dislikes sunlight. :-(

BTW, he's a master devotee now, and she's still trying. LOL!

Edited by VLGRFN (02/12/11 05:59 PM)
Edit Reason: add comment

#228672 - 02/13/11 12:49 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: VLGRFN]
VVCX Offline
Expert

villagers gain skills at different speed, some of my villagers are masters at 15 and some are adept at 17-18.

#228782 - 02/16/11 08:04 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: LeeBeeG]
perky442 Offline

Click to reveal..
Have a master Devotee teach at the school also in the detail make sure devotion is checked on the kids that you want to learn it. This way if you put more than one master witch I do they learn devotion opposed to say farming.

#228986 - 02/23/11 02:49 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: LadyCFII]
JackiDance Offline
Trainee

Loc: Delaware, USA
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
You didn't mention how much devotion skill the other villager started with, but I see that Yasawa has a minimal amount of devotion skill. Villagers will not reliably perform a skill on their own unless they are at least trainees in that skill. While some peeps may choose to work in that skill with only a small amount of experience, most will not.

how then can one teach a master in everything else to be a devotee trainee?
I have tried and tried to get them to "honor" but no luck. what do i do now that everything is done and I am just trying to make these four masters in everything???

#228987 - 02/23/11 02:51 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: keri]
JackiDance Offline
Trainee

Loc: Delaware, USA
Originally Posted By: keri
I can't figure out a way to "train" someone in devotion other than at the start when you have the ability to convert heathens and can get a little training started that way. Has anyone figured out a way to get training started if there is no heathen left to convert?

nope and we are in the same boat...so PLEASE if anyone discovers a way to get them training in devotion, will you let us all know?????

#228988 - 02/23/11 03:07 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: JackiDance]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
Some of my villagers needed several childhoods to finally reach a level where they would honor on their own and start gaining skill. Once they were trained in everything else, I set them to Devotion and would grant Youth every time they reached age 14. After several times they had finally gained enough skill. Obviously, you need a Master Devotee teaching at the school, too.

Sometimes events will give them Devotion skill.

#229004 - 02/24/11 09:09 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
VVCX Offline
Expert

only way to get devotion skill after all blue masks have been converted is check devotion skill and put villager to polish statue (and hope that he/she gains devotion) and having JOAT (like retired chief) teaching at nursery so some kids can get devotion skill (if they have any skills on devotion and are interested on it) and of course parentin master/adept devotees.

i have on my game alot devotees and more comes after nursing since most devotees i have and will get are females.

of course certain events give devotion skill or more blue masks.

#229106 - 03/05/11 04:05 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: LeeBeeG]
tinayoung Offline

I HAVE COMPLETED EVERYTHING, & HAVE CONVERTED ALL THE HEATHENS! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO TRAIN SOMEONE IN DEVOTION? I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!

#229118 - 03/06/11 12:42 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: tinayoung]
smjjames Offline
Expert

@Tina: You'll have to have the adults teach at the nursery, as long as the kids have a tiny amount of skill under devotion when they reach 14, they'll be able to learn further. It may take some coaxing though to get them started.

Edited by smjjames (03/06/11 02:08 AM)
Edit Reason: made some clarification

#229138 - 03/08/11 12:27 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: smjjames]
VVCX Offline
Expert

if you don't have any female adult whois at least trainee/adept devotee then w/o getting more heathens it won't be easy to get devotion skill.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter