Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#226892 - 01/06/11 06:32 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: LeeBeeG]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Not sure if this is considered spoiler but better safe than not, right?

Click to reveal..
i am at a loss also. i built all buildings, bought all 3rd level skills and have a BUNCH of guys that have no devotion whatsoever and no more blue guys to convert! i solved all the puzzles including mama heathen, collected all the collectables Chief has been changed to worshipping the hand and i tried dropping him on the remaining yellow and red masked heathens - with no affect - and cannot figure out how to make a believer earn devotion points... i ended up with 4 villagers total at devotion 100% but now no others at all, well a few with bare minimum devotion level... Hmmm, wait up, i got a scathingly brilliant idea... will follow up tomorrow morning after some Z's and a new attempt. i also may have messed up cuz with my new "YOUNG" God power i turned my old chief into a bumbling 5 year old with all his skills intact! <G>

#226899 - 01/06/11 07:37 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: OptiTron]
OkieD Offline

Click to reveal..
The only way I have figured out is to pass the skill on to the children (as in paremts pass skills to off spring) and they get more in school, so they can become Masters.

#226909 - 01/06/11 01:19 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: OptiTron]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Click to reveal..
The only way that peeps can get any Devotion skills if there are no more blue-masks to convert is by learning it in the nursery. I suggest that someone who is a Master Devotee is used as the teacher;
Click to reveal..
the converted heathen chief is ideal for that.
They can increase Devotion skills by "honoring", but you can't train a villager to do that; they have to initiate it themselves, and they will only do that if they already have some skill.

#226995 - 01/07/11 03:50 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: arnie]
VLGRFN Offline
Trainee

Loc: Under the Banana Leaf
I dropped a Believer with 100% faith on the Statue and a NOTICE came up that had to do with
Click to reveal..
polishing the statue
but it disappeared before I could read it all. What does this do to a Believer's skills? Thanks!!

#226997 - 01/07/11 04:11 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: VLGRFN]
skipper45mn Offline
Expert

Loc: minnesota
Nothing will increase building skills polishing the statue is how you train builders once all the buildings are complete along with fixing huts

#227031 - 01/07/11 11:13 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: skipper45mn]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
That's all right, but ...

Click to reveal..
If you have a villager with devotion skill (the more the better), set the skill of this villager on "Devotion" and put him/her to the statue - he/she will polish the statue and gain building skill, but sometimes he/she will honor the statue and will gain devotion skill. I've got two masters in this way smile

#228144 - 01/28/11 01:09 AM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: arnie]
ILSherry Offline

Loc: IL
I have been very conservative in converting the heathens because I was afraid there wouldn't be enough. One way to get or increase devotion skill.
Click to reveal..
If your peep has any devotion skill you can increase it by dropping him/her into the lake, provided the lake has not been revived. Dropping your person into the lake causes them to decide to do something: walk along the stream, eat, study , build, OR HONOR. When the caption says honoring, they will go to the statute. If they need to go again, just drop the peep back into the lake until they decide to honor. After they have been in the lake a couple of times they are usually trainees and will continue to gain devotion skills. It's how I have gotten most of my masters.

If they don't have any devotion skill and dropping them in the lake doesn't work, then I will have them talk to a heathen.

I haven't revived the lake yet, I'm just using the hand of bloom to keep the garden going. I just realized you can probably just drop them in place and you wouldn't need to use the lake. I'm off to see if that works.

The other way is to set both parents skills to devotion before they embrace. Hope this helps.

#228188 - 01/29/11 11:54 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: ILSherry]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
I'm not sure if my reply will have spoilers but to be safe I've used the spoiler option anyhow.
Click to reveal..
I recently trained 5 villagers in Devotion. I decided that dropping them by the statue seemed to be the only way to do it since I have already converted all the "Heathens". I always look at the skills screen of my "kids" to see what skill they seem to be drifting towards. If any one of them is leaning towards devotion I put the checkmark by that skill no matter how young they are. Once the kid reaches working age, I drop them by the statue. Now you're going to get the "polishing the statue" message but that's okay. I got the same message but decided to keep them polishing the statue anyhow. Even if they stray away from the staute and "aren't sure what to do" I just dropped them by the statue again. I did nothing else but let the game run and checked on them from time to time. Now all 5 of them have mastered "Devotion" and 3 of them have also mastered "Building" as well!! We all know that some skills from the parents can be passed on to their kids so it doesn't hurt to have your "Devotion" trained villagers have kids. I'm not sure but I think that when they are polishing the staute they must also do some "honoring" somewhere in there as well.
Hope this helps!!

#228661 - 02/12/11 03:56 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: arnie]
VLGRFN Offline
Trainee

Loc: Under the Banana Leaf
Hi Arnie,
RE: your post "They can increase Devotion skills by "honoring", but you can't train a villager to do that; they have to initiate it themselves, and they will only do that if they already have some skill." ......
I had two villagers with an inherited amount of Devotion skill. I made them both Devotees, and they honor on their own, and for about the same amount of time -- however, while one's skill is increasing (now an Adept Devotee at the halfway mark), the other still is showing 'untrained'. Why is one villager improving and the other not? Hers hasn't changed in 6 hours (fast speed) and I've watched her go to the statue numerous times. Same with him. They both have been devotees for 2 game years. Neither have had Time Warp or Grant Youth used on them. Is this a bug?

Attachments
vv issue - gaining no devotion skill.gif

Description: not gaining skill, although honors on her own

#228664 - 02/12/11 05:26 PM Re: Devotion Skills - Possible spoiler [Re: VLGRFN]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You didn't mention how much devotion skill the other villager started with, but I see that Yasawa has a minimal amount of devotion skill. Villagers will not reliably perform a skill on their own unless they are at least trainees in that skill. While some peeps may choose to work in that skill with only a small amount of experience, most will not.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter