Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237160 - 05/11/14 05:08 AM Virtual Villagers 4: Babies
pinkneon Offline

Whenever I try to drag a villager onto another villager to make babies, the game shuts down and my device goes to the home menu. When I re-open the game, it restarts from when I first opened it. I don't know how to fix it and if I don't I won't be able to get more villagers. I don't want to un-install it because I don't want to lose my progress. What should I do?

Edited by pinkneon (05/11/14 05:09 AM)

#237161 - 05/11/14 05:51 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: Babies [Re: pinkneon]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
What device are you using?

#237162 - 05/11/14 01:14 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: Babies [Re: arnie]
pinkneon Offline

Nook HD.

#237163 - 05/11/14 01:20 PM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: Babies [Re: pinkneon]
pinkneon Offline

Now I can't even open it without it immediately shutting back down. I might have to uninstall it after all...

#237166 - 05/12/14 12:07 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: Babies [Re: pinkneon]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce this crash on our test devices, and we have not determined the exact cause of the crash. However, the free version of Virtual Villagers 4: The Tree of Life is limited to a maximum population of 9 villagers, and it appears to be crashing after it reaches that limit. Until we are able to find and fix this bug, you should keep the population of your tribe at a maximum of 8 villagers to avoid the crash (and make sure that no villagers have a checkmark next to Parenting on their details screen, so that no baby villagers are created without your direct involvement).

If you are unable to open the game at all, the issue may resolve itself and allow you to open the game again once the population has dropped below 9 villagers (due to aging and attrition). If this doesn't happen, the only option may be to delete and reinstall the game. Please note that everything in the game will be deleted, and you will need to start all over from the beginning.

This crash only occurs on the free version, and doesn't occur on the full, paid version of the game. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this causes, and we recommend the action described above to avoid the problem until such time as a fix is available. Please note that we are a small family run game studio, and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237167 - 05/12/14 01:50 AM Re: Virtual Villagers 4: Babies [Re: Xay]
pinkneon Offline

Alright. Thanks.

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter