I have spent the past year playing the MOTHER OF ALL BREEDING GAMES: Before I mention the name, I just need to let it be known that I'm almost 38 years old. Ok...lol just saying. Its the Pokemon series & oh my gosh!! I don't know how I ever made it this far in my (gaming) life without having discovered it. Til about 10 months ago. In this less than one year I have managed to rack up .. um... I'm not saying but there is one game called Pokemon Platinum - 900 hours.

That's NINE HUNDRED real time hours. Mostly breeding & hatching eggs & that sort of thing. I could explain but basically its just...its amazing. There are the 718 different breeds of Pokemon & then just like with games such as FT & whatnot, there are the inherited traits such as color or species.
But they add on SO much more - abilities, hidden abilities, evolved forms, moves, speed, attack, defense...So that's how the 900 hours plus about 200 on each of 3 other games.

I just wanted to ask that question but while in here my conscience does not let me leave without at least Trying to convince someone to try the games out. They're for the Nintendo DS, DSI, DS Lite & 2DS or 3DS systems.
Unbelievably worth it.