Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#236957 - 03/10/14 06:15 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Sounds like you did, indeed, have a busy weekend! A nice one too. smile. I checked, but wasn't upset at the lack of response, I figured you would once the weekend was over.

I haven't started a new game yet. I might see if I can get the other 2 magic fish first then start a new game. I was playing around after buying one batch of each type of eggs and ended up making magic fish number seven, lol! Didn't do it on purpose so was surprised when I saw them.

I've been thinking about selling off numbers one through four and just having the number sevens to keep the money coming in while I just play around with different combinations. Boy, catfish are sure UGLY, aren't they?! Lol!

Edited by Simsane (03/10/14 06:16 PM)

#236960 - 03/11/14 03:42 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: Simsane]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Magic fish number 7 is the primary fish species swimming around in my tanks. It's very handy for accumulating enough cash to purchase anything I want (including a bunch of growth hormone for those impatient times)! laugh

You might as well play around with your current game and take advantage of the opportunity to explore more species. Enjoy some of that money!

Yes, catfish are ugly! You won't find many of them in my tanks! wink

#236966 - 03/15/14 12:26 AM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

Just a quick note to let you know that my tanks are on Stopped Time cause I've been busy lately. Although, before I put them on pause, I was randomly having the game close out as soon as I tried to sell and when I'd go back in, I would have to re-do picking out which ones to sell, get pregnant, etc. Anyway, I probably won't have time to get back to it until next Wednesday or so.

#236969 - 03/15/14 07:40 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: Simsane]
Unicorn

Thanks for the update. I'll have a few more questions for you and a couple of things for you to try, once you're ready to resume play.

#236996 - 03/19/14 07:21 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

O.k., my life has slowed back down again for now, what do you want me to try? My game is still paused.

I would actually like to start a new game and write everything down, but down deep I know I probably wouldn't follow through on doing that. I'd start out fine, but end up playing without bothering to write it all down. I am willing to try though.

Well, I'll leave it paused until after you have a chance to let me know what to try. No rush. smile

#236997 - 03/19/14 11:11 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: Simsane]
Unicorn

Actually, it would probably be the most helpful if you continue to play your current game and see if the glitch in the game returns. You'd certainly enjoy that path more than trying, quite possibly in vain, to find the exact set of circumstances that caused it.

If you really want to start a new game, you could certainly do that. You never know whether you'll run into the problem again until you try. smile

#236998 - 03/20/14 12:11 AM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

Ok, I'll just keep playing for now. I have had the problem several times where as soon as I hit the Sell Fish screen, it closed the game and when I opened it back up, I had to choose which ones to sell again, which ones to get pregnant again, etc.

I have learned that after it closes on me, I must tap the icon at the bottom of my screen that shows everything that has been opened. Then hit the clear at the top. Even if the ONLY thing showing is Fish Tycoon.

When I do that, then tap to play again, I see the LDW screen for a couple of seconds before I see the fish tanks. Then I can go ahead and move fish from tanks 1 and 2 into the Sale Tank, get certain ones left in tanks 1 and 2 pregnant, and then sell the ones in the Sale Tank without having the game crash on me.

But before I uninstalled and reinstalled, it was working to clear the cache for a while too. After a while though, the game would crash as soon as I tried to sell no matter what I did.

Anyway, I have definitely come to appreciate why this has been so hard for you guys to find and fix. Maybe it is Nook's fault, but then it's also the fault of several other Android devices as well. frown

#237002 - 03/20/14 04:41 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: Simsane]
Unicorn

Just in case it might help, I want to explain a bit about why you often have to redo things after a crash and give you some tips on how to avoid the annoyance of losing a few minutes of game play.

Anytime an app crashes, it's a very ungraceful event, and the app doesn't have a chance to save anything as it is abruptly terminated. This means that when you start it up again, it will load the data from the last time the app was saved. In the case of Fish Tycoon, the app is programmed to automatically save game progress every 10 minutes, along with another save when you close the game. If a crash occurs soon after a save point, you won't have to redo very much, but if it's been nearly 10 minutes since the last save, you will have to go back and redo much more of your recent game play.

To avoid that annoyance, when you're playing the game in a situation where you might run into crashes, the best thing to do is close the game just before you do something that has been known to cause crashes. That way, your game is saved at exactly the point you desire. Now you can open the game again and do the "dangerous" thing, knowing that if the game crashes, you can start right back up where you left off.

That little tidbit can come in handy at times! laugh

#237003 - 03/20/14 06:38 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: LadyCFII]
Simsane Offline
Master

smile Thank you! I actually noticed that myself. It was accidental at first -- I had just finished moving fish into the Sell Tank and getting the ones pregnant that I wanted to be pregnant and had to get up to do something else so I exited the game. Later when I came back in to sell (without remembering to first clear the Recent items) it crashed. When I went back in, everything was still how I wanted it to be.

I wasn't positive that was why, but after what you just wrote, now I am. Thank you. smile

#237004 - 03/20/14 07:11 PM Re: Android Fish Tycoon [Re: Simsane]
Unicorn

We're always glad to explain things (well... if we can explain them, that is. laugh )!

Please let us know how things are going from time to time. I have yet to see that crash in any of my games. eek

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter