Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#236793 - 01/07/14 07:03 AM flea market empty for a month now..th
Cassieann Offline

My flea market has been empty for a month,I did the update for vfam 2 . I think my game glitched. I am able to play without internet, on my tablet. I don't get any of the random events at all.

#236794 - 01/07/14 10:03 AM Re: flea market empty for a month now..th [Re: Cassieann]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Hi Cassieann,

That does sound odd. Usually in cases where the flea market isn't updating and/or events aren't occurring it's down to a problem with your device's clock. Is your tablet showing the correct date and time? It's not showing the year as 2013 perhaps? confused

You mention an update; is that the holiday update (v.1.4.0)?

#236795 - 01/07/14 02:46 PM Re: flea market empty for a month now..th [Re: arnie]
Cassieann Offline

Hello Arnie,

Thanks for answering my post. Yes the update I'm referring to is the holiday update.my date and time is correct. But I can set my date and time . Should I uninstall if so will I lose everything?

#236796 - 01/08/14 06:21 AM Re: flea market empty for a month now..th [Re: Cassieann]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hello Cassieann. smile I'm sorry you're having trouble with your flea market and random game events. Were you having this issue before the 1.4.0 update and hoped that the update would correct it?

Is it possible that somehow the time settings were temporarily adjusted on your tablet? We have never seen the problem you described, except when the game's internal timers are disrupted by changes in the device's system clock. I'm going to point you to a thread where an iOS player was having a similar issue and what LadyCFII advised. Please click/tap here.

As you've discovered, once you've downloaded VF2, an internet connection is not necessary to play. smile

#236797 - 01/08/14 06:49 AM Re: flea market empty for a month now..th [Re: MissKathy]
Cassieann Offline

Hello miss Kathy, I moved my time forward and backwards often and the only thing that post suggest is to wait....... any other advice?

#236798 - 01/08/14 07:14 AM Re: flea market empty for a month now..th [Re: Cassieann]
Lead Tester

I'm sorry Cassieann, it sounds like waiting isn't much of an option for you since you mentioned that you move time forward and backwards often. Although some players have posted on other websites that adjusting the devices time and date settings is a great way to get coins faster, it's NOT. We highly recommend that players NOT alter their device clock to make their game go faster or to get coins. It prevents the game from running normally, due to the complexities of the game's real-time engine, which requires an accurate clock. Unpredictable results can occur if adjustments are made to the clock, especially moving the clock backwards in time. Different games will respond differently under those circumstances, ranging from minor statistics anomalies to killing whatever is living in the game. VF2 has a much more complex real-time engine than some of our other games, and you're much more likely to see problems with it when adjusting the system clock.

Some problems you may experience are that your little people may not be able to age normally, store areas may not rotate or restock (Sale items, Flea market, Clothing), proposals and email events may no longer arrive, if you hired a maid/gardener they may stop coming to the house (and you won't be able to fire them or hire another one), etc. You've already mentioned experiencing two of those.

If you do decide to uninstall the game and then re-download it, you will lose all the progress you've made, but your game will function normally again. If you have made any In App purchases for coins, they will also be gone. If you purchased Food Club, Health Plan, or Lucky Rock, they can be re-downloaded for free using the same account you used to purchase them.

However, if you choose to continue adjusting your date/time settings, you will encounter the issues again. cry I'm sorry it's not better news.

#236799 - 01/08/14 02:43 PM Re: flea market empty for a month now..th [Re: MissKathy]
Cassieann Offline

Thank you Misskathy! I shall wait. Sigh! No more time moving

#236800 - 01/08/14 08:22 PM Re: flea market empty for a month now..th [Re: Cassieann]
Lead Tester

You're very welcome Cassieann! smile Good luck with your little families!

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter