Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 196 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#236382 - 09/19/13 11:25 AM A Piece Of My Mind
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

This may be a bit long winded, so if you are not a moderator, an admin or a developer you may not want to read this.

Ok, I have only been here a short while, but long enough to see what is going on. I wasn't going to say anything, but I figure hey I paid my money for my games, I am following the rules of posting (although this may be in the wrong place) so I can post what I darn well please. Ok here goes.

I am so very impressed with the Admin and Moderator teams of this forum. This includes those who have the titles as well as those who have just been around a very long time and keep their eyes on things.

Let me tell you why. Back in the day when I was going broke trying to get my own thing off the ground, I had forums going as well. It was VERY difficult to moderate my own forms but I didn't have people like the team here to do it.

Moderating and managing forums is VERY time consuming and not easy work at all. I will NEVER moderate another forum for as long as I live. But, I can't help admiring those who do and do it well.

Here are some very cool things that have prompted me to write this post.

1. When I first joined there was a very cool admin who kept an eye on my posts. My first thought was "Darn right protect your forum. I could be a crazy person. Well a bad crazy person I mean." LOL

2. Soon I began to know that person was also looking out for me, to make sure I was posting in the right place and getting answers to all my questions by pointing me in the direction of previous posts I may have missed.

3. I was just going through the VF1 mods and noticed many moderators and long time forum members actually took their time to collect similar mods and put them on one page to make it easy for members to find what they were looking for. And they did it with PICTURES no less. Wow, I don't even want to think how long it took to do that.

4. Moderators and Admins are very good at making sure posts go in the proper forum. So, if you are looking for the right forum for a post for a long time the way I have done for this one; if you can't figure it out you are confident someone will help you move it to the right location. I can't begin to tell you how valuable that is.

5. Moderators and Admins log in regularly to check things out and to post on topics where needed.

I could go on and on about why I think this team is awesome. But, this post has already gotten to novel length. Suffice it to say I just wanted to say thanks for doing a great job.

Notice I didn't mention any names? That's because I know I would miss someone and that would be unfair. You know who you are so please give yourself a pat on the back.

Attachments
rose2.gif

#236383 - 09/19/13 01:30 PM Re: A Piece Of My Mind [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I agree with pretty much everything you say. All the moderators and admins are very helpful and understanding, especially as the forums cater for a broad range of ages and nationalities, including people whose first language isn't English.

I'm an admin of a forum (rather smaller and quieter than this one) and also a moderator in another so I can appreciate from my own experiences the hard work of everyone.

That work that was done to collate the VF1 mods was awesome!

#236578 - 10/22/13 09:43 PM Re: A Piece Of My Mind [Re: arnie]
frogboy Offline
Expert

You should've seen the forums back when the Shoutbox existed. These forums are like a wasteland now.

Don't get me wrong, I still love LDW games. Just not the forums anymore.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter