Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#99022 - 09/26/07 04:06 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Mac users can easily run the game in a window and switch tasks, just as Windows users can. The one huge difference is that when Plant Tycoon in in the background on a Windows computer, the nursery still operates and customers will continue to buy plants. That's not the case on a Mac.

#99023 - 09/26/07 04:08 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
Huntress Offline

Loc: TX
I like the idea of multiple seeds in a box slot, because I have to keep deleting seeds I don't want to get rid of. I would also love to have the seeds for sale regenerate faster insead of haveing to wait for 24 hrs

#99030 - 09/26/07 04:27 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
sherry3838 Offline

Some very good suggestions, and many I read were things I thought were needed before seeing this thread.

YES, on at least being able to minimize the screen and still sell.
When first starting, and through tier3 the selling process is WAY too long, boring and arduous. I almost trashed the game because of it.

Yes, on stackable seeds! AT least a stack of 5.

other suggestion/wants
the small seed tray from the main does not display the host plants (cross) You have to tab to the seed tray to see it, then back again.
Allow the hosts to be visible from the main seed tray.

2) Display the plant names with the picture of the host plants, on the crosses in the seed trays.

#99045 - 09/26/07 06:06 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: LadyCFII]
Sailorben Offline
Trainee

Thanks, Barbara, for the explanation. That is a huge difference indeed, and I'd certainly vote for a change to the Mac version at least.

Mostly I'd go for upgrades to mechanics, that don't make the game less challenging, just less laborious. For me that might relate more to some in-game checklist(s) of crossbreeding or species, or something like that to reduce outside paperwork.

#99274 - 09/27/07 12:58 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
HOw about a larger family tree visible when you click on a seed. Or at least a picture of what the seed will be if you've already grown that type. Right now the only way to know one seed from another is to save a seed that was self-polinated. But then I don't remember what I did to get it. While I find the finished spreadsheets helpful, I'm horrible about doing that myself. Thank you BTW for those of you diligent enough to go through all that work!
\:\)
Marcey

#99286 - 09/27/07 01:46 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
SWEETEVE46 Offline

Loc: ( AUCKLAND ) NEW ZEALAND
I think thats a good idea for more seed boxs \:\) and also be able to buy more things for the garden to like a upgrade , also i think we should be able to buy pots and shelves like different colours

#99604 - 09/28/07 01:36 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: AtarahPern]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Great idea. As a NeedleWorker, I keep a short history on every piece I work on. I am also an herbist and would love to see not only herbs and vegetables, but trees in the nursery And it would be nice to see Arthur get up and walk about the nursery once in a while. Maybe talk to a pretty girl...

Edited by MochaJew (09/28/07 01:42 PM)

#99606 - 09/28/07 01:39 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: angiejoy
I've already read many ideas for improvements to Plant Tycoon scattered around the forums and thought this would be a good place to pull them all together. For instance, someone suggested he would like to be able to keep multiple copies of a seed in each cell of the seed trays. I certainly think that's a good idea. Someone else complained about the waste of time just hanging out in the nursery waiting for plants to sell. I agree. Maybe that would be a good time to catch more bugs for our collections or program a bargaining algorythmn into the nursery.

By the way, if you came up with either of the above ideas please claim credit for them.

I would like to see expansion packs become available. My favorite would be Herbs and Vegetables so I can grow the largest pumpkins or heirloom tomatoes and we could have a good old fashion State Fair Contest in the forums.

Anyone else have any good ideas out there?

Could I sell one of my quilts at the State Fair?

#99610 - 09/28/07 03:08 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: MochaJew]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
And it would be nice to see Arthur get up and walk about the nursery once in a while.

He seems to be the only one who doesn't seem to do any thinking, as well. Perhaps a thought bubble with a cup of coffee or dollar signs would be appropriate ...

#99619 - 09/28/07 04:17 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: arnie]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:
And it would be nice to see Arthur get up and walk about the nursery once in a while.

He seems to be the only one who doesn't seem to do any thinking, as well. Perhaps a thought bubble with a cup of coffee or dollar signs would be appropriate ...

Good idea 8\)

Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter