Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#236414 - 09/21/13 09:53 PM No children
LisasFolly Offline

Can anyone help me? My peeps can't seem to procreate. My first peeps had a son. He married and they adopted a 3 year old abandoned on their doorstep. He married and he and HIS wife adopted a 3-year-old abandoned on their doorstep. He married, they both died leaving NO issue. I adopted a woman she married, they died with no children. I adopted another peep... she married and they had no children. My peeps have not had enough money for either adoption services or baby boost shots. I adopted another female, she got married this morning... can anyone help me to ensure this couple procreate? My peeps are happy (if not elated). Any suggestions?

#236420 - 09/22/13 05:37 AM Re: No children [Re: LisasFolly]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

LisasFolly if they argue and say it is too soon to have a baby just keep putting them together anyway even if it is 10 times in a row. Also check your furniture and make sure nothing is in their way when you put them together... most of the time they start better in a place with nothing around them and then they walk to the place where they want to get busy. Make sure they are feeling fresh and not hungry or sick. Sometimes with more difficult couples I praise them with the green glove when they are on their way to making a baby. Good luck and please let me know if your little peeps have any babies soon.

#236430 - 09/22/13 08:29 AM Re: No children [Re: austin2010a]
LisasFolly Offline

Thanks for your reply. With my two new peeps, I have been putting them together frequently. They're happy and/or elated, and they've plenty to eat. The missus was a "bit sick ", but I figured out what was ailing her; and didn't try to put them together until she was elated again. If I try to put them together in bed, they are "making the bed". On the couch, they "need to sit down". I've tried to put them on the bed purchased for the children I did have, but then they're "looking for snacks, laundry or something to read. On occasion they've been "waiting for someone", I don't know if that means they're waiting for a wee peep or not. These are the same responses I got with my other peeps, save the first generation. I'll keep trying though, and you'll be the first to know if I'm successful! Sorry I got so wordy...

--------

Austin, I said you'd be the first to know... Cocoa and Rialto had a wee boy peep this morning! Making sure they were fed, fresh and healthy, I put them to bed (though exhausted), and put them together no less than a dozen times until they said they were making a baby. I praised them both and... eureka! Akolo was born--thanks! I never tried putting my peeps together over and over again, one right after the other. Hopefully they'll have a couple more bairns to carry on smile Wishes for a lovely day to you! Lisa.

#236434 - 09/22/13 10:24 AM Re: No children [Re: LisasFolly]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Lisa that is AWESOME news. Major Congratulations to you and the little ones! LOL I was just writing you additional instructions with the image below to let you know the best place to put them is a place with no furniture or items to distract them when my pc went on the blink and I lost the message I was sending you. LOL Good thing now I see the FANTASTIC NEWS.

Oh and one thing about being wordy. Don't worry you can never be too wordy. Have you SEEN some of my posts? I swear they are like short novels. LOL They are so long that I fall asleep trying to proof read them. lol

Attachments
baby1a.jpg

#236436 - 09/22/13 10:46 AM Re: No children [Re: austin2010a]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Yes, I was going to jump in here as well and tell you not to try to put them together on the bed or sofa - you're right, all they'll do is try to make the bed or sit down! Drop them on top of one another away from the furniture. When one says he or she is "waiting for someone" then pick the other one up and drop onto the waiting peep. Just keep after them! Congrats on the new baby peep!

#236439 - 09/23/13 08:18 AM Re: No children [Re: Aviatrix]
LisasFolly Offline

Thank you both... for your help and congrats! Great job with the forum by the way... but I'm fascinated to know what the spiders names are. Or do they prefer to be anonymous?? wink

#236440 - 09/23/13 09:41 AM Re: No children [Re: LisasFolly]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

LOL Lisa funny you should ask that. For the longest time I tried to figure out who the spiders were and what that meant. Then I realized that I must be the spider when I noticed there were 33 guest online and 1 spider.

I figured since I am registered and not a guest, I must have chosen not to show when I am online in my settings and I suppose the system counts me as a spider. Yeeewwww! I hate spiders... ironic that I have now turned into one. LOL

The strange thing though is sometimes it will show the names of other registered people, then 1 invisible person (who I assume is me) and still show 1 or 2 spiders.

For example now it shows "1 registered (1 invisible), 6 Guests and 1 Spider online." Hmmm if I am the invisible one then I don't know if I am also the spider or not. I guess a Moderator could tell us more about this.

Edited by austin2010a (09/23/13 09:54 AM)
Edit Reason: added content

#236441 - 09/23/13 10:08 AM Re: No children [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The spiders are "bots" sent out by search engines to index pages on the web. You can see more details on the Who is online page, which shows what the various visitors are reading. At the bottom it gives details of the search spiders (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.)

If you don't want what you are reading to show up you can choose to be "invisible" when you log in; I've never seen any point, personally, but obviously some people are more self-concious. "Guests" are visitors who haven't logged in.

#236442 - 09/23/13 10:25 AM Re: No children [Re: arnie]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Weeeeeeeee Arnie thank you so much for explaining this. Thank goodness I am not a spider! I am invisible however. But, it is not because I am shy. Anyone who has ever read a post of mine can tell I am soooooooooooo not shy. LOL

I usually choose to be invisible on forums at least until I get the full swing of things because I am afraid a new person or maybe even a guest, if possible, will click on my name to ask me a question I will have no way of answering correctly. LOL

I would hate for someone to ask me a question only to receive "uhhhh, ummmm, I dunno" as a reply. So, to avoid this I just stay in the shadows. :-)

Arnie, thanks again for clearing this up. :-)

#236444 - 09/23/13 01:24 PM Re: No children [Re: austin2010a]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You needn't worry about guests contacting you, since only registered users can post or send messages (or even search the forums, for that matter). However, being invisible only prevents you from being displayed in the "Who's Online" list. It doesn't prevent registered users from contacting you by clicking your name. If you don't want people to send you private messages, you'll need to change your Preferences (the same screen where you control being invisible).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter