Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#236401 - 09/21/13 06:30 AM Family Photo Album
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Post pictures of your family doing cute things. Post pictures of your family doing odd things. Post pictures of your home. Please include a caption or brief description so we will know what to look for in the picture.

#236402 - 09/21/13 06:31 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Dad takes a nap while making a meal.

Attachments
nap.jpg

#236428 - 09/22/13 08:02 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Just as soon as I installed the papasan-style chair mod created by Aviatrix, little Emma came right over and took a nap. I must say they are beautiful chairs and they look so comfy. Much thanks to Aviatrix for making them.

Attachments
chair.jpg

#236432 - 09/22/13 09:51 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Finally got the entire family to watch TV together. I got rid of all the old TVs that were in all the other rooms and made them a TV room. I thought they would love it. But, until now I have not been able to get them all to the TV room at once even using the DVDs. And by the time I place them all there one at a time, they have gotten up and left. This is the first time they have ever been in this room sitting and watching all at once. Weeeeeee. Maybe they like this room after all.

Attachments
tv2.jpg

#236516 - 10/11/13 11:23 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Molly had already adopted two adorable little boys when she married Greg. The tots got in on the wedding celebration. It was so cute watching them run to the rose bush and bring mom flowers just as new dad was doing. I had never seen this before and it made me smile.

After the celebration they all sat down to a nice family dinner. Although the tots were anxious to get out to play in the snow, they managed to finish their meal before playtime.

Attachments
10-09-13_wedding.jpg

10-09-13 wedding2.jpg

#236517 - 10/11/13 12:43 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I think you ought to suggest that your little people move indoors the guitar that's sitting on the deck, at least while it's snowing. The cold weather must be making it go out of tune! grin

#236522 - 10/12/13 09:22 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: arnie]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

LOL Arnie! You are so right! That would be the wise thing to do. You know, I started out with one family having the guitar on the deck so they could play tunes while getting fresh air, then I had to put it in the same place for all 5 of my families to stop them playing invisible guitars in other families even if they had none or if it was in another location. They don't seem to mind though. They just love playing that darn guitar rain or shine. I think they like it even more than the treadmill and the pinball machine.

I would love to have one family with a music room. I would put the guitar, the piano and the drums in the same room. But, then I would have put them in the same place for all the other families. I haven't figured it out yet. Any suggestions?

#236523 - 10/12/13 09:24 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Speaking of musical instruments, here is one of our little tots giving a piano recital for her family. Mom and dad listen attentively and proudly, while her little sister sits on the floor and her brother takes a nap. I think her brother was a little less impressed than his parents.

Attachments
9-22-13 piano.jpg

Edited by austin2010a (10/12/13 09:26 AM)

#236575 - 10/21/13 08:27 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Ya know... With over 7,000 units of food in the refrigerator and at least 1 bag of every type of grocery including organic represented in those 7,000 units; one would think the little peeps wouldn't be asking for more food... specifically "some different kinds of groceries".

It makes one wonder, are they just greedy little munchkins who can never be satisfied or is there something out there that is actually called "a different type of grocery"?

Wouldn't it just blow their little minds if some day in the fleamarket or as an event there appeared a "blue" grocery bag labeled "a different type of grocery"?

I can imagine putting THAT on the table and watching them jump around like crazy or either they would be so amazed that they would stand there in total shock the way they do when they are watching stuff get arranged.

Attachments
10-08-13-morefood.jpg

#236576 - 10/21/13 10:56 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
Wouldn't it just blow their little minds if some day in the fleamarket or as an event there appeared a "blue" grocery bag labeled "a different type of grocery"?

Tee hee! laugh

Changing a bag to blue should be a simple enough mod, but alas we wouldn't be able to change the label. frown

Their proccupation with the fact that the house was empty before can also get a little wearing. The house was only empty for the very first generation. Depending on which generation you're at it's likely it was a several-greats grandparent who discovered the house; since then it's been inherited from one of the current peep's parents.

#236588 - 10/24/13 10:06 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: arnie]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

LOL Arnie! You are sooooooo right. I totally forgot about that email. The house wasn't just sitting there. In my case all families are at least 20 generations old. So what in the heck are they talking about? LOL

Oh and about the "blue" grocery bags... LOL That was just a random color I mentioned. The idea was to put some kind of food item on the table that would finally respond to their constant demands for "different kind of grocery".

smile

#236592 - 10/24/13 06:01 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

My suggestion would be that during a future update, they just change up some of the e-mail to player texts. Not add, just cycle in some new ones and say buh-bye to some old ones, just to keep it fresh.

#236608 - 10/29/13 12:59 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: Aviatrix]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Aviatrix
My suggestion would be that during a future update, they just change up some of the e-mail to player texts. Not add, just cycle in some new ones and say buh-bye to some old ones, just to keep it fresh.

Aviatrix,

That's an excellent idea! Please don't forget to post your awesome idea on the developer feedback forum. I am told the developers actually read that forum for ideas for the next version of the game. I don't want them to miss it and they may not get the opportunity to read it on this thread.

The path is...
Last Day of Work Official Forums » Forums » General Discussion » Developer Feedback Forum » Re: VF2 - Small suggestions

#236610 - 10/29/13 01:16 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Speaking of awesome. The papasan chairs mod created by Aviatrix have had an awesome effect on my little peeps. There was a time I couldn't get them to sleep at all when I was online. I had to rely on them sleeping when the game was closed for the night. But ever since installing the papasan chairs they choose to sleep in them all the time... And I do mean ALL THE TIME.

Below you can see father and son taking a nap at the same time in the chairs. I thought that was so cute. Dad went to take a nap and only moments later son came and sat in the chair beside him and took a nap too. That has never happened before.

I think the new chairs are just so comfy they can't help it. Even when I sit the kids on the chairs for a time out, they just fall into nap time. See picture below. Now, they don't seem to hate time out anymore. They love to read books, magazines, and newspapers in those chairs. They daydreem, nap, and seem to do anything they can to get to those chairs. Sometimes, I even think they misbehave just to get time out in those chairs.

Attachments
10-28-13_dad-and-son-sleeping.JPG

10-28-13_lovingchairs.JPG

#236611 - 10/29/13 05:45 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Thanks Austin! I see your peeps are outside on the deck in the snow. My new family is so poor that the triplets have to sit outside in the rain to watch TV.

Yes, they are poor. But on Gen 3, I've already won the twin trophy (Gen 1), the perfect match trophy (Gen 2), and the triplet trophy (Gen 3). This little family is a keeper!

#236612 - 10/29/13 06:15 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: Aviatrix]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Cool tv Aviatrix! laugh

#236614 - 10/30/13 10:39 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: MissKathy]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Aviatrix! Your little family is sooooo cute. But, please tell me where did you get that TV??? Is it another one of your awesome mods? If so can you please share???? Ok just imagine a fully grown woman hopping around the room the way the little peeps do when they get new groceries. That's the dance I am doing right now hoping for that TV mod! LOL

Also, please share more pictures of your little families. They are awesome and we would love to see more of them.

#236616 - 10/31/13 05:16 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

The TV is a work in progress, but it's almost ready for posting.

Here's something I haven't seen before - maybe more papasan magic! I've never seen them "resting tired feet" but I certainly understand! Sorry, I forgot to change from nighttime when I saw this, I just snapped a screenshot quickly to grab it. I brightened it up a tad in Photoshop but it's still dark.

#236617 - 11/02/13 02:20 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: Aviatrix]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Sharing some updated pics of my Original family home.

Attachments
Family 1UpperR.JPG

Family 1 UpperL.JPG

#236618 - 11/02/13 02:22 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: mrspockfan]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Pics of Family 2's home

Attachments
Family 2 UpperR.JPG

Family 2 UpperL.JPG

Family 2 LowerR.JPG

#236619 - 11/02/13 02:23 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: mrspockfan]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Pics of Family 3

Attachments
Family 3 UpperL.JPG

Family 3 UpperR.JPG

Family 3 LowerR.JPG

#236620 - 11/02/13 02:25 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: mrspockfan]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Pics of Family 4

Attachments
Family 4 UpperR.JPG

Family 4 UpperL.JPG

Family 4 LowerL.JPG

#236621 - 11/02/13 02:26 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: mrspockfan]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Finally pics of Family 5

Attachments
Family 5 UpperR.JPG

Family 5 UpperL.JPG

Family 5 LowerR.JPG

#236622 - 11/02/13 06:38 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: mrspockfan]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Those are cool, mrspockfan. That's a good use of the narrow hallway, putting the pinball machine in it. On one of my old (departed) families, I had the washing machine there. On another, I had an alcove like one of your earlier pictures, with a small table and a picture on the wall. I really like the gothic furniture in the green room, too. That looks really good.

#236623 - 11/02/13 08:30 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: Aviatrix]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Thanks Aviatrix. Love the game, so trying to find ways to spend all that money. Hope you can see that your mods are put to good use, just love the papasan chairs. I love the indoor swimming pool idea that originated with another player and was able to incorporate it here. At least with 5 families, we can change the designs but would be great with different furniture. There is only so much that can be done with the current lot.

I also love your triplets watching tv in the rain. So far, I have twins in all families and triplets in two. smirk

#236631 - 11/04/13 10:23 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: Aviatrix]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Aviatrix
The TV is a work in progress, but it's almost ready for posting.

Here's something I haven't seen before - maybe more papasan magic! I've never seen them "resting tired feet" but I certainly understand! Sorry, I forgot to change from nighttime when I saw this, I just snapped a screenshot quickly to grab it. I brightened it up a tad in Photoshop but it's still dark.

Aviatrix, I have 5 families and all of them are more than 20 generations old... I have NEVER seen any of them "resting tired feet" before. It HAS to be those lovely Magic Chairs of yours. See! I told you they were magic! LOL So cute. I love that picture.

Also, I understand about the TV. I will be so excited to have that one for sure. Thanks for giving an update on it.

#236632 - 11/04/13 10:30 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

mrspockfan! WOW WOW WOW WOW! You have the most beautifully decorated homes I have seen. I never thought of putting two beds together to make one large one. I also never thought of putting more than one rug down to make rug art on the floors. I will bet your little peeps just LOVE their homes. Great job! Show more pictures please! We love looking at them.

You know, that's the perfect place for the grill. I think I will move the grill in all my homes to that location. Hope you don't mind my using your awesome idea. :-) I will just tell everyone I learned from the best. smile

#236633 - 11/05/13 12:30 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Thanks Austin. Don't mind if you use any idea or design that you like, because they are just modification of others' ideas. whistle Notice the double treadmill in one home...I wonder where that idea came from or the indoor swimming pool.. grin

I just love decorating especially when I can buy whatever I want. I keep moving things around to keep it interesting, adding rugs, lots of rugs, etc.

I added a picture where some of the peeps will sit on the floor to watch tv, which is why I needed to add the rug, wood flooring can get cold. blush

Attachments
Family 2 UpperL TV.JPG

#236634 - 11/06/13 02:19 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: mrspockfan]
mrspockfan Offline
Adviser

Paying hommage to MissKathy's autumn modifications. Excellent work. smile

P.S. The garden would be lovely in Summer also. Hint, Hint.

Attachments
Family 4 Autumn Backyard.JPG

Family 4 Vegetable Garden.JPG

Edited by mrspockfan (11/06/13 02:24 AM)
Edit Reason: added a hint.

#236637 - 11/06/13 06:33 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: mrspockfan]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Thank you mrspockfan, I'm glad you're enjoying the autumn leaves! Are you hinting that you'd also like to have the garden without the leaves? I actually have one. laugh I'll go ahead and post it in the VF2 Mod Forum. smile

#236653 - 11/08/13 07:47 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: MissKathy]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

MissKathy, thank you so very much for the FABULOUS Fall Leaves!

Picture 1 - As soon as the leaves came, Pieron (6 years old) made a mad dash for the pile of leaves in the back yard. While his 3 year old brother and 5 year old sister joined him in various backyard games.

Picture 2 - In another family, Franella (the 13 year old little terror), kept intentionally misbehaving so she could be sent to the calm down corner - sitting in the Aviatrix Magic Chairs. But, you know, every time she sat down she looked around excitedly at the beautiful leaves. I am going to have to find someplace else for time out. Now, I am sure they love this one way too much.

Picture 3 - In family #5, the boys stayed in while the leaves fell like snowflakes. It was really pretty to watch them falling.

Thank you again, MissKathy for the awesome fall leaves. You made my little peeps and me very happy.

P.S. I used the one without the garden because I already had so much other stuff in that area. It worked perfectly!

Attachments
11-07-13_leaves1.jpg

11-07-13_leaves2.jpg

11-07-13_leaves3.jpg

#236654 - 11/08/13 07:12 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I have got two of the girls with multi-coloured hair in the same family; they are sisters but not a multiple birth! Also, one is named by the game (Lady) Gaga. Should I rename the other (Mime) Miley Cyrus perhaps? Or has anyone got a better name?

Attachments
Capture.JPG

Description: Gaga and Mime

#236655 - 11/08/13 07:30 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: arnie]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

I think Mime is a much better name than Miley, lol. Miley is just a confused little girl trying to grow up in the worst way, and I mean REALLY the worst possible way. If you want to stick with the performers, Beyoncé or Grace (Jones) are possibilities, or even Madonna (or Mo). But I like Mime.

#236658 - 11/10/13 06:15 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: Aviatrix]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Arnie, your girls are soooo cute! I have never seen anyone with two rainbow hair girls in one family. I have 5 families and in 4 of them in at least 1 generation I have had a rainbow haired girl. But, 2 in one family is very rare. Congratulations to you! Do you have any pictures of them playing together? I will bet that would be really cute too.

Oh and about the name... I totally agree with Aviatrix on that one. But, then of course if you wanted to go way out you could name the little one Lady, That way when you called them to dinner you could say, "Lady, Gaga come and have dinner, now." That would be too funny. LOL

#236695 - 11/21/13 06:22 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

When you're armed with Photoshop, a bubble machine that bleeds through your families (turn it on in one family and get bubbles in all families), and too much time on your hands, you can start to write your own twists to Margaret and Bill's story:

(To be perfectly clear, there is no such event as The Worried Letter. It was fabricated in Photoshop. The bubble thing anyone can do.)

#236701 - 11/24/13 05:31 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: Aviatrix]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Aviatrix, Wow you had me going there. I was just thinking I don't remember the Worried Letter at all. Then I read your note. LOL I love it. And the bubble thingy is so cute. All my homes are finished renovating but the bubbles would be awesome in the showers too. I think I will try that. LOL Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. Show more please! smile

#236711 - 11/28/13 04:37 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: austin2010a]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Show more? Okay. First, I want to say that although it doesn't show in this photo, I've really been enjoying the autumn leaves provided by MissKathy. And the transformation of the white table into a laundry folding table, by jenmeep, is awesome!

The latest on my little family is that Gen9 had triplets - the second set in this family. I had problems finding a suitable partner for Summer, but needed someone quick to run around picking up wrappers and weeding, so she adopted Brett who is now 14. Brett did such a great job that I achieved all the cleanup and collection trophies, and hired a maid and gardener. I also rewarded Brett with a pinball machine, since it is one of his likes and a trophy I did not have.

Then Summer met Saffron, who met her requirements of reasonably cute and Definitely wanting children. Their first boy, Delph, is a blonde, blue eyed cutie. I wanted this family to have three kids and was hoping for a girl, so I tried again and bam! triplet boys, all dead ringers for Delph! So their four younger children look the same, but Delph is 3 years older than Hiro, Pieto, and Tolo. In this snapshot, Delph is the one in the pirate shirt and the triplets are wearing blue shirts and sweater vests.

I haven't decorated the house much as I was saving coin to get through the trophies, but now that I have achieved the more difficult trophies my interests are shifting to decorating and mods. This room (which doesn't show signs of either decorating OR mods) is where I've collected the children's toys up to now.

#237563 - 11/27/14 03:41 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: arnie]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
Arnie, the two rainbow girls in one generation happened to me too. Would you like to see them in my family tree:) I'll post it if I get asked to.

#237571 - 11/30/14 06:44 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: VF_Life]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Yes, Christopher, post it. The more posts the merrier!

#237572 - 12/01/14 04:32 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: arnie]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

I need to know though how do I get it to show the screenshot I just took.

#237574 - 12/01/14 06:51 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: VF_Life]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Here they are.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Edited by Christopher Hall (12/01/14 07:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Putting in picture

#237575 - 12/01/14 10:49 AM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: VF_Life]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I see you managed to get the screenshot to display. However, for future reference, this post explains how to post pictures.

#237579 - 12/01/14 08:18 PM Re: Family Photo Album [Re: arnie]
HappyHome Offline

Loc: Australia
Well, today, my little child in the family Eviana was in the Kiddie Pool, and the dog decided to join her, hehe! The problem was that we couldn't get the dog out crazy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter