Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235986 - 08/10/13 12:20 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: spygirl2]
mwxyz49 Offline

I also would like to see that. Good point. I would like more traditional furniture, etc. It's also way too expensive.

#235994 - 08/10/13 04:24 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: mwxyz49]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Thanks for the explanation, Arthur H. I have tried to make the same case on another portal where players are similarly concerned about the shift to games for devices. Unfortunately, I'm just another player and I think the comments from my keyboard don't carry the weight of those from yours, lol. It is nice to have a company that wants to connect with its user base.

#235999 - 08/11/13 07:42 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: Arthur]
Choc1701 Offline

I understand that cell phones/android users are where you are making a profit, and that you have to focus on them first. All I want is that you don't completely forget about PC users, that we are eventually able to get the content, too.

The thing that I love about this game is its like having a virtual doll house, that you can decorate and rearrange. If you focus on that aspect of it I believe that you can maximize its profit potential, not just for cell phones but for PC also.

One of the things that I would love to be able to do is to be able to change the color of the walls, or pick the style of the house, and its size. And I would think that if you poll your players that would be one of its major draws. Which is why you could charge for new content.

And speaking of new content when will it be available for the different systems? I was kind of hoping for a date of when to expect it.

#236003 - 08/11/13 08:25 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: spygirl2]
FadedLily Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I can only add: Well said! grin

#236062 - 08/16/13 03:15 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: FadedLily]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
I play on both the PC and my Kindle Fire (Android). Neither have been updated = glad to see this message posted here!

Thanks Arthur!

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#236063 - 08/16/13 03:58 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: mappam]
SparkleGeekGirl Offline
Trainee

I started with the Android version and then went to the PC version.

What I discovered was that the PC version actually had content that Android did not. It wasn't until I posted a review on Amazon that the Update appeared and the missing content was added. :-)

The only thing I'd like to see is for the PC to get the Lucky Rock, Food delivery, and Medical Discount; and for Android to get the ability to change names ('cause let's face it, some of those names are down right silly!) and the ability to have multiple games.

:-)

#236067 - 08/16/13 06:26 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: SparkleGeekGirl]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I play on the iPad and Windows PC.

I doubt we'll ever see the ability to make in-game purchases for real money in the PC version. There isn't an equivalent store that will supply the mechanics.

I don't know how difficult it is for LDW to tie in the device's keyboard to the game - other games and apps do it, so it must be possible - so we might see that one day; I know that it's often requested. I suspect the ability to have multiple games might take up too much space/memory for most devices at present - although in years to come, who knows?

To partially offset the items missing from the PC versions, interest is paid at 10% a day, and peeps' incomes are doubled. Still, I'd like to be able to use some of the new stuff in my iOS latest update in my Windows game!

#236071 - 08/16/13 09:53 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: mappam]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Originally Posted By: mappam
I play on both the PC and my Kindle Fire (Android). Neither have been updated = glad to see this message posted here!

Thanks Arthur!

Hi Pam, the Amazon version for Kindle Fire went live on August 8th, as did the Android version for Google Play. Enjoy! smile

#236072 - 08/16/13 11:45 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: arnie]
SparkleGeekGirl Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: arnie
I play on the iPad and Windows PC.

I doubt we'll ever see the ability to make in-game purchases for real money in the PC version. There isn't an equivalent store that will supply the mechanics.

I don't know how difficult it is for LDW to tie in the device's keyboard to the game - other games and apps do it, so it must be possible - so we might see that one day; I know that it's often requested. I suspect the ability to have multiple games might take up too much space/memory for most devices at present - although in years to come, who knows?

To partially offset the items missing from the PC versions, interest is paid at 10% a day, and peeps' incomes are doubled. Still, I'd like to be able to use some of the new stuff in my iOS latest update in my Windows game!

That's true, but maybe they could set it up to where they are available in special upgrades and can be purchased the same way as adoption and on-call maid/gardener? Lord knows I'd do it! smile

#236073 - 08/17/13 12:24 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: arnie]
Gatsbi Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: arnie

There are many PC games that have the micro-purchases. Generally, you pay through a PayPal account to obtain credits that you use toward the items.

However, I actually prefer to just have an upfront fee and then get everything. Advertising something as free and then having all the little fees is annoying.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter