Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#235667 - 07/07/13 11:53 PM Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2
halfadime Offline

Loc: North Florida
I have 2 families running. My pet peeve is that every time i open the game, both families are sick. They have plenty of food and rest and I'm tired of spending so much money on these illnesses. Any suggestions on how to give them better health all around? I've tried the fruits and vitamins. VF1 had sickness, but never anything like this. This time consuming and costly.

#235754 - 07/16/13 02:17 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: halfadime]
Grumpity Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I agree, halfadime, that the constant illnesses are annoying and then some. People usually suggest that you feed characters the organic food, make sure they exercise and sleep, give them vitamins and the hand sanitizer. Still, there seems to be no way to avoid the sickness. You've probably had the same experience I've had, with 4 out of 5 family members sick at the same time. Others have one illness after another. Just the way they made the game, unfortunately.

#235755 - 07/16/13 03:41 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Grumpity]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
If your little people are constantly sick, one illness after another or have more than one illness at the same time, they may have an underlying infection. Infections MUST be diagnosed by using a Doctor Consultation, otherwise your little people will not get the correct medication, they will continue to get sick, and just like in real life, they may get everyone else in the home sick.

Some players choose to give strong infection fighting medications like Penicillin and Vancomycin without a Doctor Consult. shocked That's not a good idea. Giving your little people medication that is not needed can adversely affect their health. sick

#235770 - 07/17/13 03:18 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: MissKathy]
halfadime Offline

Me again, an important issue. I just started generation 13 and my $14,000 swimming pool disappeared. Where'd it go?

BTW...doctor consults doesn't make any difference in my sick family members. Believe me when I say I've done it ALL. Still opening the game to sick peeps, every time.

Also, sorry to be such a complainer, but I've asked before for more furniture in traditional styles with no changes. End tables with lamps. No more gothic, please. There's enough gothic already.

How can I tell if there's new stuff to be added? Just keep downloading the game? I'll do it, if that's what it needs, but just let me (and the rest of us) know.

#235786 - 07/19/13 08:56 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: MissKathy]
Grumpity Offline

Loc: South Carolina
When the doctor consultation says "no infection found," I never give them antibiotics. But they keep getting sick, weak, have different symptoms, two in a row, etc.

#235920 - 08/01/13 08:24 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Grumpity]
spyrogirlkim Offline
Expert

Loc: Kansas
I have a 33 year old Mom who everytime I open game she is sick and needs itch cream,then cough syrup and sneeze pills.This has happened since she entered the game so its been going on 2 full real days.I give her the meds then she is extremely weak,She is fed as much as rest of family and I keep 2000 units on hand all time.
How do I heal her tried doctor and both antibiotics no help.

#235926 - 08/04/13 02:43 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: spyrogirlkim]
imagiphantaria Offline

The thing that annoys me (really the only thing) are the Fakebook notifications. I don't like the real life version, and I don't like the Virtual Families version either.

#235935 - 08/04/13 08:06 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: imagiphantaria]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
same here, imagi

#235954 - 08/06/13 03:43 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: spyrogirlkim]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: spyrogirlkim
I have a 33 year old Mom who everytime I open game she is sick and needs itch cream,then cough syrup and sneeze pills.This has happened since she entered the game so its been going on 2 full real days.I give her the meds then she is extremely weak,She is fed as much as rest of family and I keep 2000 units on hand all time.
How do I heal her tried doctor and both antibiotics no help.

If you're giving her antibiotics you should be aware that they knock the peep's energy way down. If the doc said no infection then they won't help and will make her weaker, temporarily.

I see the Fakebook notifications as poking fun at Facebook and the inane things people say on it.

#235987 - 08/10/13 12:29 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Aviatrix]
mwxyz49 Offline

If your 'peep' keeps getting sick everytime you open the game, yes, get the doctor's diagnosis and the meds, and then put them to bed, until they are no longer tired or exhausted. If you find fresh fruit on the 'Flea Market' store, feed them those. I've had some that stay 'weak' and they end up outliving their spouse!

Good Luck.

#235992 - 08/10/13 04:17 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: mwxyz49]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

One thing that annoys me is that, unlike VF1, the red glove is docked in the second slot of the tool tray. You can move it to use it but not store it in any other slot. In VF1, I stored it in the very last slot. I'm a real fumble-thinker sometimes and a couple-three times I have used the red glove when I meant to praise a peep.

#236001 - 08/11/13 08:01 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: imagiphantaria]
FadedLily Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I'm with you on that, the fakebook emails are annoying, and even worse, I keep getting the same ones, over, and over, and over again. Same with the emails about the boss, etc, arghhh... eek

#236057 - 08/15/13 11:56 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: FadedLily]
spyrogirlkim Offline
Expert

something that annoy's me is the amount of food they think they need.I keept getting e-mails asking for different food so went in bought 2 of everything I could,now if it gets under 2000 food they are asking for more.Bunch of pigs is what I have for a family...lol

#236064 - 08/16/13 04:51 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: halfadime]
SparkleGeekGirl Offline
Trainee

Anti-Spam-Ware. I bought the software from the Flea Market a while back and immediately installed it but now it looks like I'm back to getting all these ridiculous emails! Does it expire?

Originally Posted By: spyrogirlkim
something that annoy's me is the amount of food they think they need.I keep getting e-mails asking for different food so went in bought 2 of everything I could,now if it gets under 2000 food they are asking for more.Bunch of pigs is what I have for a family...lol

LOL. I know what you mean... Between that and the requests for "More stuff", they do seem to be insatiable. I usually try to keep the food above 1000 units, and not worry the "Stuff". I'm trying to only buy food and medicine while saving until I can do all the upgrades and reno's and still have some left. My goal is around $300,000...

#236066 - 08/16/13 06:09 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: SparkleGeekGirl]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
It's just not that they want more food, it's that they'll start whining about wanting different food, even when I've just bought them four bags, one of each organic food type.

#236076 - 08/17/13 02:48 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: arnie]
spyrogirlkim Offline
Expert

There isn't different kinds to give them

#236089 - 08/19/13 09:03 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: spyrogirlkim]
JudasFm Offline
Adviser

My biggest complaint is the tool tray, for two reasons:

1. There's a finite number of items. Since I keep antibacterial gel and fruit etc for when my peeps get sick, it can take two or three trips to buy all four food groups for them. I wish it had some kind of scrolling feature.

2. You can only buy one of anything at any given time. I don't mind so much when it comes to workbooks, but if you buy ANY female (or male) outfit, you're not allowed to buy another. This really irritates me as - given the way things change in the store - I tend to buy for peeps in advance. I wish there was some way of storing the outfits you'd bought, like putting them in the closet or something, or if that didn't work, having a Clothing tooltray similar to the Decoration one wink

#236099 - 08/21/13 07:22 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: JudasFm]
SparkleGeekGirl Offline
Trainee

Agreed. Even if we can't do a scrolling tool tray, why can we not have duplicate items "stacked"? ie: when you buy a mango, but don't use it, and another shows up, put them both in the same slot with the object and, say, a number in the top right corner indicating how many you have available.

Also, it would be nice to be able to change outfits without losing the previous one. Even if only for the current generation.

#236100 - 08/21/13 08:57 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: SparkleGeekGirl]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I agree about items in the tool tray, and SparkleGeekGirl's suggestion of stacking is excellent. At least the Windows/Mac versions have a couple more slots in the tray than the iOS/Android versions ...

I'm less concerned about changing outfits and keeping earlier ones. I suspect that's because I'm a guy, though. I don't really worry about the peeps' clothes and have only changed their wardrobe a few times, when there are two wearing the same clothes and I find myself mixing them up.

That's happened a couple of times to me when peeps have the same green clothes as the gardener or maid.

#236117 - 08/27/13 11:07 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: mwxyz49]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

There are only two things that really annoy me about VF2:

1. Bleed Over - Different family homes seem to bleed over to the other. Example, if I have a piano in the home of family 1, family 2 will start playing the piano even though there is no piano in their home. Also, if there is let's say a pool in the front of the home of Family 3 (for example) but the pool in in the back yard for family 2, both families will use pools in the front and back even if there is no pool for them there.

2. The Red Lines - The second thing that is really annoying is when you want to change your furniture after finishing a room. Later when you move your old furnture and want to move it back or put something else there, it is almost impossible because you get the dreaded RED LINE around the item and it will not place where you put it. Most of the time you have to move all the furniture and wall art out of that room. Log out for a while and hopefully you will get the GREEN LINES back that allow placement.

No one is discussing these things on this forum... and I am new here so maybe it is not allowed. But on several other forums... I will not mention here.... there are huge pages and pages of discussons on these very topics.

It is pretty odd no one has mentiond that on this forum so if you don't see anymore posts from me you will know the men in black came and took me away. LOL

Originally Posted By: SparkleGeekGirl
Agreed. Even if we can't do a scrolling tool tray, why can we not have duplicate items "stacked"? ie: when you buy a mango, but don't use it, and another shows up, put them both in the same slot with the object and, say, a number in the top right corner indicating how many you have available.

Also, it would be nice to be able to change outfits without losing the previous one. Even if only for the current generation.

AWESOME IDEAS! You have my vote for sure!!!

#236120 - 08/27/13 03:01 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The "Bleed over" as you call it has been discussed, many times, on this forum, and is logged as a bug in the game, which we hope to fix at some point in time. I cannot say when or if that might come to pass, but there are many discussions about the various issues in the game. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#236121 - 08/27/13 08:13 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: SparkleGeekGirl]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
SparkleGeekGirl's suggestion of "stacking" items in the tool tray, is an excellent idea! Having the choice to buy more than one of the same item, should be the norm!

#236127 - 08/28/13 08:29 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Xay]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Xay, Thanks very much. You are right. I found the posts finally. If I had just taken a few minutes more to do a bit more research. Duh! Now I see, I see! Ok, I can stop looking out my window for black helecopters now. LOL

#236184 - 08/31/13 12:12 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: halfadime]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted By: halfadime
I have 2 families running. My pet peeve is that every time i open the game, both families are sick. They have plenty of food and rest and I'm tired of spending so much money on these illnesses. Any suggestions on how to give them better health all around? I've tried the fruits and vitamins. VF1 had sickness, but never anything like this. This time consuming and costly.

That annoys me a lot as well. What I did that seemed to lessen the problem is to give them different kinds of food. I was only giving organics, mostly grains, as they are cheaper. I decided to change to the regular food, but buy one of each kind; since I started doing that they are not sick all the time anymore.

I had a great time playing VF 1, but I must confess I'm not liking VF2 that much. There's the illness issue, everything is really expensive. I'm on my 15th generation and I could only afford 2 house upgrades so far. frown

#236188 - 08/31/13 02:14 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Moonlyght*]
SparkleGeekGirl Offline
Trainee

I think the thing that irritates me the most is when someone is sick
Click to reveal..
and I "pick and drop" to find out what the problem is,it takes 3 to 5 times, or more, to get any results.
Grrr! :p

#236199 - 08/31/13 06:01 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: SparkleGeekGirl]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
I think the thing that irritates me the most is when someone is sick
Click to reveal..
and I "pick and drop" to find out what the problem is,it takes 3 to 5 times, or more, to get any results.
Grrr! :p

Yep!!! That's true! *lol* One thing that helps is
Click to reveal..
to get familiar with the sounds they make. I can tell what their problem is just by listening to the whining! *lol*
(that's what I call addiction to a game! *lol*)

#236269 - 09/06/13 05:03 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Moonlyght*]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Although I'm glad the bleed over bug is on the list, I'm having a lot of fun with the bubble machine. I placed it on top of the shower in one family and turned it on. Now the rest of the families have a bathtub with bubbles pouring out of them.

#236387 - 09/20/13 05:27 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: halfadime]
love Offline
Trainee

My pet peeve is that they are always in the kitchen having a snack or heating up food.

#236388 - 09/20/13 05:41 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: love]
Lead Tester

Have you tried using the red glove or salty candy on them when they do that love? grin

#236390 - 09/20/13 08:03 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: MissKathy]
love Offline
Trainee

No, I never scolded them when they are in the kitchen snacking. I will try that.

#236391 - 09/20/13 11:24 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]
likalaruku Offline

It's so similar to the first game that I have the exact same peeves & likes.

They are always exhausted. I praise them for "going to sleep" & it's night & the night light is in the kid's bedroom, & I don't touch the game for another 8 hours, & still they are all exhausted.

The controls in the shop drive me nuts. I think it was intended for touch screen. If my mouse gets too close to the edge, the mouse automatically moves back to the middle of the screen, & you can;t scroll.

I actually really dislike like the generation lock; I get all of the unlocked stuff by the time they reach 40-50, & I spend the rest of the time waiting for them to just die so gen 2 can take over.

A minor nitpick is the stuff in the store; it comes in a variety of colors. It should just come in 1 & then allow you to recolor it. You have almost no choice in colors on anything. Yes, I know....Grew up on The Sims....spoiled by user created mods.

#236394 - 09/20/13 11:36 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: likalaruku]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

I take it you're using a device app rather than the game on PC/Mac? Mods are possible on the desktop version but as I understand it, the way apps are packaged on devices makes it impossible to have user mods. If you're using the desktop version, there are forum topics on this site all about making mods and letting you download mods that others have offered!

#236448 - 09/24/13 01:10 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Aviatrix]
Lead Tester

Hi likalaruku. If you mostly play your game in the evening try switching day and night (in the Settings menu). Other players have found that it helps. smile

Regarding your mouse pointer issue: Make sure you have the most current version of VF2 for Desktop (version 1.1.1).

#236449 - 09/24/13 05:43 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: MissKathy]
love Offline
Trainee

Well, I have been using the red glove on them when they are snacking or heating up food and it does work. Thanks for the help on this.

#236452 - 09/24/13 04:50 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: *Moonlyght*]
pth Offline

I don't know how to cut down on illness, but if you pick up the sick family member they may give you a clue as to what is wrong. If they need an antihistamine, they will sneeze, if they need cough syrup, they will cough. If they just sort of moan in protest it's a little harder, but most of the time they need one of the first three meds. I hope this will help you cut down on the money spent on meds.

I like the idea of being able to recolor an item. Great idea!

Edited by Xay (09/24/13 09:29 PM)
Edit Reason: combined consolidated posts

#236461 - 09/26/13 03:54 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: pth]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
What annoys me is when you purchase the bottled tropical rain. In VF1 you just gave it to one of the peeps and the rain started falling right away. In VF2, they have to first "deploy" the bottle in the backyard before it starts to rain. What's with that?? It seems like an unnecessary step for the peeps to have to do. The rain should just start right away. I also want to add my vote for SparkleGeekGirl's suggestion of being able to stack items in the tool tray. It's a great idea!!

#236481 - 10/02/13 10:23 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]
FadedLily Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: austin2010a
There are only two things that really annoy me about VF2:

1. Bleed Over - Different family homes seem to bleed over to the other. Example, if I have a piano in the home of family 1, family 2 will start playing the piano even though there is no piano in their home. Also, if there is let's say a pool in the front of the home of Family 3 (for example) but the pool in in the back yard for family 2, both families will use pools in the front and back even if there is no pool for them there.

2. The Red Lines - The second thing that is really annoying is when you want to change your furniture after finishing a room. Later when you move your old furnture and want to move it back or put something else there, it is almost impossible because you get the dreaded RED LINE around the item and it will not place where you put it. Most of the time you have to move all the furniture and wall art out of that room. Log out for a while and hopefully you will get the GREEN LINES back that allow placement.

No one is discussing these things on this forum... and I am new here so maybe it is not allowed. But on several other forums... I will not mention here.... there are huge pages and pages of discussons on these very topics.

It is pretty odd no one has mentiond that on this forum so if you don't see anymore posts from me you will know the men in black came and took me away. LOL

AWESOME IDEAS! You have my vote for sure!!!

I have a feeling you must be playing a version of VF2 that was bought from a different place than this website. (The initials BF come to mind.) When you buy the game directly from LDW those glitches are no longer present. I played this game, which I love, for as long as I could stand it from that other distributor, then finally gave up and bought the game here. The change is night and day. It's up to each place that you buy the game from to make the game work with their platform (ie BF, etc). When there are updates, the same thing goes. It's not up to LDW to make the game work correctly with all the different places that sell it, each of those places have to make any changes work with their software. Hope that helps explain why no one here is talking about it, those things don't happen here.

#236482 - 10/03/13 03:32 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: mwxyz49]
Rena051104 Offline

Loc: PA
Things that annoy me in VF2... Bug hunting. Horrible luck finding them

#236484 - 10/03/13 10:47 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Rena051104]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West
Same here, I only get one when
Click to reveal..
the Bug Whisperer event shows up

#236493 - 10/05/13 12:15 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: FadedLily]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: FadedLily

I have a feeling you must be playing a version of VF2 that was bought from a different place than this website. (The initials BF come to mind.) When you buy the game directly from LDW those glitches are no longer present. I played this game, which I love, for as long as I could stand it from that other distributor, then finally gave up and bought the game here. The change is night and day. It's up to each place that you buy the game from to make the game work with their platform (ie BF, etc). When there are updates, the same thing goes. It's not up to LDW to make the game work correctly with all the different places that sell it, each of those places have to make any changes work with their software. Hope that helps explain why no one here is talking about it, those things don't happen here.

FadedLily, thanks so very much for the information. No, I did not purchase my game from BF. But, I am a member of that forum. It's a very friendly place where all are warmly welcomed.

Would it be ok if I copied and pasted your post (giving you full credit of course) on that forum? I believe everyone there has a right to know if they purchase an LDW game there instead of from the LDW site it is not supported.

However, before posting there I have to wonder if your explanation is an official LDW rule. I have to say it would be pretty callous of them to say, "Sure buy our product but if you don't get it directly from us we don't care what type of experience you have."

From what I have seen here the developers really do care... otherwise they wouldn't actively read this forum, invite users to post ideas, or even host it for that matter.

By the way, you probably didn't notice that an Admin already commented on my post (back in August) when she said:

Originally Posted By: Xay
The "Bleed over" as you call it has been discussed, many times, on this forum, and is logged as a bug in the game, which we hope to fix at some point in time. I cannot say when or if that might come to pass, but there are many discussions about the various issues in the game.

But, it was nice hearing from you too.

#236495 - 10/05/13 05:18 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]

There are no official LDW "rules" like the one you mention, Austin, and we would really appreciate it if you don't quote unofficial forum comments anywhere else. We have always provided support for our games, regardless of where they were purchased.

That being said, unfortunately, many of the websites that sell our games decide not to offer our updates once we release them. When we update our Windows/Mac games, those websites receive the update as well. However, we cannot force them to offer the update to their customers. The best thing to do in that situation is to request the update directly from them, in the hope that they will receive enough requests to offer it.

Other game distributors use game managers or other forms of DRM (Digital Rights Management) software that we do not use. It would be impossible for us to know how another company's DRM software interacts with our game. We do help players when they contact us about issues with one of our games, but sometimes, if the issue is related to another company's software, we do send players to that company for a resolution.

It is also important to note that there are many places to purchase games and each customer must decide for themselves where they wish to take their business. That is, of course, the right of every customer. However, because we are a very tiny, family-owned game studio, we are unable to simply replace games that were purchased elsewhere. We do offer discounts for customers who contact us when they are having difficulties with one of our games that they have purchased elsewhere.

I hope this answers some of your questions.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#236496 - 10/05/13 02:19 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Xay]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Hi, everyone! I want to comment here, too, to give you a little bit more insight into how (and why) updates work the way they do in the casual gaming industry.

When we update one of our games, it's very easy for us to provide that update to customers who have purchased the game from us. When we finish testing and preparing it, it's immediately ready to be made available to our customers.

In order to provide that update to other game distributors, we have to do additional work to prepare it for each major game company. Once we send an update to them, they need to repackage the game with their DRM software and run the game through their own QA process. All of this takes time (and money).

What we've seen is that most game distributors are unwilling to spend the time and money to prepare a game update for distribution on their site. The sad fact is that, once a game has been available for awhile, it costs the game distributor more to prepare the update than they'll make from sales of that game after the update. As Heather said, we can't make them offer those updates.

I'd also like everyone to understand why we can't just replace someone's game with our own version. The best explanation we have is what Arthur said here when VV4 came out. Our games cost $19.95 back then, and prices are much lower now (all of our games cost $9.95 or less when you buy them from us). I'll quote the most relevant part of his post here:

Quote:
Fun fact: When you buy a VV game at a competing portal, in most cases they keep the majority of the money. We receive as little as $2 from some of them. There has been a lot of controversy about this in the last year, and the general result was that many developers decided that they were going to quietly make their casual games smaller and cheaper, to make up for the low revenue coming in from all the distributors (due to the small % we keep, and the crazy price competition).

We really do not want to make the VV games, or any of our games, smaller or cheaper. In fact, we are spending more than ever on the development, so we are moving forward carefully and trying to make good decisions to keep this sustainable for us, and to keep making the games that we believe in.

As Heather said, everyone has a choice of where to buy anything, including our games. However, it's important to know how things work before you make your buying decision. laugh

#236500 - 10/06/13 06:16 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: LadyCFII]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Xay and LadyCFII your comments are greatly appreciated. However, I fully expected to see your exact replies to FadedLily's original message. My original question regarding bleed through and red lines was asked and answered months ago back in August; so I was quite done with the topic. But, when FadedLily also replied to me saying...

Originally Posted By: FadedLily

I was sure the Admins and Moderators would jump right in with a correction. When there was none, I knew the fastest way to get the Admins to join this conversation would be for me to post a reply as the Admins tend to reply to almost everything I post.

And one thing, just for your peace of mind... I never said I was going to repost the message, I asked if it was ok to do it.

Originally Posted By: Austin
Would it be ok if I copied and pasted your post (giving you full credit of course) on that forum?

Thanks again for jumping in here... I knew I could count on you to do it.

#236509 - 10/07/13 03:34 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]

I'm very sorry, I simply didn't see FadedLily's post about this situation. You'll have to forgive me blush I am human!

I (try) to read every post on the forums, but we don't tend to answer posts right away about gameplay, as we like to let other players help each other. However, if it is about a technical issue, or something substantial like this, we reply as soon as possible.

Perhaps you simply like to post about substantial items and our replies coincide! wink
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#236513 - 10/09/13 07:42 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Xay]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

Xay no apology is needed but it is graciously accepted. If you would like to continue the conversation I will be happy to do it in PM or even over the phone. That way we can leave the open forum for discussions about game play and tech issues. smile

#236535 - 10/14/13 01:01 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]
Araluen Offline

I have been waiting for this game to come out on pc for ages as I love the 1st family. I downloaded from BF & cursor dosen't work, I sent report to them only to get a free coupon, wished I'd downloaded direct.
I have also been playing my family 2 on android tablet, with no technical problems, but have to ask why don't the family ever use dining tables or yoga equipment? And how do you get rid of ants for good? Any suggestions would be welcome.

#236541 - 10/14/13 06:05 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Araluen]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

The bug with the cursor not working properly in full screen was fixed in an update shortly after the game was released. Although LDW have sent the update to other games portals, it's up to them if they decide to include it on their site. BF obviously didn't bother.

I can't say why the peeps don't interact with the dining tables or yoga equipment; there's other stuff you can buy which they also don't seem to use on their own, like the carousel.

Getting rid of the ants is a puzzle. If you want to see a spoiler, check this page, section 8.

#236552 - 10/16/13 09:47 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: arnie]
Araluen Offline

Thanks Arnie, yes I have the carousel & clock as well, was happy to see family use the cocktail bar. Thanks also for spoiler re ants. Do you know why all family members keep smelling the room? I have had at least 6 generations doing this even though the room has been fixed. I also had fines for room being toxic??

#236554 - 10/16/13 10:13 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Araluen]
candypanda57 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Wisconsin, USA
I don't think anyone knows why the family members keep smelling the room. I'm in my 26th generation, and have long since remodeled my entire house. Yet, my family members will still smell the room. I think it's a mystery that just won't be solved.

#236563 - 10/18/13 02:36 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: candypanda57]
Araluen Offline

thx candypanda, I'll just keep diverting peeps when they go to smell the room, just hope the fines stop coming from I think the epa. It could just be another mystery like all the notes they find behind bookcases, in walls & the email they send us about how strange the house was just sitting vacant.

#236602 - 10/27/13 02:26 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Araluen]
DebbieA Offline

I wish we could turn all the furniture any way we want to.

#236629 - 11/03/13 03:22 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Araluen]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

I always thought it was building the blue bedroom that triggered smelling the room. It may, I'll have to check that out, but with my current family I built the second bath before either the blue bedroom or the "small central room" which is the middle room at the back of the house (not the room dead center, although that isn't built also). So either the behavior is triggered by the bathroom, or by building a certain number of rooms, or by building rooms in that part of the house, or it has multiple triggers. I'm really hoping that it's a puzzle that we have yet to solve, rather that just a random thing.

#236664 - 11/13/13 01:40 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: Aviatrix]
AlicelovesVV Offline
Trainee

Loc: the Netherlands
Well it is not really ingame, but I had a dream last night where I got a e-mail from LDW about an update for vf2 and I was super exited! Then I checked my e-mail when I was clearly awake and realised it was just a dream frown

#236672 - 11/14/13 11:34 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: arnie]
Kurama Offline

What annoys me the most is how they sit and lie in the bed, there heads r never on the pillow, except for the mother and father, but jeez can't that b fixed for the kids. And the fact that the mothers walks around with the baby 24/7 , a real mother does not walk around with the kid that long, and the dinner table can't that b bigger so that all the members of the family can sit around it, in my current generation I have 6 members and I like to c everyone sitting around the table eating together. And can't they ungraded the game to include paints so I can change the color of the house and such. I love the game it's fun but something's need to b better. The play structure in my estimation is too small so is the kids table it's just too tiny for the children, I had one but I sold it for that reason.

#236681 - 11/16/13 06:11 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Kurama]
Oreocreme Offline
Trainee

Loc: In a big gray house!
Would it be possible when LDW does an update or fix that it could be made available for download for a fee to people who bought their game from some other source?

#236682 - 11/16/13 07:11 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Oreocreme]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Kurama, check out the VF2 Mods forum where you can download some cool mods that "change the color of the house and stuff". You can also make your own mods but be sure to back up your images directory first!

Oreocreme, when I purchased VF2 here I was given the option to buy VF1 at a discount. I already had it from another game portal so I passed and wish I hadn't now. That is probably the thing that annoys me most in VF - I'm mad at myself for passing on that re-purchase because the other game portal doesn't keep the game updated to the latest version.

#236864 - 02/04/14 03:27 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Aviatrix]
halfadime Offline

I deleted this game for almost a year hoping they would fix the problems. Well, that didn't help at all. I get the same stuff now as before. I've written redundant suggestions and hopes for fixes, the same as you have. I bought the game twice. Once from LDW and once from Big Fish Game. Both are totally messed up. They don't care that the cursor jumps around the screen or anything else. Apparently they don't care about us PC users, only the users with iPhones, etc. who will pay for extras. This could be a great game, but the creators don't seem to care. I have all of their other games without any problems. Did they forget about us PC users who paid them for all these years? I am very, very disappointed and remember I paid twice for this game. WHY have they abandoned us? If you're hoping for an update, don't hold your breath.

#236873 - 02/06/14 05:24 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: halfadime]

Halfadime, the cursor issue was fixed in an update from LDW shortly after release. If you don't have that update, it could result in the problem you are still seeing. As far as the update being available on Big Fish Games, they must decide whether or not to release those updates, we are unable to force them to do so.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#236874 - 02/07/14 10:23 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Xay]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I want to mention that anyone who purchased VF2 directly from LDW can obtain the update from us free of charge. It was released one week after the game was launched, and you can find out more about it here, including information about obtaining the update.

#237066 - 04/09/14 12:11 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: LadyCFII]
Jaynnick Offline

I have been having problems with my iphone VF2 in that when the couple is "trying to make a baby", the timing between the two is off by a few seconds, so they aren't always on the bed at the same time. This has effected the birth of the children several times. I have had this problem only two or three times is the original VF. One time they did still have the kid, but that was in VF1. Also, is there a VF3 in the near future?

#237073 - 04/10/14 04:15 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Jaynnick]
Lead Tester

Hello Jaynick! You'll be happy to know that the couples's timing in the situation you described is nothing to worry about. laugh Here's a great quote from arnie in the VF2 Android forum:
Originally Posted By: arnie
This happens quite often, and isn't anything to worry about. In its most extreme form the mother will finish trying and start walking off (with or without a baby) before the father has even arrived at the bed/couch. The peeps will often move at different speeds, partly depending on their energy levels and on their likes/dislikes.

Provided the couple share their kiss that starts them off to the bed/couch, a baby will or won't appear depending on luck, not their timing.

If your peeps are having trouble having babies you should have them checked by the doctor to see if one or both might need Baby Boost.
If you'd like to view the entire thread, it's located here. I hope this helps! smile

#237086 - 04/15/14 03:45 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: mwxyz49]
mlw1980 Offline

Loc: USA
I've got a couple things that annoy me one is the constant illness my lil peeps get I they get sick from just itching!!!! Another is they earn money slowly specially while playing the game I noticed you make more when your gone that's kind of odd I mean its like their trying to drive you away from the game

#237087 - 04/15/14 09:28 AM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: mlw1980]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I think the main reason that the peeps earn more while the game is off is that the peeps are less likely to be distracted by random things like their kids switching lights on and off or rattling dishes, so they complete more work actions. At least, the AI calculates how many actions they would have completed, based on their experience and a few other factors, but not interference from the kids!

I agree about the illness - it's a nuisance; I'm also playing VV1 on my iPad at the moment. Every time I open VF2 someone is sick, often two more more. In VV1, with four or five times as many peeps, I only get the occasional sick villager, although admittedly they can heal each other provided a peep or peeps have enough medical skills.

#237109 - 04/18/14 04:35 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families [Re: Jaynnick]
dulce115 Offline

vf2 needs to update. i'm falling asleep here.

#241911 - 01/10/18 04:32 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: austin2010a]
pth Offline

There is a change in the ads we watch to earn coins. When the ad finishes we don't get the X show up to close the ad. Instead we are taken right to the download page. It is only fair to tell you that this will not increase the chance that I will download the game, if that is the reasoning behind it. I occasionally see a game I might want to try, but if I feel I'm being manipulated into trying it, I will refuse.

#241913 - 01/10/18 06:33 PM Re: Things that annoy you in Virtual Families 2 [Re: pth]

Hi pth!

I understand! Ads can be pretty out there! Unfortunately, we have no control over how the ads are made, and what mechanisms they use.

However, if you don't mind filling out a support form (and including the game information that you were playing when you encountered that ad) we can certainly look into that ad supplier to see if that's one that we want to keep.

You can click the "Submit a support form" link in my signature. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter