Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 95 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#234966 - 06/08/13 07:34 PM Modifications to VF2
mwxyz49 Offline

I wondered if you could develope changeable hairstyles. I'm traditional and would like to be able to change hairstyles from punk styles and funky colors, etc. to more traditional ones. Also have more traditional clothes to choose from. Another thing, I don't like is when you praise a peep more than once, they say 'stop nagging!' That sounds kind of rude to me. You could have them blush and walk away. Altogether I love the game.

#235232 - 06/17/13 07:40 AM Re: Modifications to VF2 [Re: mwxyz49]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: maw1949
I wondered if you could develope changeable hairstyles. I'm traditional and would like to be able to change hairstyles from punk styles and funky colors, etc. to more traditional ones. Also have more traditional clothes to choose from.

Perhaps your first question belongs in the "Developers Feedback Forum" under: VF2 - Small Suggestions
Quote:
Another thing, I don't like is when you praise a peep more than once, they say 'stop nagging!' That sounds kind of rude to me. You could have them blush and walk away. Altogether I love the game.

Overpraising the peeps frustrates them. I have often (by accident) praised the kids twice for the same action, and always had a wave back. Even 3-4 times will just send them running away. If I persisted, then for sure they'd tell me to stop nagging.
smile

#235234 - 06/17/13 11:02 AM Re: Modifications to VF2 [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Is is possible to make mods for hairstyles (relatively) easily but changes to clothes is much more difficult, since every possible body position has to be individually accounted for, allowing the clothes to 'drape' realistically. Changes to the colour would be possible for most experienced modders, but not really styles.

The peeps only tell you to stop nagging if you praise them twice in succession for a particular action, then attempt to praise them again. If you still want to reward your peep use fruit or candy from the store instead.

#235342 - 06/22/13 12:18 AM Re: Modifications to VF2 [Re: mwxyz49]
Grumpity Offline

Loc: South Carolina
I'm with you, maw! On the plus side, the characters in VF2 look worlds better than the primitive, "claymation-esque" characters that LDOW has clung to prior to this game. eek So for that, I am grateful. But I don't get the point of having two "normal" looking people produce a tiny child who has blue spiked hair, no hair at all--ever, skunk-like hair, or the so-called "rainbow" hair. Please, just give me children and adults who look like average human beings. A lot of people like these things, but it would be nice to have a "traditional mode" for those of us who don't.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter