Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#234586 - 05/28/13 07:55 AM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: Weesam]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
You beat me to it. laugh I bought the bear as soon as it came available and have it for all my families, my peeps love it. When I finally purchased the toy-kitchen, I couldn't believe my eyes either. The interactions with the bear is simply precious.
smile

Attachments
Cooking-for-the-bear.jpg

Description: Cooking for the Big Bear

#234588 - 05/28/13 09:20 AM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I'll have to look out for that! I've only had the bear and the toy kitchen a short while. I've seen kids hugging the bear and also 'cooking like mommy', but have never noticed any connection in their interactions.

With a family of six young kids it's been difficult to watch them all carefully; I have to look out for 'red-hand' actions such as rattling the dishes and turning lights on and off.

They are growing up now, though, and a couple have gone off to college. With luck I won't need to look out for mischief so much and will be able to see this.

#234595 - 05/28/13 03:22 PM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: arnie
With a family of six young kids it's been difficult to watch them all carefully; I have to look out for 'red-hand' actions such as rattling the dishes and turning lights on and off.
When they're playing with the toy-kitchen they do make a bit of a racket. It doesn't seam to distract the parents; thank goodness for that! smile
They are growing up now, though, and a couple have gone off to college. With luck I won't need to look out for mischief so much and will be able to see this.
I don't how you master getting six kids in your various families? I've only had that happen twice and that was due to multiple births. I've tried umpteen times, but the females keeps refusing.

#234597 - 05/28/13 05:44 PM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Just don't stop bringing them together. Although they will argue the first few times, or sometimes the first lot of times, eventually they'll kiss and go off to try for a baby. If that attempt is unsuccessful wait about fifteen minutes then try again. Then again if necessary ... I've used Baby Boost a couple of times only, but in general they've not needed it.

Out of my seven generations so far only one produced five kids; the others have all had six. I've had one set of twins in that lot.

#234601 - 05/28/13 06:21 PM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: arnie]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
In my 30 generations on my iOS game, I've had 5 sets of twins and one set of triplets.

#234628 - 05/29/13 04:14 AM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Just don't stop bringing them together. Although they will argue the first few times, or sometimes the first lot of times, eventually they'll kiss and go off to try for a baby. If that attempt is unsuccessful wait about fifteen minutes then try again. Then again if necessary ... I've used Baby Boost a couple of times only, but in general they've not needed it.
I went back to one of my four reluctant females to try it your way. The first thing that greeted me was a response letter addressed to "Margaret" from the adoption agency. I smiled and thought, fate or coincident? (See letter below)
I'm sure my female "Happi" didn't wish for a similar letter. After arguing a couple of times she produced a set of healthy twin boys. Both hubby and I are very grateful to Bill and Arnie! laugh

Attachments
Adoption response.jpg

Description: Adoption Response

#234630 - 05/29/13 04:39 AM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: vfam2player]
swedane Offline
Master

Originally Posted By: vfam2player
In my 30 generations on my iOS game, I've had 5 sets of twins and one set of triplets.
Wow...talk about population explosion. laugh
Good thing they're all virtual beings. Wondering, how many generations can the game handle? Is there a cutoff number? Seams to me VF had a limit of 30 generations.

#234633 - 05/29/13 05:35 AM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: swedane]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi swedane. The 30th generation bug you're remembering from the first Virtual Families game was fixed back in 2009. smile To quote Xay from this post
Originally Posted By: Xay

Fixed "30th generation bug" (when the number of generations reaches 30, older generations will be dropped from the Family Screen as new generations are added)."

The game should be able to handle as many generations as your little families can produce. smile The "Family Tree" will be "pruned" around the 30th generation just like it was in the original game. smile

#234636 - 05/29/13 08:40 AM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
After arguing a couple of times she produced a set of healthy twin boys. Both hubby and I are very grateful to Bill and Arnie!

Great! Congratulations to mother and babies!

One thing, though ... You say that it is the females who are reluctant. How do you know? Maybe the men are the reluctant ones. grin After all, it does take the two of them to have a baby. ...

#234644 - 05/29/13 10:28 AM Re: Favorite Actions [POSSIBLE SPOILERS...] [Re: MissKathy]
swedane Offline
Master

Of course you're right, I should have remembered! Wasn't there something about Arthur being surprised that us gamers carried on to the 30 ties generation!? smile And, we are still playing the game. laugh

Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter