Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#234457 - 05/25/13 03:13 AM Idea for a modification to the 'Adoption Services'
AddictedToSleep Offline

I'm new here, but I had an idea for a mod, and I guess this is the best place to put it...

Okay, so, I decided to try the adoption services one day because my little people were too old to have any more babies and I wanted one more, and I was a little disappointed when it just randomly spawned a little kid. I thought it would actually bring up the adoption window and I could cycle through little kids until I found one I liked. I figured, 'Hey, that might make a nice idea for a mod.' Problem is, this goes quite a bit beyond a simple graphics mod. I've had very, very limited experience with programming, so I doubt I'd be able to do that myself. If anyone sees this, maybe one of the people who made the game or an experienced modder of sorts, perhaps they could use this idea?

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place to put stuff like this!

#234460 - 05/25/13 05:22 AM Re: Idea for a modification to the 'Adoption Services' [Re: AddictedToSleep]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
That would be nice! I've only ever seen graphics mods for LDW games, though; they don't release a toolset for modding the way the game works.

#234461 - 05/25/13 11:33 AM Re: Idea for a modification to the 'Adoption Services' [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Yes, it would be nice. As Corylea says, it's not something that can be done by a mod, though. It would have to be programmed into the game.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter