Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
chuusu, Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12
30713 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30713 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#234329 - 05/23/13 06:25 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Omochao]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Originally Posted By: Omochao
I had 600 coins and bought 6 lotto tickets and THEY WERE LOSER TICKETS!!!!
cry cry mad

Your signature has something to say about this situation. laugh

#234330 - 05/23/13 06:26 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Corylea]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
LOL! grin

#234337 - 05/23/13 07:05 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Corylea]
Omochao Offline
Adviser

Loc: Nowhere
Originally Posted By: Corylea
Originally Posted By: Omochao
I had 600 coins and bought 6 lotto tickets and THEY WERE LOSER TICKETS!!!!
cry cry mad

Your signature has something to say about this situation. laugh

Yeah. Heh. grin

#234357 - 05/23/13 08:36 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Omochao]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I just got a nasty reminder of why it's important to read every single event clearly. I just got the event asking if my peep wanted to advance his career for 250 coins. For some reason *cough not reading clearly cough* I thought it was the career CHANGE counselor event and I said no. I felt instant remorse as it gave me the "Maybe if Fredrick got a promotion he would be able to pay 250 coins" message. Sigh. Not only does Fredrick have plenty of coins (almost 100,000) he's also a Level 7 and it would have bumped him up to Level 8.

#234381 - 05/23/13 11:30 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: ajuma]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
During the early stages of the game, I choose a spouse that didn't care much for running!! A lightbulb should have triggered my brain... but it didn't... crazy When I saw her move at a snails pace, I thought she was sick.. shocked Surprise.. surprise...

#234401 - 05/24/13 05:34 AM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Omochao]
Thandi Offline
Expert

Loc: Gallifrey
I've had two regrets:

The first one also involved a troublesome child. She was 18 actually. She never touched a book. Ever. When I noticed she was 18, I tried harder to get her to study but she always refused. I guess its my fault for not taking her to the homework desk when she was younger and praising her for it. Anyway it ended badly, I eventually lost all patience and used the red glove on her when she decided she would rather take an insect outside. She ran away and instead of coming back like everyone else, I got a note that she went to college. So I haven't seen her in 20 virtual years. It is not how I wanted to say goodbye, she would have gone to college anyway, but I feel she left because I got angry at her. The least I could do is let her inherit the house, I guess. That is in vf1 which I play simultaneously with vf2.

The second regret was sending away my vf2's family's only two kids to boarding school. I wanted them to get the best education, but not at the price of never seeing your parents again. Their parents adored them. The dad would read them stories at night, and they kept calling them for meals for an hour or so after they had left. I felt so bad, they were a complete and happy family. I still have the parents, they are my first so I play to go through the journey with them, and not to use them as experiments.

#234411 - 05/24/13 10:11 AM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Thandi]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
Thandi, could you let us know if sending them away to school increases their level in the next generation? Inquiring minds want to know!

Don't feel bad for scolding your peep! At 18, they go off to college anyway and she's probably forgotten all about it! smile I just hate it when they're making dinner and decide to go off to college! Couldn't they finish making the meal FIRST??? frown

#234427 - 05/24/13 06:42 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: ajuma]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
I thought they went to college at 19? confused

#234438 - 05/24/13 08:17 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: swedane]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: swedane
During the early stages of the game, I choose a spouse that didn't care much for running!!

That's happened to me twice, Swedane! On one of these, I just bought the thing that makes them overcome a dislike, but the other I just left alone. Unfortunately, the one I left alone, since I knew she would always be slow I never bothered to check if she was sick. Apparently she was. She died. Oops. whistle

#234442 - 05/24/13 09:15 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: vfam2player]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Corylea
I thought they went to college at 19? confused

It's possible it was really just very coincidentally timed with the kid turning 19. But yeah, they do go at 19.

Originally Posted By: vfam2player
Unfortunately, the one I left alone, since I knew she would always be slow I never bothered to check if she was sick. Apparently she was. She died. Oops. whistle

I laughed a little harder than I probably should have. The whistle smiley just gets me every single time.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter