Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 171 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233967 - 05/11/13 01:13 PM Cannot have children, Virtual Families iPhone
cjm Offline

I've been playing the Virtual Families games on my iPhone for several weeks, and cannot have children in either Virtual Families or Virtual Families: Our Dream Home.

In VF2, my first generation couple were able to easily have a child when I dropped the wife on the husband. The son grew up and moved back in as the second generation, and he married someone with the same desire for children. When I dropped them on each other, they would "try to make a baby," go over to the bed and kiss, and the wife would start doing her rose petals thing, and "kissing," before the husband got there, and therefore finish and leave before he was finished kissing. And then there was no baby. I figured this was normal, so I kept trying every couple of hours, every day, for days. Every time, the couple would go, and kiss for a little while, and there would be no baby. I bought a Baby Booster, to see if that would help. I tried to make a baby every few hours every single day for about a week, but no luck. Eventually, the couple reached old age and died before I could save enough money for an adoption.

I was very disappointed that the point of the game is to have multi-generational families, but my game won't permit me to have multiple generations. Am I doing something wrong? Is it a glitch? I adopted a new little person, and she got married pretty quickly. It's been a day, but we're having the exact same problem. No matter what I do, they can't have a baby. Please Help!

#233969 - 05/11/13 02:57 PM Re: Cannot have children, Virtual Families iPhone [Re: cjm]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
I'm not sure, but I don't think this is a glitch. Some couples are not as able as others to have children. The best thing you can do is to keep trying (even though it's tedious). If you have enough money, you can try to adopt by going to the 'Store' and scrolling down to 'Special Upgrades', or you may just get lucky and a little orphan may knock on your door!
I have the Virtual Families 2 on the iPhone as well, but I have no trouble with my family's children.
Good Luck! smile

#233971 - 05/11/13 03:43 PM Re: Cannot have children, Virtual Families iPhone [Re: Nora Willow]
cjm Offline

Thank you for your answer!! I thought maybe my couple just had problems having children, but its been a problem for my second generation in VF, and my second and third generations in VF2. Since its three couples in a row that can't have children, i thought something was going on. But it might just be that my couples aren't able to have kids It sure makes the game less fun though!

#233974 - 05/11/13 05:05 PM Re: Cannot have children, Virtual Families iPhone [Re: cjm]
Nora Willow Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Eastern Isola
Sometimes it takes a few tries, but eventually they have children!

#233977 - 05/11/13 05:53 PM Re: Cannot have children, Virtual Families iPhone [Re: cjm]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Nora was right when she said that some couples are not as able to have children as others, even though they may want them. One thing that can help you learn more about your couple is to do a doctor's consultation, which can tell you if Baby Boost (a euphemism for medical assistance/fertility treatments) is needed for either the husband or wife. To be completely sure, though, you'll need to check both parents, since either (or both) of them may need Baby Boost. More than one shot for each parent improves chances, although it's expensive to do that. That's why I usually spend the 99 cents for Health Plan, since it really keeps those frequent illnesses from eating up my family's savings and lets me spend their coins on more satisfying things than medicine. For my long-running families that have saved up a lot of money, I'll often give each parent several Baby Boost shots to save time. grin

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter