Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 92 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233945 - 05/10/13 07:10 AM Slightly Narcissistic Post
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
I think my first visit here to the forums was somewhere after the Dwight Eisenhower administration but dont quote me on that.

I just returned tonight (other than prolly once a year or so checking for new games) and I was thinking I might do well to go find some of my original posts here on the LDW forums - provided that a. I did not lose my log in info & have to rebegin as a new "person". If i did that I'm pretty confident I wouldve used my first name. *Although* I'm not always guaranteed to be the only Yaelle around.
So anyway I was just thinking, the 1st time I played my 1st LDW game was just after brain surgery in like errrrrr.... 2004?ish.

I'm kind of pining to go look & see if I am able to read old posts of mine to check whether there's any difference between Then Me and Now Me. The U.S. Navy did a crud job of giving me follow up care post-craniotomy so I never fully recovered from all of that, by a long shot.

(Imaginging myself opening up a post & peeking at it as if its something inside of a box & then hastily closing the lid. Meh. The true test would be if I were to play one of the games again & try to keep up with it and try to post questions or comments from it. Because I've never really had much of a problem with just plain typing out my rambles - its the remembering & following instructions & getting confused kinds of things that are the biggie.

Ok that was me talkng about me.
Now that I feel super weird about myself, I can go submit this. (roll eyes lol)

#233946 - 05/10/13 07:12 AM Re: Slightly Narcissistic Post [Re: YaelleG]
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Oh. By the way, if Eisenhower was President around like 1960 that wouldve put me at negative 16 years old. Just wanted to get that out there.

Time to stop having conversations with yourself, Yaelle.

#233948 - 05/10/13 10:10 AM Re: Slightly Narcissistic Post [Re: YaelleG]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Hi again, Yaelle,

I talk to myself all the time. I get a better class of conversation that way. grin

There was a forum crash here in early 2011 and the forums moved to a new server in late 2012. Both of those caused some minor problems with some posts for a while. Unfortunately there's also a limit of two years on searches, but I took a look for your name and found this post from you made last year, among others. BTW, I've since stopped playing Café World. smile There are several posts here that go back many years, particularly 'stickies' that were often started right after a game was released. You might enjoy reading some of those old posts; even if you don't find your own name there there's a chance you'll remember a poster or remember your own experiences with that game.

#233955 - 05/10/13 05:02 PM Re: Slightly Narcissistic Post [Re: arnie]
Anarose Offline
Adviser

Loc: USA
Nice to meet you here, Yaelle :-) I really enjoyed listening in while you talked to yourself although I would interrupt by talking back to my own self.

Many years ago... I think when Queen Victoria was on the throne (not the one in the loo!) I began playing computer games as cognitive and eye hand co-ordination therapy which is how I eventually discovered the LDW games.

Oh. and hello there Arnie :-) I appreciate your tag line..I will never, ever be too elderly to know how to play! Growing up would be such a bore..

#233956 - 05/10/13 05:55 PM Re: Slightly Narcissistic Post [Re: YaelleG]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Yes, welcome back Yaelle! What arnie said about the forum crash and the server move is very true. Those events, along with several forum software upgrades that changed how posts are handled by the database, have created challenges with finding many older posts. However, the neat thing is that you can always find all of your own posts. Just click on your name on the left side of one of your posts, then click "View posts" to see every post you've made. Have fun! laugh

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter